PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Bobby.

KingofOldSchool
12-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Bobby Heenan is undergoing major surgery tomorrow. They will be taking bone from both his shin and thigh and using it to reconstruct a new jaw, because his jawbone was destroyed by radiation therapy in treating his throat cancer. The surgery is major enough that after completion, they will have to put him in a coma for several days. Credit: Wrestling Observer

:(

I hate to be a downer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pass away at the beginning of next year. Or he will at least be the first major wrestling death next year. :-\

It just seems that every time I turn around I hear something about his health getting worse. I hope Bobby makes through okay, he's one of the few guys in wrestling I've idolized over the years.

SammyG
12-13-2007, 11:15 PM
:(:(:( Hope all goes well. Heenan is the goods

Innovator
12-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Fuck, I hope this works for him

KYR
12-13-2007, 11:24 PM
:(:(:( Hope all goes well. Heenan is the goods

:y:

JT
12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
:(

Mercury Bullet
12-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Good luck man. I hope he makes it through.

D Mac
12-14-2007, 01:22 AM
One of the greatest and funniest men ever in the biz. Hang in there Bobby.

The One
12-14-2007, 01:29 AM
Much sympathy to Bobby and his loved ones right now. I hope he pulls through and maintains some level of health.

D Mac
12-14-2007, 01:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TKd0ZVTGeU

:rofl:

Funky Fly
12-14-2007, 02:26 AM
I heard that. Get well soon, Brain.

FourFifty
12-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Oh Snap, not Bobby. I was hoping Lashley got re-injured, but The Brain? That sucks.
You can do it Bobby! If you can wear a weasle suit in front of a crowd you can do this!

Dave Youell
12-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Dam, why wouldn't this title be about Lashley! WHY WHY!

Kane Knight
12-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Jesus., that's horrible.

BigDaddyCool
12-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh Snap, not Bobby. I was hoping Lashley got re-injured, but The Brain? That sucks.
You can do it Bobby! If you can wear a weasle suit in front of a crowd you can do this!

That is what I thought too.

Now not to sound heartless and evil, but how good of a life can it be where your jaw is made out of your shin? This kind of medicine always bothers me. Before someone miss reads this, no I do not want Bobby to die. I just question medical practices such as this. I'm not completely sure what I would do in that situation but if I was told I would either die of cancer or have to go through radation therpy where the end result is I would have my shin as a jaw bone. I would question if they are just porlonging my suffering with no benifit to me expect I get to spend a year in a hospital bed as opposed to a few days.

owenbrown
12-14-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TKd0ZVTGeU

:rofl:

Vintage Heenan. :lol: Get Well Soon Brain. :y:

Evil Vito
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Shit :(

Get well soon Bobby!</font>

Corkscrewed
12-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Get well soon, Brain. The entire wrestling community is behind you.

Gerard
12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I think most knew he had chemo, never knew that it affected his jaw bone so badly. :(

Fingers crosed this works out well for him.

Hanso Amore
12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
The Single Greatest Heel Persona Ever.

Ever.

Not Kidding.

Sepholio
12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Heenan is a god. Get well soon Bobby.

The Ravishing One
12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Good luck Bobby. :y:

Fignuts
12-14-2007, 06:04 PM

Ever.

Not Kidding.

agreed.

I would also rate him as the best color commentator ever.

Fignuts
12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
That doesn't stop at wrestling either.

Hanso Amore
12-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Bobby got everone of his wrestlers over, even though some were turds. With exception to Perfect and Andre, he never had anyon special, but he made them special.

Fox
12-14-2007, 09:52 PM

Now not to sound heartless and evil, but how good of a life can it be where your jaw is made out of your shin? This kind of medicine always bothers me. Before someone miss reads this, no I do not want Bobby to die. I just question medical practices such as this. I'm not completely sure what I would do in that situation but if I was told I would either die of cancer or have to go through radation therpy where the end result is I would have my shin as a jaw bone. I would question if they are just porlonging my suffering with no benifit to me expect I get to spend a year in a hospital bed as opposed to a few days.

Bobby Heenan has every right to choose whether he speaks for the rest of his life without constant pain, or whether he is able to walk on both legs for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, because he already had to choose life via radiation therapy over death by cancer, he comes to this point where he must now make another choice.

Why you would "question medical practices such as these" is beyond me. The doctors are trying to help Bobby the best that they can and to give him every viable option for a better life under his conditions.

Fox
12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Bobby got everone of his wrestlers over, even though some were turds. With exception to Perfect and Andre, he never had anyon special, but he made them special.

:y: I wish there were still managers like Heenan. The last good one was Paul Heyman with Brock Lesnar, and even Heyman is no Heenan.

Shadow
12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Why is it always the ones we love?

Get well man.

cnut
12-15-2007, 03:46 AM
Heenan is a genuine treasure.

The greatest ones are the greatest loss when they happen. Get well soon Bobby.

Funky Fly
12-15-2007, 03:57 AM

Well, from what it sounds like, they are taking grafts, not the whole bone, so he should still be able to walk in time if all goes well.

D Mac
12-15-2007, 05:33 AM
agreed.

I would also rate him as the best color commentator ever.

And the funniest ever.

Hanso Amore
12-15-2007, 12:51 PM
This is a pretty common surgery. They take bone grafts from the extra shin bone sto you can still walk but it stimulate bown growth in the jaw. And they shape it to make you look pretty normal.

Kane Knight
12-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Why you would "question medical practices such as these" is beyond me. The doctors are trying to help Bobby the best that they can and to give him every viable option for a better life under his conditions.

You don't know that, Fox.

From experience, I'm guessing that the extent to which this has damaged him indicates he probably doesn't have much longer to live, or any real sense of quality of life left.

I really do hope I'm wrong, but hope and reality are often two completely unrelated matters.

Hanso Amore
12-15-2007, 05:19 PM
You don't know that, Fox.

From experience, I'm guessing that the extent to which this has damaged him indicates he probably doesn't have much longer to live, or any real sense of quality of life left.

I really do hope I'm wrong, but hope and reality are often two completely unrelated matters.

I think it might be a good thing.

if there was so much radiation it destroyed his jaw, they must have gotten that cancer. I would give up my jaw to to survive cancer if they could build me a new one.

Kane Knight
12-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it might be a good thing.

if there was so much radiation it destroyed his jaw, they must have gotten that cancer. I would give up my jaw to to survive cancer if they could build me a new one.That's wishful thinking and not even remotely sound logic, Hanso.

The Heenan Family
12-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Simply put, Heenan was gold.

Hanso Amore
12-15-2007, 08:43 PM
That's wishful thinking and not even remotely sound logic, Hanso.

What is the opposite of wishful thinking? Because that is you.

Radiation has side effects, none of which are good. But in order to treat his cancer, his jaw was damaged. So they have to treat that now so that he can live a normal life. You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet.

All I am saying is this doesnt point to the end of his life and what not. Maybe it is, but I would imagine if they are going to go through an induced coma and major surgery, that there has to be a life worth living on the other side.

Kane Knight
12-15-2007, 09:21 PM
What is the opposite of wishful thinking? Because that is you.

Informed? Realistic? Logical? Discerning?

All such bad things to be.

You're still assuming that the cancer was all killed off, which is actually incredibly unrealistic. I'm merely pointing out the reality of the scenario. It was pretty serious if they resorted to that level of chemo. It really was. There's a decent chance that they didn't actually kill it all, because the only way to really be sure is to kill him. Literally. That's why chemo and other cancer treatments are so touchy. You're trying to poison someone just enough to kill off the cancer, but not kill them or permanently damage them. And that's hard. Very hard. By the point they've stepped up chemo to this point, it's incredibly serious, and they're willing to risk a lt worse to try and keep you alive. I know this, which is why I'm realistic, and not saying "the cancer must be gone!"

Yeah, I guess I see why coming at this rationally and thinking about the actual rammifications is a bad thing. Sorry I'm not telling you what you want to hear.

I'm just not fond of lying.

wwe2222
12-16-2007, 07:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx4OD3kkvTQ

this is a pretty funny video

KingofOldSchool
12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke with Cindy Heenan, Bobby’s wife and she told me that Bobby has had the two surgeries on his jaw because the first one was not a success. The doctors hope that the second surgery will be successful and that the new bone will heal properly. He is still in a coma and will be brought out slowly this week. Bobby will be in the hospital another two or three weeks.

It is going to be a long road to recovery for Bobby so please keep The Brain in your thoughts and prayers.

When I know more I will let you all know.

David Herro

Xero
01-09-2008, 10:53 AM
From PWInsider:

WWE Hall of Famer Bobby Heenan underwent what will hopefully be his final surgery several days ago with surgeons closing the opening in his rebuilt jaw using fatty tissue under the chin and skin grafts. Our best to the Heenan family and "The Brain" for a fast and painless recovery.

Hanso Amore
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Jesus. He has been in a Coma for like 2 week.

Londoner
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
How do u know?

Hanso Amore
01-09-2008, 12:14 PM
His last news story said once he gets the first surgery, they have to keep him in a coma till his jaw heals. Well, they had to re-do it, and now they just finished. But you have to be ina coma the whole time so your bones can graft and regenerate properly. Its and induced coma.

Mooияakeя™
01-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Ever.

Not Kidding.

Whilst I agree with this, I'd like to move him to greatest heel manager. Di Biase was the goods for me too as a Heel persona. Just spent 2hrs on you tube watch classic Heenan/Di Biase/Flair stuff from 80's / early 90's.

FakeLaser
01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Get well soon Bobby.