PDA

View Full Version : TNA and hiring Wrestler's Wives

Mr. JL
12-31-2007, 01:40 AM
Like what the fuck? Does a company in the red really need to hire on their performers wives? I mean, Karen Angle and Sharmell? WTF do they add to? Anything???

CSL
12-31-2007, 01:42 AM
Karen Angle has been great, not to mention smoking hot. Sharmell has been a useful part of Booker's gimmick for a while. Not sure if she's needed atm though.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 02:05 AM
Sharmell was great as Queen Sharmell, but as a babyface character, I really think she subtracts from Booker T, rather than add to him.

Karen Angle has been great, and she has been hot, but she's been getting way too much TV time. But to be fair, Kurt Angle has been getting too much TV, anyway.

CSL
12-31-2007, 02:10 AM
WAY TO JUST GO AND RIP OFF WHAT I SAID ALIENOID

Clearly now it's there for all to see who's material he has been using to secure this imminent 'Best Wrestling Poster' spammy.

On behalf of myself, I shall accept your thank you.

thedamndest
12-31-2007, 02:12 AM
I dunno if hiring a wife in general works out. Macho Man and Elizabeth, yay. Undertaker and Sara, nay. Who else was there?

El Fangel
12-31-2007, 02:17 AM
WAY TO JUST GO AND RIP OFF WHAT I WAS ABOUT TO SAY ALIENOID

The One
12-31-2007, 02:18 AM
Eh, uh, they brought Debra BACK onto TV for Austin...before Mania, during the Alliance, probably some other time...and did anyone ever care once?

Wives + Wrestlers = Shit. Makes the man look like a pussy bitch and kills the sexual fantasy of the woman knowing her huge ass husband is standing 2 feet from her at all times.

TOVO Fact: It's not unusual for Tovo to shower and change clothes several times in a single day.

thedamndest
12-31-2007, 02:19 AM
Maybe the Bodydonnas. I don't know if they were married then though.

The One
12-31-2007, 02:26 AM
But Sunny wasn't married to Skip in the storyline. And truth be told, I can't remember if they ever got married in real life either or they just dated forever...

And if I recall it was only after Steph and Hunter ACTUALLY got married that their character's broke up. The whole point of wrestling is to be living in a fantasy, and the whole married couple thing just isn't an exciting fantasy to have. I think it's always a bad move to pair a married couple up on screne; be it wrestling, movie, music or whatever.

TOVO Fact: Tovo always hangs his towel up and never leaves it on the floor.

thedamndest
12-31-2007, 02:30 AM
That's called "The Gigli Effect."

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 04:40 AM
WAY TO JUST GO AND RIP OFF WHAT I SAID ALIENOID

Clearly now it's there for all to see who's material he has been using to secure this imminent 'Best Wrestling Poster' spammy.

On behalf of myself, I shall accept your thank you.

I was actually saying it to agree with what you said, but I guess that didn't come through. If you want, I shall give you the thumbs up for being correct? :y:

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 04:42 AM
I really don't mind Kurt and Karen together, to be honest. I think that works, to an extent. It's bad when the show is based around them, but I really think it works to a certain level.

And as I said, King Booker with Sharmell was OK.

Jura
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9158/ka8te1.jpg

http://www.thewrestlingfan.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kurtanal.jpg

lol

Rob
12-31-2007, 10:12 AM
They have a lot more bigger faults in the company before worrying about Karen Angle and Sharmell.

Xero
12-31-2007, 10:27 AM
If they bring in the real wives they "make you think" it's real.

Fox
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Karen is hot. She can stay.

Sharmell needs to go though. Her presence really hurts Booker. Shaft didn't walk around with his women when he kicked ass and neither should Booker T.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 11:16 AM

Sharmell needs to go though. Her presence really hurts Booker. Shaft didn't walk around with his women when he kicked ass and neither should Booker T.

:love:

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
TNA loves having extra people to clusterfuck up matches. Wives do this exellently.

Fox
12-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Also, DDP and Kimberly were acknowledged as an on-screen couple for quite awhile.

Theo Dious
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
TNA loves having extra people to clusterfuck up matches. Wives do this exellently.

Plus, they don't even have to pretend to worry about finding match time for them.

Indifferent Clox
01-17-2008, 04:31 AM
But Sunny wasn't married to Skip in the storyline. And truth be told, I can't remember if they ever got married in real life either or they just dated forever...

And if I recall it was only after Steph and Hunter ACTUALLY got married that their character's broke up. The whole point of wrestling is to be living in a fantasy, and the whole married couple thing just isn't an exciting fantasy to have. I think it's always a bad move to pair a married couple up on screne; be it wrestling, movie, music or whatever.

TOVO Fact: Tovo always hangs his towel up and never leaves it on the floor.

And he never posted again.:'(

Mr. JL
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
... at least his last post was in my thread.

TerranRich
01-18-2008, 02:02 PM
See, keeping Steph and HHH away from each other in kayfabe makes it all the more entertaining when they're on-screen together on those rare occasions. You can feel the kayfabe/reality collision and resulting tension. It's pretty funny actually.

Basically, if you can't use the wives in a capacity separate from the husband, then they're useless. Have them "divorce" onscreen, like Steph/HHH and repackage Sharmell.

Stickman
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Sharmell is the worst wrestling wife ever to have an onscreen role.

Karen Angle can stay cuz I love big tits.

Kane Knight
01-19-2008, 10:01 AM
See, keeping Steph and HHH away from each other in kayfabe makes it all the more entertaining when they're on-screen together on those rare occasions. You can feel the kayfabe/reality collision and resulting tension. It's pretty funny actually.

Or it was, until they beat the joke to death by having Hunter talk about it.

DarKCentaur
01-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Goldust and Terri wasn't too bad. Then again, pretty much anything with Goldust was entertaining in those days

Destor
01-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Karen Angle is a natural and should be employed with or without Angle.