PDA

View Full Version : In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale..

Kris P Lettus
12-29-2007, 12:43 AM
A man named Farmer sets out to rescue his kidnapped wife and avenge the death of his son -- two acts committed by the Krugs, a race of animal-warriors who are controlled by the evil Gallian.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GvG6uTm5CYI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GvG6uTm5CYI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:drool:

Boondock Saint
12-29-2007, 01:58 AM
This looks terrible. I love Statham but wtf with him doing a Uwe Boll movie?

Kris P Lettus
12-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Why do you think it looks terrible??

I am a huge fantasy mark.. This look like a mixture of Braveheart and The 13th Warrior..

Boondock Saint
12-29-2007, 02:21 AM
It has Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta looking ridiculous, for one. The main character is a farmer named...Farmer? But mainly because Uwe Boll's movies are indeed terrible. Have you seen one? He compares himself to David Lynch and Sergio Leone. The guy is insane.

I love Statham and I'm sure I will check this out on DVD as I did Boll's previous masterpieces because of how unintentionally hilarious they are.

But hey, if it is actually good, I will admit it. I will say though that it looks like Boll's best film yet...though it's not saying much.

I love Braveheart, and 13th Warrior is ok, but the last movie I saw that was along those lines, Pathfinder, left a bad taste in my mouth.

To each their own. I highly enjoyed both Fantastic 4 films and Daredevil so what do I know.

Blitz
12-29-2007, 03:51 AM
It's fucking Uwe Boll man. It will suck rotting goat testicles.

Downunder
12-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Silly bloody title, they should have just stopped at In the Name of the King.

I don't know who Uew Boll is, so I'll probably d/l it.

Skippord
12-29-2007, 06:19 AM
I'll probably see it due to my man crush on Jason Statham

Jura
12-29-2007, 09:55 AM
How many man crushes do you have Skippord?

Kris P Lettus
12-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I just looked up Boll and haven't ever seen a single one of his movies..

Kane Knight
12-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Why do you think it looks terrible??

I am a huge fantasy mark.. This look like a mixture of Braveheart and The 13th Warrior..

:lol:

Anyway, I don't know fuck all about Dungeon Seige, but this looks like a decent action movie.

D Mac
12-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Well Jason Statham is the man so it should be cool.

Mr Regal
12-29-2007, 03:10 PM
It looks like fun.

However Uwe Boll has a knack for making fucking awful stinking shit out of whatever he touches so......in fact I am suprised someone threw the money at him too make this...seriously, how does he manage it?

Kane Knight
12-29-2007, 03:33 PM
It looks like fun.

However Uwe Boll has a knack for making fucking awful stinking shit out of whatever he touches so......in fact I am suprised someone threw the money at him too make this...seriously, how does he manage it?

Yeah, it's one of the miracles of the modern world.

Downunder
12-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I just looked up Boll and haven't ever seen a single one of his movies..

I did the same thing, with the same result.

but then I read the reviews/comments on In the Name of the King - ouch!

Shaggy
12-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I will probably see this mainly because I will see any film that has Jason Statham kicking everyones ass...

Also Ive heard that its a pretty decent film. Apparently Boll has gotten better with this film making it pretty good and then from what Ive heard Postal being pure awesomness.

But then again I am also that one and only person who purchased Bloodrayne on DVD

Skippord
12-29-2007, 11:39 PM
How many man crushes do you have Skippord?
At last count 14

Champion of Europa
12-30-2007, 12:06 AM
I really hope it's good, but I hate Uwe Boll movies.

His movies have been getting progressively better (with the exception of Bloodrayne 2), so I hope this one is actually passable on a real scale of film criticism.

Kane Knight
12-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I did the same thing, with the same result.

but then I read the reviews/comments on In the Name of the King - ouch!

Yeah, when the best thing people seem to be saying is "It's not really that bad." I'm trying not to let IMDB comments spoil me on the movie, but HOTCHIE MOMMA.

RBM
12-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Uwe Boll was getting away with murder due to some tax loophole from what I read about.

He also apparently reads about himself a lot on the internet and gets quite defensive when people attack how terrible his movies are. He challenged critics to a boxing match or something and beat them. He gains cool points there.

But yeah, his movies are terrible. I've only ever actually watched House of the Dead out of his movies, but the trailers to the rest of them make Jesus cry.

Dungeon Siege was a shitty knockoff of the Diablo hack n slash computer game. This movie will suck all kinds of hairy ass.

Kane Knight
12-30-2007, 01:47 PM
LOL. He gets points for boxing his critics?

RBM
12-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes. If people bad mouth you (even for legitimately sucking) and you actually set it up so that you can punch them in the face and follow through with it, then you are at least slightly cooler than you were before this ever occured. At least in my books.

Mr Regal
12-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Your books suck.

He came off like a retard doing that.

Not gonna be a respected film maker challenging people to boxing matches when they call you up on how piss poor you are at your job. Oh well.

Kane Knight
12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Yes. If people bad mouth you (even for legitimately sucking) and you actually set it up so that you can punch them in the face and follow through with it, then you are at least slightly cooler than you were before this ever occured. At least in my books.

If by cooler, you mean a putz, yes.

RBM
12-30-2007, 09:00 PM
I guess you just don't share the same sense of humor my buddy and I do. Just about every day someone climbs the top of our awesome list for various absurd reasons. Right now Snoop Dog is the man on his reality show because he spends a good majority of every episode eating chicken and waffles.

Chris Hansen is one of our personal heroes.

I don't really think Boll is aiming to be a respected film maker. If he was, he wouldn't have chosen to use video games as his basis for movies. He's doing what he enjoys so more power to him. The only real problem here is that Mystery Science Theater 3000 isn't around anymore to make fun of his shit bombs of movies.

Kane Knight
12-30-2007, 09:48 PM
If he's not looking to be a respected filmmaker, he probably shouldn't be making shitty movies and then spazzing and calling people out when people tear into them.

I mean, there are a lot of bad movie makers who give Ed Wood a run for his money, and most of them take it in stride. One of the things that makes Boll a putz is that he seems to be very much not in that camp.

Shaggy
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Just got back from seeing this after work...

Thank God I had a free ticket because this movie is possibly the biggest piece of crap I have seen in a long time.

I happen to have a knack for loving bad movies but this movie was beyond bad. All the acting was horrible and the action was laughable. Im assuming no body read the script before taking part in it because the story is just shitty.

Jura
01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
If it's as bad as you say it is and his other movies are also horrible, how the hell does this guy always get big name actors and actresses? Ben Kingsley for Bloodrayne and there's a whole bunch of other big names in this movie. It must be an inside joke in Hollywood or something.

YOUR Hero
01-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I agree with RBM's stance on the whole boxing bit.

Now had these critics declined and he continued to berate them and they turned a deaf ear, then yes he'd have looked like the putz some of you claim. He was however able to get them in a boxing match and he beat them. That's pretty awesome.

Kane Knight
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
If it's as bad as you say it is and his other movies are also horrible, how the hell does this guy always get big name actors and actresses? Ben Kingsley for Bloodrayne and there's a whole bunch of other big names in this movie. It must be an inside joke in Hollywood or something.

Among other things, people are stupid. They buy the tickets, bitch, and then buy the tickets for the next one. Kinda like Star Wars. I saw Episode 1 and thought it was a pile of shit, like all my friends. But when I didn't want to see Episode 2, they all bitched I was being narrow minded. So they all paid, and then they all bitched. Gee...You seem surprised, guys!

D Mac
01-12-2008, 04:06 AM
Those guys are faggots then. Episode 2 was awesome.

Shaggy
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
When a movie comes out that sucks ass I usually just pay for something else...

I remember when Live Free or Die Hard was out...there was also something else I wanted to see that I knew was gonna suck horribly so I got a ticket for Die Hard and walked into the other film. Then again ive also snuck into it.

Thanksfully my ticket to this film was free so I had no loss of money for this.

Jura
03-10-2008, 04:55 AM
lol

"In the DVD commentary of Alone in the Dark, Boll explains how he funds his films:

"Maybe you know it but it's not so easy to finance movies in total. And the reason I am able to do these kind of movies is I have a tax shelter fund in Germany, and if you invest in a movie in Germany you get basically fifty percent back from the Government."

Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff.

While Boll has received a lot of negative publicity regarding this funding method,[6] he was actually one of the few directors to use the tax shelter as intended. His films were financed, produced, and directed by a German company, which was the initial intention behind the tax shelter: to provide incentive for investment in German entertainment properties. Regardless of the law's intention, most of these German film funds ended up funneling money to American studios to finance American blockbusters. The law merely required that the movie's copyright be owned by a German company; thus studios would "sell" a movie's rights to a German company, then immediately lease the movie back for a small fee, while the German owners would agree to very limited control. Essentially, the German company would own the movie on paper, but have no say over its production. Because of this, in January 2006, as had been expected for several months, the German legislature changed the country's tax laws to eliminate the tax shelter. It is not known if this will have any effect on Boll's funding as the new laws only seek to punish investors who are abusing the law for tax purposes; Boll's activities appear to be well within the legitimate usage of the tax shelter."

Kris P Lettus
03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Tax cuts for filming is what has kept me working the past 5 years..

D Mac
04-08-2008, 01:03 AM
This movie wasn't that bad. Lots of action.

Destor
04-08-2008, 01:12 AM
After WAR my "man crush" on Jason Stathom is over.

D Mac
04-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Well they say The Bank Job is pretty good so don't give up on him yet.

Destor
04-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Its been a long time coming to be fair. Nothing can compair to Lock Stock and Snatch. Everything is just a gradual step down. And tbh, I dont buy him as an action hero.

D Mac
04-08-2008, 01:24 AM
What. What about Transporter? Come on.

Destor
04-08-2008, 01:26 AM
It was ok for a mindless popcorn flick. But thats not the way I fell in love with Mr.Stathem.

Requiem
04-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I love him in Lock Stock and Snatch.

Transporter was good, but those first two are the way I picture Statham.

D Mac
04-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Haven't seen Revolver.