PDA

View Full Version : WOOO going to see Minus the Bear on my BIRTHDAY

mitchables
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
YES, motherfuckers. Once-in-a-lifetime chance here. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that incredibly amazing Minus the Bear were playing a show in Brisbane actually on my birthday. Unbelievable. So I booked up some tickets pretty much immediately. Gonna be amazing. Got Kirst and some friends coming with me, woooo. Plus, I will get to stay at my parents' place for free and mooch some homecooked food, since my Mum will undoubtedly fuss over me because I am mad skinny now because working in hospitality is unbelievably unhealthy for you over a sustained period of time and also because it will be my birthday and will deserve to be fussed over.

Whatever, this show is going to be incredible. Somebody on this board must have seen them. Baird, I think you did, didn't you? ANYWAY, were they good? THEY BETTER HAVE BEEN. :mad:

FakeLaser
12-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I was going to see them and I was retarded and didn't go.

Actually, I think I had an engagement party or something to do on that day or else I would have been there jamming out.

OssMan
12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
are you actually expecting a response from Baird.

mitchables
12-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, he'll respond to me.

FakeLaser
12-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Yo, what do you think of As Tall As Lions or Moros Eros? If you haven't heard either check them out ASAP

mitchables
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I was going to see them and I was retarded and didn't go.

Actually, I think I had an engagement party or something to do on that day or else I would have been there jamming out.

Ohhh, that sucks. Yeah I have seen a couple live videos of them playing or whatever and they seem to have been pretty delicious every time, so I have high hopes for it.

mitchables
12-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Yo, what do you think of As Tall As Lions or Moros Eros? If you haven't heard either check them out ASAP

I have listened to As Tall As Lions for a couple years now and quite enjoy their tunes. Moros Eros, though, I have yet to hear. I'll give them a download my man.

ron the dial
12-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm jealous of you, Mitch. I don't see nearly as many shows as I should, and Minus the Bear is definitely on the list of bands that I need to see.

Blitz
12-04-2007, 11:59 PM
I want to go :(

mitchables
12-05-2007, 02:43 AM
It was a tough call for me, though. Explosions in the Sky play the week after, and Sufjan Stevens plays a couple weeks before. But I dunno, just couldn't pass up the Bear on my Birthday. Just... goddamn. Gonna be so much fun.

Funky Fly
12-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Hooray for you. I have no idea who they are. However, I hope you have a blast.

The Destroyer
12-05-2007, 03:07 AM
Yeah, he'll respond to me.
Damn right.:heart:

I've not seen them since they toured over here just before Menos El Oso came out, but they were pretty damn good really. You will enjoy.

Funky Fly
12-05-2007, 03:18 AM
Hello, Baird. Long time no see, you sexy bastard. :love:

FakeLaser
12-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Shit, you better see Explosions In The Sky, supposed to be ridiculous live.