PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton to Shawn Michaels

Jordan X
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Shawn Michaels recently compared Randy Orton to himself in an interview, I don't know where the interview is so you will just have to trust me. He was talking about his attitude mostly though, how Orton is cocky like HBK was when he was young.

I used to be such an Orton hater, I hated his mic skills and ring skills more than almost anybody on the roster. One thing you can't deny is his look, and presence. Recently he has gotten a lot better in the ring, just tighter, and his mic time hasn't been wretched.

Anyway I was just thinking about that interview and the comparison and its so true. Obviously their out of the ring attitudes are basically the same, they think they should be on top. Now take HBK around 1994 and compare him to Randy Orton. Their mic skills, in ring abilities, and persona are basically the same. So basically I have realized that Orton has a ton of room to grow, but is a great wrestler as he is now. Hopefully he could one day be as big as Shawn Michaels.

And Shawn still does just as many rest holds as Orton.

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 02:51 PM
I think he just means he's going bald.

Jeritron
12-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Shawn Michaels was far greater in 1994 than Randy Orton is right now. Randy Orton has only gone downhill since his match quality and on screen character in 2004.

BigDaddyCool
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
...I'm speechless.

Instant Classic
12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Michaels is back on the cocaine.

Rammsteinmad
12-10-2007, 03:35 PM
I think that may have been in the Sun Newspaper here in the UK. There was an article about Shawn Michaels facing Randy Orton... can't remember much else of it though... But in case anyone doubted Jordan X, it's true that Michaels did say that in an interview as I recall reading it somewhere.

Jeritron
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Michaels is back on the cocaine.

I wish.

Instant Classic
12-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I wish.

Me too, me too. Someone just needs to tell him that God invented the Coco plant for our amusement and enjoyment.

James Steele
12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
You fail at life for comparing Orton to Michaels when it comes to talent. Orton hasn't been good since he was carried by Evolution and Mick Foley.

BigDaddyCool
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I understand part of what he is saying with attitudes being similar. But Micheals has talent. Orton is so forced.

Narcissus
12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
You fail at life for comparing Orton to Michaels when it comes to talent. Orton hasn't been good since he was carried by Evolution and Mick Foley.

You're right, because entertaiment isn't subjective at all.

James Steele
12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Not when it is obvious.

RVDmark
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I suppose Orton isn't that bad. Except for his wrestling ability, his attitude, his promo's and his voice. Oh and the fact that he looks like a dick.

KYR
12-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I suppose Orton isn't that bad. Except for his wrestling ability, his attitude, his promo's and his voice. Oh and the fact that he looks like a dick.

:rofl: But apart from all that he's good right?

KYR
12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
But seriously, was the interview made in kayfabe?

I honestly don't think you can compare the mediocrity (and that's being kind) of Orton to the greatness of Michaels.

Dorkchop
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I've heard about this a couple of times now. Orton seems a lot similar to what HBK was back in the 90s, but Orton seems less like a little bitch though. I don't remember off the top of my head, but Orton does the job every now and then, if I remember correctly.

Maybe one day he can end up just like HBK... except with less talent.

Noid
12-10-2007, 09:33 PM
The closest thing I can compare Randy Orton to Shawn Michaels with, is his dickweed character. You know, HBK tossed Marty Jannetty through the window, and Orton kicks people's dads in the head.

A lot of people have said that Orton is talented, and could lead the industry (I mean wrestlers and people who know what they are talking about), and he certainly has the talent to do so. It's just the guy hasn't cut a good promo or had consistently good matches since 2004.

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
The closest thing I can compare Randy Orton to Shawn Michaels with, is his dickweed character. You know, HBK tossed Marty Jannetty through the window, and Orton kicks people's dads in the head.

A lot of people have said that Orton is talented, and could lead the industry (I mean wrestlers and people who know what they are talking about), and he certainly has the talent to do so. It's just the guy hasn't cut a good promo or had consistently good matches since 2004.

They've also both got a history of drugs. :y:

Also, Randy Orton tonight said that he was at the pinnacle of his career. How fucking telling is that? :lol:

("pinnacle" being the peak, and Orton seeming to have peaked in mediocrity)

Noid
12-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Also, Randy Orton tonight said that he was at the pinnacle of his career. How fucking telling is that? :lol:

Yeah, I don't get why everyone is on his dick for being a good heel. The guy is pretty fucking boring, actually. His feuds with John Cena and Shawn Michaels weren't horrible, but they weren't great, either. The man is still fucking shit on the mic for a guy in his position.

Theo Dious
12-11-2007, 11:44 AM

So... wait... does that mean he'll never achieve greater heights of mediocrity than he has now?

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 01:52 PM
So... wait... does that mean he'll never achieve greater heights of mediocrity than he has now?
Apparently, he doesn't think so.