PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Back On Raw?!

RVDmark
12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
-- The USA Network has purchased rights to "The Game Plan" starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. It is likely they will try to tie the promotion of the film into WWE Monday Night RAW.

From the front page story by Ryan Gray (Not Matt Boone) who credits PWInsider.

So how likely is this? Let the marking out begin. :)

Theo Dious
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah, Ryan Gray and Matt Boone aren't the same guy.

You are leaving cookies for Santa next week, right?

RVDmark
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
So should you if you want the big prezzies ;)

OverTaker
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
If he isn't coming back full time, then it's really going to be a let down.

Kane Knight
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks for reminding me to leave cookies.

Xero
12-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Ho ho ho.

Lock Jaw
12-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Probably isn't coming back at all. The Network is probably just going to play lots of commercials for the movie while Raw is on. Maybe one of those extra-long trailers that you see sometimes on TV.

SammyG
12-20-2007, 01:01 AM
The rock says

Xero
12-20-2007, 01:12 AM
The Rock says stop being little, whiny, bitchy marks, SHUT YOUR MOUTH, and realize that The Rock is making more money and has a better life than he EVER had in.. 'rassling... IF YA SMEL--... Ah, fuck off, you marks.

Nervous Ferret
12-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Aaron 'Goblin' Gray

The Naitch
12-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Why would The Rock go back to wrestling?

Wrestling is labelled as lame and gay, and he wants to distance himself from that. Sure, he's the best crossover superstar in the history of WWE, but him going back to wrestling would be like taking 2 steps back instead of steps forward

Austin, Hogan, and Cena need wrestling, Rock doesn't

GD
12-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Sure its like 16 time heavyweight champ Ric Flair winning the IC belt. The Rock say is your pregnant, bitch?

RVDmark
12-20-2007, 06:49 AM
I wasn't suggesting he'd return as a wrestler, but in a non-wrestling role. I don't hold out hope of seeing him wrestle again, but to see him on Raw would be nice. As many peoiple on here would have you believe, he was an average wrestler anyway, the promo's would be good enough. And if he wanted to distance himself from wrestling, then why do the pre-taped segment for WM on Raw this year?

If he's on the show then he'll be promoting a movie, which, lets be honest, is his current job anyway, he just gets to do it on Raw, and some of us get to mark the fuck out.

RVDmark
12-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Austin, Hogan, and Cena need wrestling, Rock doesn't

Stop watching his films and buying the merch and watch him come crawling back.

The MAC
12-20-2007, 07:33 AM
finally... the ROCK HAS COME BACK ..TO PLUG...ANOTHER MOVIEEEee (peoples eyebrow)

Fox
12-20-2007, 08:05 AM
How does everyone else feel about Rock kind of disowning wrestling?

If you think about it, he owes everything to his fans. If we hadn't cheered for him and bought so much of his shit and made him a WWE star between 1996-2002, The Rock would probably be in the position of an HBK or an Undertaker today.

Now that he took that ball and ran with it, he left the game and now he's playing for a different audience. I have to say that I feel Rock owes us a visit every year, even if just a cameo, just to show his true die hard fans that he's not too good for the business, which is exactly the impression he has been giving out.

RVDmark
12-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Thats the whole point Fox. I can accept that he went on do movies which involves much less strain on the body and for more cash, from that point of view its a good decision and well done to him. But the flip side is that it wouldn't really hurt him to make an appearence occasionally, and possibly even do the occasional Rock Bottom.

I've always thought that the Rock as a heel GM would be awesome. They could have him do the promo's via tape from whichever studio he is filming at, his Hollywood persona is already established. He could make matches commish style and then everytime there is adodgy finish to a match or similar, just have him say he was filming at the time and didn't see it. And other similar heel promo's.

Hey Rock "The People's Champ", come back "For the people".

KYR
12-20-2007, 10:14 PM
How does everyone else feel about Rock kind of disowning wrestling?

If you think about it, he owes everything to his fans. If we hadn't cheered for him and bought so much of his shit and made him a WWE star between 1996-2002, The Rock would probably be in the position of an HBK or an Undertaker today.

Now that he took that ball and ran with it, he left the game and now he's playing for a different audience. I have to say that I feel Rock owes us a visit every year, even if just a cameo, just to show his true die hard fans that he's not too good for the business, which is exactly the impression he has been giving out.

Thats the whole point Fox. I can accept that he went on do movies which involves much less strain on the body and for more cash, from that point of view its a good decision and well done to him. But the flip side is that it wouldn't really hurt him to make an appearence occasionally, and possibly even do the occasional Rock Bottom.

I've always thought that the Rock as a heel GM would be awesome. They could have him do the promo's via tape from whichever studio he is filming at, his Hollywood persona is already established. He could make matches commish style and then everytime there is adodgy finish to a match or similar, just have him say he was filming at the time and didn't see it. And other similar heel promo's.

Hey Rock "The People's Champ", come back "For the people".

Now, if I'd have said all that...:shifty:

Kane Knight
12-21-2007, 09:49 AM
The Rock used to promote his movies because there was some benefit to him. Wrestling was still popular enough to merit it, drawing upwards of 8 million people on a regular basis.

Raw's special episode drew 6, and that was with the promise of Steve Austin, Bret Hart (The cable guides were advertising him) and other guys from the Attitude Era they hadn't seen in a while. that's pretty good for current Raw, but it's bad for the Rock.

I could see some potential for the Rock returning simply because of the USA deal, but they're small potatos, so it's a longshot Raw notwithstanding.

Chavo Classic
12-21-2007, 09:56 AM
The Rock used to promote his movies because there was some benefit to him. Wrestling was still popular enough to merit it, drawing upwards of 8 million people on a regular basis.

Raw's special episode drew 6, and that was with the promise of Steve Austin, Bret Hart (The cable guides were advertising him) and other guys from the Attitude Era they hadn't seen in a while. that's pretty good for current Raw, but it's bad for the Rock.

I could see some potential for the Rock returning simply because of the USA deal, but they're small potatos, so it's a longshot Raw notwithstanding.

Exactly. Most wrestling fans are going to see his movie regardless. Why does he need to show up to promote it to an audience who have already booked their tickets?

The Naitch
12-22-2007, 03:47 PM
The Rock is too cool for WWE

The Naitch
12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
anyways, didn't he already do a promo right before WM last year promoting the Trump/McMahon match?

I know it was short but still

The MAC
12-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, maybe he wants to increase his value by not being too acessible and visible. I mean if you want to see the rock you now have to go to the cinema (or dvd bargain bin :) ).

The Naitch
12-22-2007, 04:21 PM
The MAC is right

Tommy Gunn
12-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Dwayne doesn't owe us anything, he's got a much better career now.