PDA

View Full Version : It's early, but let's talk about the Rumble.

St. Jimmy
12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Any early predictions as to who wins the actual rumble? If I was a betting man, I'd definately call a RAW winner this year. I'm actually thinking Kennedy as this years winner.

Mr. Pierre
12-06-2007, 02:54 PM
After Edge beats him at Armageddon for the title, I'm gonna say Batista, and then challenge Orton after Orton successfully defends against Hardy.

So after this year's Rumble I could see some of the ME matches for Mania being Orton vs. Batista, Edge vs. Undertaker, and HHH vs. Hardy.

Fox
12-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Jeff loses to Triple H at Armageddon.

Hunter takes the WWE Title from Orton at the Rumble while Jeff wins the Royal Rumble match himself. He chooses to face Triple H for the WWE Championship at Mania. We lead up with a face-on-face sort of thing up until the week before Mania, where Triple H turns heel on Jeff.

Tommy Gunn
12-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Jeff loses to Triple H at Armageddon.

Hunter takes the WWE Title from Orton at the Rumble while Jeff wins the Royal Rumble match himself. He chooses to face Triple H for the WWE Championship at Mania. We lead up with a face-on-face sort of thing up until the week before Mania, where Triple H turns heel on Jeff.

That's actually a brilliant idea, which means WWE will probably go in the complete opposite direction. Still, I hope to be surprised.

St. Jimmy
12-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Why is everyone so hard for Jeffy? He's nothing special.

Nark Order
12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Too early for Kennedy IMO. I'd have him win next year if anything.

About time for either Hardy, most likely Jeff. Also, I would not mind a Jericho win.

Jordan
12-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Jeff Hardy would be a perfect choice. He is so over right now, and it would be a great story leading to Wrestlemania, like HBK going into WM 12.

I say have Jericho win the title at Armageddon and face Orton again, or Triple H.
Also I would have Edge win the title at Armageddon.

Jeff would choose to face Edge in the main event of Wrestlemania. Jericho would face Shawn Michaels in the other main event.

Nark Order
12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
On another note. Anybody else think it would be cool to have a Triple Threat match between all former Evolution members at mania?

Trips vs Orton vs Batty

Outsider
12-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Flair.

Fox
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
On another note. Anybody else think it would be cool to have a Triple Threat match between all former Evolution members at mania?

Trips vs Orton vs Batty

Mania 21 would have been the place to do it. Evolution's time has passed, plus, it would require Batista to win either the Rumble or the Elimination Chamber to cross over to RAW, and I would rather see a less established up and comer make that jump. WWE needs fresh new main eventers right now.

Also, Orton = rest moves = boring match. I don't know if Hunter could carry both of these guys to a great match. It would be the second ever Triple Threat main event at a WM. The first one worked for obvious reasons. But Orton and Batista are no HBK and Benoit.

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Trips vs Orton vs Batty

Actually, given the Ric Flair retirement angle, this could be the match to go with, assuming they can find someone for Jeff Hardy to work with. A heel Bobby Lashley, perhaps? I'm not feeling Jeff Hardy headlining a WrestleMania, sorry.

There are two good options for a winner of the Royal Rumble, in my opinion. The first is Chris Jericho. He is the best wrestler they currently have, and he's proven entertainment. Jericho winning the Royal Rumble will allow him to bounce back from a loss to Randy Orton at No Way Out (which they can pass off due to ring rust and Jericho underestimating Orton), and also say "Look, this Jericho guy is the best we have" to the "casual fans," who have not been watching for more than a year, who have no idea who he is.

Chris Jericho winning gets my ultimate vote, and it would hopefully lead to Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship. That would be the most entertaining feud the WWE could put forward, between their two best wrestlers, and two guys who really deserve to be fighting over the belt. Given that they've already had a classic at WrestleMania, it would fit, in my opinion.

If they decided to have Jericho win the Elimination Chamber, which actually fits him a whole lot more, in my opinion, as much as I want to see him win the Rumble, then I'd go with Mr. Kennedy winning the Royal Rumble. Is it early? Yes. Is Kennedy still associated with steroids? Yes. Is Mr. Kennedy one of the few guys on the WWE roster with realistic main event potential? Yes. Kennedy reminds me of a cross between Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and Ric Flair. Obviously, he's not accepted as being as great as those three, but he has the ruthlessness of a Stone Cold character, the ego of a Rock character, and the psychology and strategy of a Ric Flair. All three are Royal Rumble winners. It just makes sense to me. Kennedy should enter sometime early in the match, get worn down, almost get chucked a few times, but he manages to hang on, pick his spots, and then he actually wins the match. This would hopefully give him enough momentum to somewhat turn face. Stick him back on SmackDown!, and have him challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship.

The third option, if I had to go that far, would be the WWE cutting a lot of their talent, like Big Daddy V, Mark Henry, Snitsky, etc. and throwing all that money at Stone Cold Steve Austin, who recently said in an interview he could go another two years full-time in his current physical state. I'd have Austin make a surprise entrance at #27, and throw out a bunch of guys, and go on to win his fourth Rumble. Heel Triple H vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWE Championship.

Jeff Hardy winning would not be awful, but his newfound love is a little unfounded, if you ask me. The guy is a lot more polished in the ring, but so is Johnny Nitro. Hardy still sucks on the mic, and isn't anymore over than he was in 2001.

BigDaddyCool
12-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Val Venis wins.

There I saved everyone from reading all the way through.

Evil Vito
12-06-2007, 07:54 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I want a fucking heel to win the Rumble...hasn't happened in nearly a decade.</font> :mad:

Mercury Bullet
12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Flair.

...and he'll start at 1 and go the distance.

Nark Order
12-06-2007, 08:12 PM
...and he'll start at 1 and go the distance.

Yeah, if Edge or Orton are not champion come Rumble then I would suggest a win.

D Mac
12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70447

The Naitch
12-07-2007, 02:16 AM
honestly, I'd like to see Flair win it

but somehow it won't be the main event due to some stipulation (like the Rey/Orton/Angle match at WM)

Flair will go the distance but lose at WM

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2007, 02:23 AM
There I saved everyone from reading all the way through.

Dude, it wasn't even funny the first time.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2007, 02:24 AM
The more and more I think about it, the more and more a Ric Flair win seems likely. I hope that's not the case. The guy is a legend and all, but come on. He shouldn't still be wrestling.

The Naitch
12-07-2007, 02:33 AM
he goes the distance, like final 2, but Kennedy screws him. There ya go, problem solved. Flair vs Kennedy at Mania

I dont wanna see Kennedy win the rumble this early

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
he goes the distance, like final 2, but Kennedy screws him. There ya go, problem solved. Flair vs Kennedy at Mania

I dont wanna see Kennedy win the rumble this early

That's a great option, too. Mr. Kennedy retiring Ric Flair would get him over as a top heel in the company, give him another huge WrestleMania win, and keep him out of the main event.

I really don't want to see Edge vs. Batista or Edge vs. The Undertaker, though. Fuck, give me Edge vs. Rey Mysterio before those matches. Or better yet, have Matt Hardy return and get the World Heavyweight Title shot somehow, and deliver on Edge vs. Hardy.

Heyman
12-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Trips vs Orton vs Batty

YES!

Hell - I'd even consider throwing Flair in there (or make him the special guest referee).

The history is definitely there between the members, which would lead to more fan interest.

This match probably wouldn't be all that great, but it would definitely be intriguing nonetheless.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2007, 10:01 AM
YES!

Hell - I'd even consider throwing Flair in there (or make him the special guest referee).

The history is definitely there between the members, which would lead to more fan interest.

This match probably wouldn't be all that great, but it would definitely be intriguing nonetheless.

It also keeps all four away from the title picture, which allows it to be a lot fresher. I'm all for it.

The Naitch
12-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Evolution 4 way

I hope this Evolution reunion leads up to this

Orton costs Bats the title, leading to Edge vs Taker

Bats costs Orton the title

Trips somehow gets thrown in the mix by screwing with Flair

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2007, 06:42 PM
The Evolution Fatal Fourway actually does sound good. :y: