PDA

View Full Version : Most under rated matches of 2007

Benny Lava
12-31-2007, 03:25 AM
1. Edge vs Orton-RAW.

2. Taker vs Batista-WM.

3. Team Extreme vs World's Greatest Tag Team-ONS.

4. ECW Originals vs New Breed-ECW

5. Punk vs Morrison- Summer Slam.

Mr. Pierre
12-31-2007, 03:36 AM
I'd definitely agree with that list, especially Punk vs. Morrison at Summerslam. It was just poor card placement, since the match was placed in between the return of Austin and Triple H. Also, I'd agree with Orton vs. Edge.

But, why would you think Taker/Batista was underrated since it was voted MOTY? Because it should have been considered more of a "classic" rather than a great match? Just curious.

I think Backlash's main event of Cena vs. HBK vs. Edge vs. Orton is very underrated. I thought that match had a chance to win Match of the Year, but it wasn't even considered. The build was also perfect, since each guy had heat with one another. It was just a great match.

Narcissus
12-31-2007, 04:03 AM
All of UT/Batista matches this year have been absolutely godly. Quite an unbelievable fued they had.

Noid
12-31-2007, 05:41 AM
I knew heading into WrestleMania that Batista and The Undertaker would have a great match. Batista has always stated that his dream match is to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania. It shows what he can do when he's motivated. A shame that he's not interested in working with a lot of other guys.

The Originals vs. New Breed match from that edition of ECW, where Elijah Burke put Sabu through a table with the Express? That is what should have taken place at WrestleMania.

Fox
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
All of UT/Batista matches this year have been absolutely godly. Quite an unbelievable fued they had.

"Godly"?

I respect your opinion, but saying anything with Batista involved was "godly" is a bit of a stretch.

Shisen Kopf
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
anything with Khali or Hornswoggle.

Londoner
12-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Um how is the wm batista/taker match udnerrated when the fans voted it as the best match of the year?(according to the best of programmes on sky..)

Theo Dious
12-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Batista has always stated that his dream match is to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

I have to wonder about a guy for whom accomplishing his dream almost intrinsically involves losing.

Narcissus
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
"Godly"?

I respect your opinion, but saying anything with Batista involved was "godly" is a bit of a stretch.

Naw, you're just stuck on tha fact that you want to believe Batista is a terrible wrestler because the rest of the IWC thinks so. His fued with the Undertaker this past year has been one of the best Smackdown fueds in years. Very good matches, very good developement. So, yes. They were very godly matches.

DarKCentaur
12-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Most underrated? The Punjabi Prison with Batista vs Khali. That match had "SUCK" written all over it, yet it was surprisingly decent.

Noid
12-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh, Mr. Kennedy's matches with Batista also deserve mention. Mr. Kennedy carried Batista to two solid matches, I believe, at the Royal Rumble and No Way Out respectively.

In the lead-up to WrestleMania, Batista also had a solid affair with Kane. Nothing too noteworthy, just a solid match between two guys you would expect to have a stinker (no matter how big a fan you are of either guy).

Theo Dious
01-01-2008, 05:39 PM
In the lead-up to WrestleMania, Batista also had a solid affair with Kane.

Please think before you speak, that imagery made my eyes bleed.

Dorkchop
01-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Christian vs Kaz on Impact in October or November.

I wouldn't call it underrated... more overlooked. I don't think many people saw it anyway. They also had a ladder match on a PPV that was actually great too.

Fox
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Naw, you're just stuck on tha fact that you want to believe Batista is a terrible wrestler because the rest of the IWC thinks so. His fued with the Undertaker this past year has been one of the best Smackdown fueds in years. Very good matches, very good developement. So, yes. They were very godly matches.

No, I'm not buying into anything. This is my own opinion that Batista is shit. He's a hoss - bottom line; he has no extra skills of any kind and the only reason he's where he is today is because of Triple H and because there's very little for him to compete with. He has no mic skills, very little real charisma, and he's very limited inside the ring. Has he had a couple above average matches? Yes he has, but I attribute the success of those matches to his opponents far more than I do to Batista.

"Godly" is a pretty high term to use for a match. Bret/Shawn Iron Man was godly. Goldberg/Hogan Nitro was godly for how huge it was. Angle/Benoit Rumble was godly. You get my meaning. Nothing that Batista has done in his entire career should be associated with the greatness of these moments and matches.

S'all I'm sayin'.

Benny Lava
01-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Batista vs Taker at Mania was over looked by the WWE title match. After the event everyone was talking about Cena vs HBK. IMO it was obvious that Super Cena was going to win. The match wasn't your 5 star HBK match BTW. In the end HBK didn't give Cena a deserving handshake...it was formality. Batista put on a hell of a match against Taker and it was a better match IMO.

Noid
01-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Batista vs Taker at Mania was over looked by the WWE title match. After the event everyone was talking about Cena vs HBK. IMO it was obvious that Super Cena was going to win. The match wasn't your 5 star HBK match BTW. In the end HBK didn't give Cena a deserving handshake...it was formality. Batista put on a hell of a match against Taker and it was a better match IMO.

Even I would have marked so hard if instead of shaking John Cena's hand, HBK gave the robotic gorilla the Sweet Chin Music. That way, John Cena would get the win that really needed to go him (it was the right call not having Cena beaten at WrestleMania by Michaels), but it would have given the fans an exciting ending, rather than something bland.

Also, the Cena vs. HBK matches are tremendously overrated. Neither match was horrible, but WrestleMania was far from a classic, and their RAW match was great in the way that any good match becomes great if it goes Broadway.

Nothing special about the macthes, in my opinion. But then again, there is nothing special about John Cena, no matter how hard you try to remind yourself that he is a good worker despite the horrible WWE style that sometimes gets in his way.

Noid
01-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Christian vs Kaz on Impact in October or November.

I wouldn't call it underrated... more overlooked. I don't think many people saw it anyway. They also had a ladder match on a PPV that was actually great too.

That Ladder Match itself is underrated. Mainly because people aren't bothered to go sifting through TNA's shit to find the occasional gem. The match contained a sick Frog Splash from Christian, and some fairly innovative spots. Plus the ending was something I don't remember from a ladder match. I definitely recommend people check it out on YouTube.

Noid
01-02-2008, 06:48 AM
No, I'm not buying into anything. This is my own opinion that Batista is shit. He's a hoss - bottom line; he has no extra skills of any kind and the only reason he's where he is today is because of Triple H and because there's very little for him to compete with. He has no mic skills, very little real charisma, and he's very limited inside the ring. Has he had a couple above average matches? Yes he has, but I attribute the success of those matches to his opponents far more than I do to Batista.

"Godly" is a pretty high term to use for a match. Bret/Shawn Iron Man was godly. Goldberg/Hogan Nitro was godly for how huge it was. Angle/Benoit Rumble was godly. You get my meaning. Nothing that Batista has done in his entire career should be associated with the greatness of these moments and matches.

S'all I'm sayin'.

I agree, although not to the extreme where I'd say that Batista is shit. Nothing about Batista has ever been godly, although I will admit that I marked out like a little bitch when he gave Triple H and Ric Flair the thumbs down. The man is great as a wise heel that just fights bad guys. His promos are not too bad when they are short and to the point. The man should not have Triple H promo time, though.

Also, his selective desire to have good matches worries me more than it gives me faith in him. Batista was helped out a lot by Finlay and Triple H, so he kicks it up a notch when he is in there with them. The Undertaker is his dream opponent, so of course he turns it on. He also tried to prove himself against Kane heading into WrestleMania, and got a good match out of it. To be honest, I think the man works well with guys he wants to work with.

Rammsteinmad
01-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Edge VS Orton VS Michaels VS Cena at Backlash.

That was an amazing match and the finish was really well done.

Though the reason it'll never be mentioned is because it happened at a Backlash event.

Fox
01-02-2008, 10:36 AM
James Storm vs. Chris Harris - Texas Death Match - Sacrifice 07

Incredible match that nobody ever mentions.