PDA

View Full Version : WWE Armageddon PPV ...

Mr. JL
12-09-2007, 09:34 PM
... actually looks like it may be a very good show.

WWE Championship
Randy Orton versus Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista versus Edge versus Undertaker

Triple H versus Jeff Hardy

Shawn Michaels versus Mr. Kennedy

MVP versus Rey Mysterio
-----

There's five solid matches that have no reason in the world not to deliver some exciting wrestling matches. This is definitely one of the better PPV line-ups I have seen in a while. Anymore thoughts??

RVDmark
12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Now you mention it, I'm actually looking forward to pretty much every match. And you forgot Mickie James vs Beth Pheonix, which at least does have the potential to be a solid match.

DarKCentaur
12-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Not only is this a solid card, but this looks like it could be a banner PPV that begins to really turn things around for the WWE. HBK/Kennedy and HHH/Hardy will no doubt be career-defining matches for Kennedy and Hardy, while the title matches have all the potential in the world to deliver. I'm really excited for this show.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I believe CM Punk & Kane vs. Big Daddy V & Mark Henry are confirmed as well. This could be a lot of fun, as V is at least experienced enough to not fuck up, and Henry has not been atrocious lately. Kane and Punk are both exciting when they get on a roll. It won't be pretty, but it could be fun in a faces get the feel-good victory way. Hopefully they do go with Punk & Kane picking up the win. Use this to get them in the Royal Rumble, and then tease tension between them.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I feel like John Morrison & The Miz should be on this PPV in a wrestling capacity, though. Just have Paul London & Brian Kendrick face them in an interpromotional match, or something.

.44 Magdalene
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Some of these matches seem very out of place.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Some of these matches seem very out of place.

I agree. I like the difference, though. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho is the first WWE Title Match in ages I've cared about. Jericho won't win the Title, but it should be a good match.

Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy and Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Kennedy take two guys who are usually in the main event scene, and puts them in matches against up-and-coming talent. That is something that we're not used to, but I'm interested in seeing it.

Cuzziebro
12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't really watch Smackdown, what happened to Hardy and MVP feud. Where does Mysterio come into it?

redoneja
12-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Hardy had a legit appendectomy and is going to out for a few weeks, so Mysterio and MVP have developed a mini-feud of sorts to keep MVP fresh on TV until Hardy can return and resume their feud.

thedamndest
12-10-2007, 01:25 AM
You left out Finlay v. Khali...

KYR
12-10-2007, 01:32 AM
You left out Finlay v. Khali...

Yeah. When's Lashley due back?

Can't help but think he's got to be involved in Armageddon somehow.

Logically (so it won't happen) he should be involved somehow with HBK v Kennedy.

But then again it may be Finlay v Khali or maybe Batista v Edge v U/Taker setting up a 4-way for Rumble?

thedamndest
12-10-2007, 01:34 AM
We haven't had eighteen weeks of return promos, so probably not yet.

KYR
12-10-2007, 01:36 AM
We haven't had eighteen weeks of return promos, so probably not yet.

:lol: That's true.

Rammsteinmad
12-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Looks pretty good.

But then again, how many times have people said that on here this year?

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Looks pretty good.

But then again, how many times have people said that on here this year?Pretty much every single PPV.

Rammsteinmad
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
:yes:

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Basically, the argument is this:

Provided that the WWE does everything exactly as I want it/wish it would go, this will be a great PPV. But since they won't, I will instead build myself up to be let down, again and again.

interforce
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree. I like the difference, though. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho is the first WWE Title Match in ages I've cared about. Jericho won't win the Title, but it should be a good match.

I agree i hope Jericho does not win the title. Its not because i dont rate him. Infact i think he has turning point factor at the moment. Its just the crowds really need to start getting into him.

To be honest i hope the match ends in him making a mistake due to being out of the ring for 2 years and Orton gets a clean pin. That leaves the story line open for another shot later on down the line.

What WWE need to do with Jericho is have him have a decent fued with someone where he can show off his mic skills etc etc and get the crowd cheering for him again. As at the moment i feel the crowds are like Jeriwho??

Give him a nice run till WM and have him challenge for the title after then.

Theo Dious
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Not only is this a solid card, but this looks like it could be a banner PPV that begins to really turn things around for the WWE.

MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!!!

Theo Dious
12-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Looks pretty good.

But then again, how many times have people said that on here this year?

Pretty much every single PPV.

To be fair, there were a few times where the feeling towards an upcoming PPV was "this is going to be shit."

Tommy Gunn
12-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I would sell my left nut to see Jericho vs. MVP someday in a lengthy 3 part feud.

This card looks pretty good aside from Finlay vs. Khali, but every PPV needs a dud so you can take a piss/get more food etc.

Jeritron
12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
This card looks pretty good aside from Finlay vs. Khali, but every PPV needs a dud so you can take a piss/get more food etc.

That's why they have a women's title.

KYR
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
To be honest, apart from WM, this is probably the only other PPV this year that I will buy (as opposed to downloading later) to watch live. I just get the feeling, can't explain why, that something unique is going to happen to finish the year to prepare us for the Rumble.

Then again, I could be totally wrong and be horribly disappointed.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm actually hoping they have Chris Jericho embarrass Vince McMahon on RAW somehow (easy way to get face heat), and then he defeats Randy Orton at Armageddon, to look like a world beater, but then Vince McMahon reverses the decision on RAW, because Jericho did not climb the ladder when he returned, and wants further proof that he should be allowed to contend for the WWE Championship.

It'd be a modified rehash of Jericho beating Triple H in 2000.

Theo Dious
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm actually hoping they have Chris Jericho embarrass Vince McMahon on RAW somehow (easy way to get face heat), and then he defeats Randy Orton at Armageddon, to look like a world beater, but then Vince McMahon reverses the decision on RAW, because Jericho did not climb the ladder when he returned, and wants further proof that he should be allowed to contend for the WWE Championship.

It'd be a modified rehash of Jericho beating Triple H in 2000.

Yeah, let's shit on the title's credibility even more than it already has been.

Theo Dious
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I would sell my left nut to see Jericho vs. MVP someday in a lengthy 3 part feud.

You know, I keep hearing this expression, but are there actually people in this world that PURCHASE left nuts?