PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown! Spoilers: Just when we thought The Major Brothers were getting a push...

Noid
12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
They tell us they ain't brothers!

Credit: Eric Buttacio and Pwinsider.com

Dark Match:
- Kofi Kingston defeated Dave Taylor

Smackdown:
- Vicky Guerrero and Teddy Long are in the ring and announce Edge and officially award him the world Title. Edge brings out his "Edge Heads," which are the Major Brothers. They reveal their "real names," which are Zach Bryant and Kurt Hopkins. Edge thanks then and Vicky and a video runs in tribute to Edge and Vicky. They then make out.

- Finlay and Hornswoggle defeated The Great Khali and Runjin Singh

- Ric Flair cuts a promo about his New Year's Eve match against HHH

- CM Punk, Kane and Rey Mysterio defeated Big Daddy V, Mark Henry and MVP

- Santa Match: Festus defeated Deuce. Both were dressed in Santa Outfits.

- JBL gives his farewell address to Smackdown. He says that he is going to Raw to wrestle in main events, win title and complete the greatest comeback in Sports Entertainment history. Tazz replaces JBL on commentary for Smackdown.

- Vicky comes out and says that Batista will challenge for the World Title. But it will be three on one with Edge and his Edge Heads against Batista.

- Batista wins the match by DQ when one of the Majors uses a chair shot to the knee of Batista. They leave Batista laying to end the show.

Noid
12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Zach Bryant and Kurt Hopkins? It's...interesting. I would have liked the name I saw elsewhere for this new heel stable: "Edge and the Kazoos"

Noid
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Apparently a lot of people backstage are hoping that this heel push for Zach Bryant and Kurt Hopkins works out, because they aren't happy with Mark Henry and The Great Khali being top heels on SmackDown!, and they feel that The Majors will be easier to work with.

That makes their push sound more serious than even delusional old me thought it would be.

Jeritron
12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Great Khali's on Raw. Isn't he?

The One
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Why does WWE do this dumb shit where wrestlers officially declare that the names they were using were fake stage names...but then start working under different fake stage names that are supposedly their "real" name? How fucking dumb.

Also, SmackDown has more than Khali and Henry as top heels, they have MVP, granted he's only half man, but he makes up for it be also being half AMAZING! Plus Finley can always work solid heel, Batista would work better as a heel, and Chavo is due back at some point...but whatever, maybe these boys will break through and be hugely talented. Who knows.

TOVO Fact: Tovo is growing his hair out long again.

The Heenan Family
12-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Zach Bryant and Kurt Hopkins? It's...interesting. I would have liked the name I saw elsewhere for this new heel stable: "Edge and the Kazoos"

That was my stable name for Edge. I'm sticking with it.

FourFifty
12-18-2007, 10:04 PM
The Majors should turn into "The Edge Heads." They'll come out to the "You Think You Know Me" song, one should use the spear and the other the downward spiral.

Noid
12-18-2007, 10:12 PM
The Majors should turn into "The Edge Heads." They'll come out to the "You Think You Know Me" song, one should use the spear and the other the downward spiral.

Honestly, that would be fucking awesome. They must use "You Think You Know Me" as far as I'm concerned. Give them versions of Edge's moves as finishers, too. Let them use a Double Downward Spiral, Double Spear and Double Edgecution. They already do an STO/Russian leg sweep combo called "The Major Pain." They could also easily reverse that, and have it as kind of a reverse STO/Downward Spiral combo.

Noid
12-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Why does WWE do this dumb shit where wrestlers officially declare that the names they were using were fake stage names...but then start working under different fake stage names that are supposedly their "real" name? How fucking dumb.

Also, SmackDown has more than Khali and Henry as top heels, they have MVP, granted he's only half man, but he makes up for it be also being half AMAZING! Plus Finley can always work solid heel, Batista would work better as a heel, and Chavo is due back at some point...but whatever, maybe these boys will break through and be hugely talented. Who knows.

TOVO Fact: Tovo is growing his hair out long again.

I agree. I hated that with "John Morrison," and I hate it to a degree now. However, as The Major Brothers were really nothing as it were, the change doesn't upset their momentum and continuity too much (what momentum?).

The article that reported that many backstage were happy to The Majors get pushes also listed MVP as a top heel, but they are taking their time to really groom him properly. Finlay can play a heel role, but his face push at the moment is interesting, so they shouldn't interrupt that. Batista would make a great face, but as if the WWE are going to allow that to happen? Chavo returning is something I look forward to. It only makes sense that he joins up with Edge, Vickie and the Kazoos.

I'm seriously loving this flash push, as it came out of nowhere.

KingofOldSchool
12-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Meh.

It's not like they got over by being "The Major Brothers" so whatever.

The Heenan Family
12-18-2007, 10:51 PM
It's something fresh and new, God knows we haven't seen that in a while. It's Broodish...

KYR
12-19-2007, 12:55 AM
It's something fresh and new, God knows we haven't seen that in a while. It's Broodish...

Hey, if ECW had the New Breed, Smackdown! can have the New Brood.

Savio
12-19-2007, 01:08 AM
So who commentates with styles now?

Dave Youell
12-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Well if they have different names, at least it seperates them from just being to generic tag team members, pleased that they seem to be getting something.

I like the idea of them using Edge's moveset, if they are going to be called 'Edgeheads' maybe they can act like they are his biggest fans or something

Funky Fly
12-19-2007, 06:01 AM
They should dress in Edge related gear like Team Angle.

Londoner
12-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Great Khali's on Raw. Isn't he?

Tbh i can't tell these days, i think he's officially on smackdown since he just feuded with finlay, but im confused.

.44 Magdalene
12-19-2007, 08:17 AM
I could barely remember the Major Brothers... now they have names?

Fuck.

RVDmark
12-19-2007, 12:07 PM
So who commentates with styles now?

Probably Taz, ECW is done right after smackdown and they travel together anyway, so why not?

Noid
12-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Honestly, if they re-hired Paul Heyman, and just used him for commentary, I would watch SmackDown! every week. They won't do that, but seriously, the guy can get people over from the booth. He is a large reason that Rhyno actually caught on with WWE crowds ("Gore! Gore! Gore!").

They can also edit him on commentary, so there's not too much chance of controvesy stemming from his return to the company. Heyman would also make it three former or current General Managers involved in the show in some capacity. A three-way feud between Theodore Long, Vickie Guerrero and Paul Heyman for control of the show (without removing Heyman as commentator) would be pretty sweet as far as non-wrestling angles go. In segments where Paul E. is bitching at Teddy and Vickie in the back, Josh Mathews or Tazz can fill-in on commentary.

Chavo Classic
12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I have no problem with the WWE using wrestlers real-names on screen. However, it bugs me when the situation calls for the real name can to be used, and it isn't. Such as the Test and Steph McMahon marriage, when the groom was formally introduced as 'Test' and not Andrew Martin which his bride had been refering to him as for weeks.

SammyG
12-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Can't wait to see JBL competing again.