PDA

View Full Version : Sum 41's Dave Baksh's new band "Brown Brigade"

Penner
12-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I donno if there's a topic about this or anything, but the brown guy from Sum 41 (the talented one) left to make a metal band called Brown Brigade.

It was pretty obvious that this dude was a metalhead, you can pretty much tell from the riffs that he made. Anyways I downloaded the CD and it's not bad. I still like the punk of Sum 41 then the metal of this band but maybe it'll grow on me.

Dave is the singer of this band and he's not bad. I would definitely say that he's a better singer than Deryck is.

Anyways anyone checked this out? If you haven't and you liked Sum 41 and you like melodic metal then you should check it out.

Funky Fly
12-08-2007, 06:29 PM
K, so I watched a video... he's not gonna make it in the metal world. They're not even generic, they're pretty sub-par.

Penner
12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't think they'll go far either. I could see them lasting this CD and only in Canada. They need more riffs like Sum 41 and he needs to learn to put his vocals in better places.

Funky Fly
12-11-2007, 12:19 AM
The song was in their media section on their site, which led to a youtube video. The song was clearly meant to be metal, but it still sounded too much like his Sum 41 ish to me. If I showed it to my cynical metal head brother, he would Tiger Uppercut me.