PDA

View Full Version : Finlay a babyface?

D Mac
11-29-2007, 12:52 AM
It seems they are turning him into one with this whole business with Hornswaggle.

Yay or Nay?

Cuzziebro
11-29-2007, 01:05 AM
There was another thread (cant remember which one) where someone (cant remember who) asked if we thought 'Swog was going to turn heel. And I did say I thought Finlay could be turning face. So to answer your question yay i think he is. Nay I don't like it!

Funky Fly
11-29-2007, 01:28 AM
It's fine is he basically doesn't change at all.

All that needs to change is that he fights heels instead of faces.

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2007, 04:08 AM

Exactly. Finlay would be pretty exciting as a badass Irish answer to Stone Cold. Just have him get in anyone's face, then kick their ass.

I'm really hoping that this leads to a Vince McMahon vs. Finlay program, with Vince sending people to try and take out Finlay, only for The Belfast Brawler to school them all. Fuck, the idea of Finlay beating around Shane McMahon in a Street Fight is pretty enticing.

Dave Youell
11-29-2007, 04:34 AM
If he remains the same and just beats up heels, yeah it can easily work.

But his face charisma in that promo with Vince about drinking on last weeks Raw seemed very forced, infact I can’t really remember any promos from Finlay that that I found decent and he’s going to need that if he’s to turn face.

There’s also an option c here folks

A: Finlay Face
B: Swag turn
C: Finlay swerve

What if Vince is in Cah-Hoots with Finlay and Fit is gaining swag’s trust, only to turn on him and become Vince’s bodyguard, this would probably lead to Swag/Vince at mania with Swag going *shudders* over Finlay at the rumble or no way out

Evil Vito
11-29-2007, 08:37 AM
What if Vince is in Cah-Hoots with Finlay and Fit is gaining swag’s trust, only to turn on him and become Vince’s bodyguard, this would probably lead to Swag/Vince at mania with Swag going *shudders* over Finlay at the rumble or no way out

<font color=goldenrod>Yeah that's what I think will happen.

Come to think, I can see Vince trying to screw over Swog further by entering him #1 in the Rumble. The sad part? I can see him lasting till close to the end cause he'll just hide under the ring.</font>

Corkscrewed
11-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Finlay's teased a face turn before, but I doubt he'll ever be a full-on face. He's great as a tweener who keeps the same persona and just fights heels. And often, he's just gone back to being heel. Plus, he's got enough pull to prevent himself from being made into the usual bland babyface.

BigDaddyCool
11-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Finlay has been a de-facto heel simply because he isn't a babyface. Now that he is messing with Vince is becoming the de-facto face only because Vince is the heel.

Kane Knight
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM

KYR
11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Exactly. Finlay would be pretty exciting as a badass Irish answer to Stone Cold. Just have him get in anyone's face, then kick their ass.

I'm really hoping that this leads to a Vince McMahon vs. Finlay program, with Vince sending people to try and take out Finlay, only for The Belfast Brawler to school them all. Fuck, the idea of Finlay beating around Shane McMahon in a Street Fight is pretty enticing.

Gee. Makes me try and think when the last tweener was around. We don't really have/had one for a while...that is if you forget JEWMAGA's recent 1 week face-turn (yeah :wtf:).

Is that what the WWE needs right now? A bad-ass tweener. Maybe they'll use Y2J?

Kane Knight
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Tweeners? You don't understand the business, son. If someone is cheered, they must become a face!

Xero
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Finlay: My name, is Finlay...

*Pan to Hornswoggle playing with toy cars*

Finlay: AND I LOVE TO PLAY! .... VRooooom!

Kane Knight
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I could see him using the shaleleigh on one of those inflatable clowns....

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I can understand why the WWE does not have tweeners, though. It's hard to pull off. The WWE teased something like that with Mr. Kennedy and Edge earlier this year (something they should go back to), but it is tricky to get a guy to balance on the heel/face line for a long time, effectively, without the fans losing their connection to him, because he's a face one week, and a heel another.

I think the best approach is to do what Funky and KK said, and that is to have Finlay remain the same character (so technically stay the heel that he currently is), but just turn his attention towards heels. The worst thing the WWE does these days, is throw faces together as all buddy-buddy good guys.