View Full Version : WWE.com "Best of Raw" Poll Results

KingofOldSchool
12-09-2007, 05:40 PM
WWE.com was running polls asking fans what the "best of the best"
was from the last 15 years of Raw.

GREATEST SUPERSTAR IN RAW HISTORY
1: The Undertaker; 2: John Cena; 3: The Rock; 4: Steve Austin

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT
1: Hulk Hogan leaves nWo and restarts Hulkamania in Montreal; 2: Tribute to Eddie Guerrero; 3: RAW Homecoming

GREATEST RIVALRY
1: Steve Austin Vs The Rock; 2: Steve Austin Vs Vince McMahon; 3: Triple H Vs The Rock

GREATEST MATCH
1: John Cena Vs Shawn Michaels (London 23/04/07); 2: Kane Vs Steve Austin (WWE Title June 1998); 3: The Undertaker Vs Jeff Hardy (Ladder Match WWE Title July 2002)

HOTTEST DIVA
1: Trish Stratus; 2: Lita; 3: Candice Michelle

15 MINUTES OF FAME
1: Damien Demento; 2: Meat; 3: Bertha Faye; 4: Friar Ferguson; 5: Gobbledly Gooker

MOST SHOCKING MOMENT
1: The Undertaker sacrifices Steve Austin; 2: Shane McMahon buys WCW; 3: DX invades WCW

GREATEST FACTION
1: D-Generation X; 2: Evolution; 3: nWo

GREATEST ANNOUNCER
1: Jim Ross; 2: Jerry Lawler

BEST INTERVIEW SEGMENT
1: The Highlight Reel; 2: Piper's Pit; 3: The Cutting Edge

The Naitch
12-09-2007, 05:56 PM
GREATEST SUPERSTAR IN RAW HISTORY
1: The Undertaker; 2: John Cena; 3: The Rock; 4: Steve Austin

wow that is fucking bullshit

My list would've gone

1. Austin
2. The Rock
3. John Cena
4. The Undertaker

Jeritron
12-09-2007, 06:10 PM
This shits stupid. They had awards 5 years ago and TLC 4 won best match and Austin won best superstar.

Flash forward 5 years, neither Austin or Undertaker have been part of Raw in any real capactiy since and it's the other way around?

And flash forward 5 years and Raws best match from that awards show trails matches that it beat before?

The Naitch
12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
this is fucking pure bullshit

but then again, all the "votes" are coming from recent fans and/or this shit is rigged

Jeritron
12-09-2007, 06:22 PM
They're probably running the same program WCW used for the Kidman/Hogan votes

FourFifty
12-09-2007, 06:27 PM
.......Who voted for this crap? Goddamn 15 year olds who have seen three shows?

Zen v.W.o.
12-09-2007, 06:31 PM
The fact Cena is in front of Hart and HBK is Bullshit. That's one thing. The fact a Cena match in in the top raw matches of all time is bs...Owen/Bulldog kills that match, as do others...

Best interview segment meaning what? Has Piper's pit really ever been a staple of raw? No...but if you're talking overall, Piper's Pit is untouchable..Jericho is a poor mans Piper in terms of charisma and mic skills.
Plus, the moments..has to go to the Pit.

Oh yeah, the nWo hardly made any impact in the wwe, and evolution was overrated.

Now I dont know why we get worked up over this...the votes are either rigged, or they were mostly voted upon by recent young fans, who cant make proper picks because they havent seen anything past 5 years ago.
And the older fans either dont watch anymore, dont care to vote as much...

The votes are fucking preposterous.

KYR
12-09-2007, 06:32 PM
this is fucking pure bullshit

but then again, all the "votes" are coming from recent fans and/or this shit is rigged

.......Who voted for this crap? Goddamn 15 year olds who have seen three shows?

Just about sums it up guys.

Xero
12-09-2007, 06:35 PM
How the hell can the Gooker be a "Best of RAW" anything? He came in in 1990 and, from my knowledge, had MAYBE one segment on RAW a few years back, but I'm not even sure about that.

Jeritron
12-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I resent your statment of Jericho being a poor mans piper. It's best interview segment on Raw, not ever. And most of those moments in the Pit weren't on Raw.

In all fairness, who else was going to get on that list besides nWo and Evolution? DX winning is right, but aside fromt he Corporation and The Ministry I can't think of any stables that should have topped Evolution or even the watered down nWo.

Jura
12-09-2007, 07:14 PM
The majority of the voters must be fans who have only been watching wrestling recently.

thedamndest
12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
lol, Meat.

Xero
12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
The majority of the voters must be fans who have only been watching wrestling recently.

Duh?

Kane Knight
12-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Duh?

Zen v.W.o.
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I resent your statment of Jericho being a poor mans piper. It's best interview segment on Raw, not ever. And most of those moments in the Pit weren't on Raw.

In all fairness, who else was going to get on that list besides nWo and Evolution? DX winning is right, but aside fromt he Corporation and The Ministry I can't think of any stables that should have topped Evolution or even the watered down nWo.

The Hart Foundation and then the Nation.

The Nation for the fantastic feud in 98 with DX, holding up the midcard, and the Hart Foundation for carrying 1997 in a fantastic feud that could never be repeated where they got the crowds so fucking riled up on both sides of the border.

That's what I am saying though about the Pit...they shouldnt have included it, because if they do, then it should always win.

Besides that, there havent even really been many interview segments on raw consistently enough, so why not just hand Jericho's little setup the award from the get-go, sans poll.

Evil Vito
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Those matches are bullshit...Angle/some Canadian guy in the cage was leading the voting by a LOT and suddenly it didn't crack the top 3...shock of shocks</font>

KYR
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Those matches are bullshit...Angle/some Canadian guy in the cage was leading the voting by a LOT and suddenly it didn't crack the top 3...shock of shocks</font>

Next you'll be telling me that wrestling is fake.

owenbrown
12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Bunch of marks rigging the voting. :shifty:

Xero
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
You think a lot of dead people voted in the polls?

I bet Chris Benoit got hung up on quite a few.

Kane Knight
12-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Those matches are bullshit...Angle/some Canadian guy in the cage was leading the voting by a LOT and suddenly it didn't crack the top 3...shock of shocks

IT'S STILL LEGITIMATE TO ME, DAMMIT!

Kane Knight
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Anyway, I don't get what people are complaining about here.

RVDmark
12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
You think a lot of dead people voted in the polls?

I bet Chris Benoit got hung up on quite a few.

Who in the bluest of blue hells is Chris Benoit? Well, don't just leave me hanging...

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah, apparently the WWE rigged most of the voting. Angle/Benoit was winning for best match, and Lita won for best diva. Candice Michelle was apparently behind Melina and Torrie Wilson, but the WWE bumped her up to third, and they swapped Lita and Trish Stratus around.

JT
12-09-2007, 11:13 PM
From Rajah.com: (again, get your shit together TPWW)

With Raw's 15th Anniversary 3-hour show airing this Monday, WWE's official website asked fans to vote for their favorite moments, Divas and Superstars, among others, in Raw history. They announced the results of the polls earlier today, but at least two of the polls appear to be rigged.

WWE.com stated that the John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels nearly hour-long match in the U.K. last April was voted as the greatest match in the history of Raw. Here is what they wrote regarding Raw's greatest match:

"Raw has had thousands of matches, but tops on your list, with 24.2 percent of the vote, was John Cena and Shawn Michaels' nearly hour-long epic classic in the U.K. on the April 23, 2007 edition of Raw. Coming in second, at 19.6 percent, was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's battle with Kane for the WWE Title in 1998, followed by Jeff Hardy and Undertaker's 2002 Ladder Match at 17.61 percent."

According to the real poll results on WWE.com, the Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit steel cage match that took place on June 11, 2001 was voted as the greatest match in Raw history with 32.33 percent of the vote. The Cena vs. HBK match didn't even finish in second place as that distinction goes to the "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Kane WWE Title match that took place the night after King of the Ring '98, which took home 26.09 percent of the vote. Cena vs. HBK actually finished in third place with 11.34 percent of the vote. Additionally, the Jeff Hardy and Undertaker Ladder Match in the summer of 2002 only garnered 6.89 percent of the vote, not 17.61 percent, not to mention that it finished in fourth place, not in third place.

The 'Greatest Match' poll wasn't the only poll rigged on WWE.com as the results for Raw's 'Hottest Diva' were rigged as well. Here is what they wrote regarding 'Hottest Diva':

"For our fans, it was "100% Stratusfaction" when deciding Raw's Hottest Diva. Seven-time Women's Champion Trish Stratus took top honors in the voting with 20.8 percent of the vote.

The four-time Women's Champion Lita came in second with 14.6 percent, and Candice Michelle finished third with 11.8 percent. There's really no loser in this category, however. All the Divas are smokin'! We all win."

According to the real poll results on WWE.com, Lita was the legitimate winner of the poll, not Trish Stratus. Trish didn't even finish in second place in the poll as that distinction goes to Mickie James. According to the real poll results, Lita came in first place by a mile with 34.77 percent of the vote. Mickie James, who is not even mentioned in WWE's blurb, finished in second with 21.79 percent. Trish actually finished in third place with 12.18 percent of the vote, but was deemed the winner of the poll by the WWE overlords anyway. Candice Michelle actually had a low vote tally with a 4.26 percent vote total. Mickie James garnered over five times the amount of votes of Candice, but is not even mentioned in the blurb on WWE.com. Melina and Torrie Wilson also finished ahead of Candice.

As far as the other poll results are concerned, they appear to be legitimate as the results listed on WWE.com match up with the actual poll results.

KYR
12-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Wait, wait, wait. WAIT A MINUTE!

Are you telling me that the WWE RIGGED a poll????

Someone get Matt Boone on the line right now! I won't believe a word of it until I can read it as << WWE Rig Internet Poll, Vince Nipple Slip, BDV Double Nipple Slip - SHOCKING - ((GO NOW >>>)) (http://mattboone_is_a_tool.com)