PDA

View Full Version : So now Joe is fat and greedy?

BigDaddyCool
12-21-2007, 07:53 PM
So last night on Impact we saw Samoa Joe crash a christmas party at Eric Young's house (from what I understand). He goes over to Matt Morgan and starts to bitch at him that TNA can afford to throw Christmas parties, but not give him a raise? Joe then proceeds to trash everything and eat 50 McDonalds cheeseburgers. Now I'm no payroll accountant...wait yes I am, so I guess I might now what I'm talking about here. But anyhow, that party looks like it cost 500 bucks tops. If all Joe wants is an extra 500 a year, why doesn't he just work at McDonalds once a month. Not only will he make the extra 500 he wants, but he'll save money as he can now eat his cheeseburges for free.

And seriously how greedy is Joe? Does he honestly believe that if TNA can either afford to give Joe a $500 raise or a christmas party they would choose to only keep him happy and give a big f-u to the rest of the workers?

Discuss.

The One
12-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Fuck Joe.

TOVO Fact: Christmas parties are some of the only holiday events that Tovo will attend.

Kane Knight
12-21-2007, 08:45 PM
What ToVo said.

Except for the Holiday parties bit. As is commonly known, I have no friends and hate humanity.

BigDaddyCool
12-21-2007, 08:48 PM
KK, as long as you promise not to be a weirdo, you can come to my christmas party.

Hanso Amore
12-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I would let him come to mine, but he would tell everyone why he is right and they are not, then make them feel retarded like only he can.

Your a much bigger man than I BDC

BigDaddyCool
12-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I would let him come to mine, but he would tell everyone why he is right and they are not, then make them feel retarded like only he can.

Your a much bigger man than I BDC

Well as soon as he starts being a jackass, kicking him out.

Mr. Nerfect
12-21-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm sure Samoa Joe was directly responsible for setting up the set that was used as the party, and has been in charge of the direction his character is going.

Joe is still a man TNA should be hanging their hat on.

FourFifty
12-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Fat, greedy, and you forgot boring.

Lock Jaw
12-22-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm sure Samoa Joe was directly responsible for setting up the set that was used as the party, and has been in charge of the direction his character is going.

Joe is still a man TNA should be hanging their hat on.

He's a coat-rack? :?:

Mr. Nerfect
12-22-2007, 05:01 AM
He's a coat-rack? :?:

Hat rack.

Chavo Classic
12-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Ha ha. That sounded like a great skit. Probably came off like shit on television though

BigDaddyCool
12-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Fat, greedy, and you forgot boring.

I didn't forget. Joe being boring goes without saying. So I didn't say it.

owenbrown
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Just wait until the 1/3 "leaked script" edition. :lol:

Lock Jaw
12-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Hat rack.

HATS CAN BE HUNG ON COAT-RACKS TOO! Its two in one, really. To have a separate rack just for hats is tomfoolery!

Slow
12-22-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd change part of the title to Fat, greedy and greasey. When's he giving birth to his cheesburger baby anyway?

St. Jimmy
12-23-2007, 05:45 PM
What's Samoan for Worked Shoot?

addy2hotty
12-23-2007, 07:32 PM
He goes over to Matt Morgan and starts to bitch at him that TNA can afford to throw Christmas parties, but not give him a raise? Joe then proceeds to trash everything and eat 50 McDonalds cheeseburgers.

That's quite possibly the funniest thing I've read on here all year.

Anyone got a link to this, I've gotta see yet can't be bothered to go and look. It is my birthday after all.

BigDaddyCool
12-23-2007, 08:45 PM
He didn't actaully eat the cheeseburgers on camera.

Kane Knight
12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
So now Joe is fat and greedy and lazy and worthless and boring?

6to1
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
What's Samoan for Worked Shoot?

they just say russo and every one knows it is a worked shoot

Mr. Nerfect
12-24-2007, 07:06 AM
HATS CAN BE HUNG ON COAT-RACKS TOO! Its two in one, really. To have a separate rack just for hats is tomfoolery!

This much is true, but Joe is classified on his birth certificate as a hat rack.

Also, I don't understand the Joe hate. The man is a good wrestler. Even if you think he's overrated, admit that much.

SuperSlim
12-24-2007, 08:55 PM
This much is true, but Joe is classified on his birth certificate as a hat rack.

Also, I don't understand the Joe hate. The man is a good wrestler. Even if you think he's overrated, admit that much.

There is no thinking to do about it... the fat tub of lard is overrated.

Does he have talent? Yes. That much cannot be denied, but he is not the wrestling god that you or other Samoa Joe cock suckers make him him out to be.

He's just some fat guy that can move around in the ring and kick people... big whoop.

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2007, 09:19 PM

Define what it means to be a good wrestler. If being overwieght and outshape is what it means to be a good wrestler, then yes, there is no denying that. If being able to make it looks like he hurts people in the ring, then yes, I suppose he is a good wrestler. If it means to be able to have a match I enjoy, then no, he sucks as a wrestler.

SuperSlim
12-24-2007, 09:29 PM
he's good cause he's so "big" yet he can move like a "skinnier" guy.

that's about the only argument his diehards have.

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2007, 09:36 PM
He isn't that big and he can move about as good as anyone else his size if not worse.

SuperSlim
12-24-2007, 09:38 PM
yeah... what is he? Like 260 pounds... he just looks like a skinnier version of E.Honda. That's about it.

But since he has that gut and man boobs, he's "brilliant" blah.

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Umaga is like 60+ pounds heavier than Joe and can move just as well, if not better than Joe.

SuperSlim
12-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Umaga can definitely move better than Joe. More agile, more everything.

Joe is just an average size wrestler with a out of shape build to him

Kane Knight
12-24-2007, 10:52 PM
yeah... what is he? Like 260 pounds... he just looks like a skinnier version of E.Honda. That's about it.

But since he has that gut and man boobs, he's "brilliant" blah.

This seems like a pretty weak argument from so-called smarks, don't it?

I mean, I'm not disputing that this argument is made, but you'd think that smarks of all people would understand that the "big guys are slow" bit is something that's done primarily for "show." I mean, he does more than I normally see big guys do, but more than they can do? That seems like a rather uninformed way of deciding quality.

I mean, after a year of Aiki Ju Jutsu, my buddy was already doing running airfalls. He's about 6' and 250 lbs. It's in Joe's Ballpark. It's also not that atypical, apparently. A lot of the sruff I've seen Joe do, barring top rope moves, is stuff that you need to get only your second stripe in my Dojo. I've seen big guys and old guys and fat guys do that shit.

Smart fans, who appreciate athleticism, should be less amazed by Joe than marks, right? He's a decent athlete, but I mean, who the fuck in wrestling isn't?

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2007, 11:08 PM
This seems like a pretty weak argument from so-called smarks, don't it?

I mean, I'm not disputing that this argument is made, but you'd think that smarks of all people would understand that the "big guys are slow" bit is something that's done primarily for "show." I mean, he does more than I normally see big guys do, but more than they can do? That seems like a rather uninformed way of deciding quality.

I mean, after a year of Aiki Ju Jutsu, my buddy was already doing running airfalls. He's about 6' and 250 lbs. It's in Joe's Ballpark. It's also not that atypical, apparently. A lot of the sruff I've seen Joe do, barring top rope moves, is stuff that you need to get only your second stripe in my Dojo. I've seen big guys and old guys and fat guys do that shit.

Smart fans, who appreciate athleticism, should be less amazed by Joe than marks, right? He's a decent athlete, but I mean, who the fuck in wrestling isn't?

So then you admit Joe is an amazing athelete then?[/smark]

Fox
12-24-2007, 11:15 PM

Khali smash?

Kane Knight
12-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Khali's a decent athlete. He played football with Goldberg and Adam Sandler.

Kane Knight
12-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Actually, I forgot about him. the only guy I could REALLY argue off the top of my head was Mark Henry, and the guy was still an Olympic competitor (Maybe not in wrestling, but). Shows how little I like Khali. I mean, there are a few guys who aren't all that, but...

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2007, 12:02 AM
There is no thinking to do about it... the fat tub of lard is overrated.

Does he have talent? Yes. That much cannot be denied, but he is not the wrestling god that you or other Samoa Joe cock suckers make him him out to be.

He's just some fat guy that can move around in the ring and kick people... big whoop.

The guy might be overrated, and for your information, I am not a Samoa Joe cock sucker, I haven't seen too much of the guy's work actually. What I have seen are a collection of some of his better matches, and I think it's asinine that people act as if the guy is nothing.

What I love about the guy, is the ambience he creates for himself. Yeah, it's a shit justification for things, but occasionally I like to use the reasoning that if so many people get excited for him, then he's worth getting excited for. I mean, even if he's not your cup of tea, can't you admit the guy at least has support for a reason, even if you don't agree with it.

Joe is not "out of shape." That's just something anti-smark smarks use against him because he isn't chiseled. Umaga himself, who the Joe haters seem to love to blow, does not exactly have Johnny Nitro abs himself. It's a trait a lot of Samoan guys have, it's nothing to hold against the guy, especially when it doesn't hinder the guy at the all. Even if you're of the belief that it isn't a part of the "everyman" quality that makes Joe likable, then you have to at least admit it doesn't get in the way of the guy's ability.

The reason I love Samoa Joe, is not because he's agile for a big guy (which he is). Yeah, a lot of big guys can do stuff, but there are few who do it with grace. I mean, I love Kane, but when he attempted a hurricanrana once, it looked awkward as hell. What I love most about Joe, is that he does the dominant thing well (which he does). I love the way he rolls his moves, and uses combos against his opponents, that could believably put them down. His powerbomb into a modified Boston crab then into an STF, for example. This is brilliant, in my opinion. I'm not saying that Samoa Joe is always brilliant, dicks, I'm saying that in my opinion, that particular series of moves is brilliant.

Joe implements great psychology into his matches, and he is more willing to incorporate a more acrobatic style into his matches. Yes, Eddie Fatu is a little bigger (I don't buy he is 60+ lbs bigger than Joe, though, I'm his weight is exaggerated a fair bit by the WWE), and moves comparably well to Joe, but Joe balances his power and quickness really well. Like it or not, smaller guys have been able to work with Joe, take his shit, and make it look fantastic. A lot of them would not be able to take it from Fatu. Joe just has the right ingredients in the right ratio.

What I really like, is that he's just able to work with so many guys, and manages to produce this great matches where he does fly around and it works, and he does kick them and it works, and he does show off a lot of technical skill and psychology and it works. In my opinion, Samoa Joe works, and you only really need to look at his ROH run and early TNA days to see that.

I realise I am not going to be able to change your minds, but come on, the anti-Joe argument is just as weak, if not weaker than the Joe as demi-god argument. "Joe is amazing, and entertains many people" "Joe is fat, and doesn't entertain me," "Joe is a big guy who can move," "I don't like Joe because people who like Joe say he's a big guy who can move. I bet this guy could move just as well, you just haven't seen it yet." Hello, there is evidence of all the traits that Joe fans blow him for.

I respect BDC for flat-out saying it was his opinion. These opinions should not be taken as more informed than the rest of the internet's, though. There a lot of people within the industry, and who write about the industry, that believe Samoa Joe is TNA's money ticket. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine (I am still unsure of why, or whether or not it is justified) that Samoa Joe seems to get a raw deal in that the anti-Joe arguments are exaggerated versions of "he's not that great." Isn't saying "I feel the guy is overrated" enough? Why does it have to be so black and white on the guy?

BigDaddyCool
12-26-2007, 10:03 AM
The guy might be overrated, and for your information, I am not a Samoa Joe cock sucker, I haven't seen too much of the guy's work actually. What I have seen are a collection of some of his better matches, and I think it's asinine that people act as if the guy is nothing.

What I love about the guy, is the ambience he creates for himself. Yeah, it's a shit justification for things, but occasionally I like to use the reasoning that if so many people get excited for him, then he's worth getting excited for. I mean, even if he's not your cup of tea, can't you admit the guy at least has support for a reason, even if you don't agree with it.

Joe is not "out of shape." That's just something anti-smark smarks use against him because he isn't chiseled. Umaga himself, who the Joe haters seem to love to blow, does not exactly have Johnny Nitro abs himself. It's a trait a lot of Samoan guys have, it's nothing to hold against the guy, especially when it doesn't hinder the guy at the all. Even if you're of the belief that it isn't a part of the "everyman" quality that makes Joe likable, then you have to at least admit it doesn't get in the way of the guy's ability.

The reason I love Samoa Joe, is not because he's agile for a big guy (which he is). Yeah, a lot of big guys can do stuff, but there are few who do it with grace. I mean, I love Kane, but when he attempted a hurricanrana once, it looked awkward as hell. What I love most about Joe, is that he does the dominant thing well (which he does). I love the way he rolls his moves, and uses combos against his opponents, that could believably put them down. His powerbomb into a modified Boston crab then into an STF, for example. This is brilliant, in my opinion. I'm not saying that Samoa Joe is always brilliant, dicks, I'm saying that in my opinion, that particular series of moves is brilliant.

Joe implements great psychology into his matches, and he is more willing to incorporate a more acrobatic style into his matches. Yes, Eddie Fatu is a little bigger (I don't buy he is 60+ lbs bigger than Joe, though, I'm his weight is exaggerated a fair bit by the WWE), and moves comparably well to Joe, but Joe balances his power and quickness really well. Like it or not, smaller guys have been able to work with Joe, take his shit, and make it look fantastic. A lot of them would not be able to take it from Fatu. Joe just has the right ingredients in the right ratio.

What I really like, is that he's just able to work with so many guys, and manages to produce this great matches where he does fly around and it works, and he does kick them and it works, and he does show off a lot of technical skill and psychology and it works. In my opinion, Samoa Joe works, and you only really need to look at his ROH run and early TNA days to see that.

I realise I am not going to be able to change your minds, but come on, the anti-Joe argument is just as weak, if not weaker than the Joe as demi-god argument. "Joe is amazing, and entertains many people" "Joe is fat, and doesn't entertain me," "Joe is a big guy who can move," "I don't like Joe because people who like Joe say he's a big guy who can move. I bet this guy could move just as well, you just haven't seen it yet." Hello, there is evidence of all the traits that Joe fans blow him for.

I respect BDC for flat-out saying it was his opinion. These opinions should not be taken as more informed than the rest of the internet's, though. There a lot of people within the industry, and who write about the industry, that believe Samoa Joe is TNA's money ticket. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine (I am still unsure of why, or whether or not it is justified) that Samoa Joe seems to get a raw deal in that the anti-Joe arguments are exaggerated versions of "he's not that great." Isn't saying "I feel the guy is overrated" enough? Why does it have to be so black and white on the guy?

1) Only Nitro has Nitro abs, it is an unfair comparison for anyone espesially Joe or Jewmaga.

2) Accoridng to wikipedia, Joe's billed at is 6'2" 290 lbs while Umaga is 6"4' 350 lbs. That is 60 pounds right there. Also, wikipedia claims Joe is really just 6' 290 lbs and doesn't mention Umaga. But just looking at the two compared to other guys, Joe looks small compared to the TNA gaints (Nash, Matt Morgan, and so on). Umaga still looks big compared to Kahli, and the other WWE gaints. But anyhow, the point is Umaga who is bigger than Joe, and is more fluid in his movement and is more agile than Joe.

3) I'll give you one thing, Joe is one of the few guys in TNA that gives a match an important feel. I wouldn't say a big match feel all the time, but at least makes it feel important (as long as it isn't a clusterfuck).

4) In TNA, his most recent work, which is what I'm rating him on, not how good he used to be, but how good he is now. Im the few singles matches I've seen he is nothing more than a squashing machine. If any wrestler is aloud to go out and squash his opponets, it is hard not to look good. I've never seen a recent Samoa Joe match that was entertaining. And by recent, I mean in the past year. And if you can only point to 2 matches out the entire year, don't bother because that isn't enough. Anyone can have 2 good matches.

5) You should have already respected me. :foc:

6) Happy boxing day.

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2007, 03:01 PM
1) Only Nitro has Nitro abs, it is an unfair comparison for anyone espesially Joe or Jewmaga.

2) Accoridng to wikipedia, Joe's billed at is 6'2" 290 lbs while Umaga is 6"4' 350 lbs. That is 60 pounds right there. Also, wikipedia claims Joe is really just 6' 290 lbs and doesn't mention Umaga. But just looking at the two compared to other guys, Joe looks small compared to the TNA gaints (Nash, Matt Morgan, and so on). Umaga still looks big compared to Kahli, and the other WWE gaints. But anyhow, the point is Umaga who is bigger than Joe, and is more fluid in his movement and is more agile than Joe.

3) I'll give you one thing, Joe is one of the few guys in TNA that gives a match an important feel. I wouldn't say a big match feel all the time, but at least makes it feel important (as long as it isn't a clusterfuck).

4) In TNA, his most recent work, which is what I'm rating him on, not how good he used to be, but how good he is now. Im the few singles matches I've seen he is nothing more than a squashing machine. If any wrestler is aloud to go out and squash his opponets, it is hard not to look good. I've never seen a recent Samoa Joe match that was entertaining. And by recent, I mean in the past year. And if you can only point to 2 matches out the entire year, don't bother because that isn't enough. Anyone can have 2 good matches.

5) You should have already respected me. :foc:

6) Happy boxing day.

1) I agree. Not all wrestlers can have Nitro abs, which is exactly my point.

2) I know their billed weights, I'm just fairly certain Umaga's is exaggerated. If it's not, forgive me for being wrong.

3) That's one of Joe's good qualities, yes. Taking it further, Samoa Joe basically put ROH on the map by establishing the ROH Title as a World Title (as recognised by many sources). A man that manages to get the fanfare to do that, good or not, deserves some credit for just tricking people into thinking he is that good.

4) I have not seen his work now, so I cannot comment. I can imagine it would be shit, though. Joe has been pretty demoralised by accounts, and he hasn't really been given too many matches which really call for greatness. Yeah, it's a bit of an excuse for him, but every wrestler has dry spells. His character is picking up again, so let's see if it leads to something more exciting.

5) I did have some respect for you, yes. It kind of "did a Samoa Joe," though, and went from being ROH level, to early TNA level, to current TNA level, and now it's back to early TNA level. Samoa Joe's abilitity is my metaphor for my enjoyment of you as a poster.

6) Happy Boxing Day to you, also. :y: