PDA

View Full Version : Savage DVD?

Doomsday Jezus
12-31-2007, 09:47 AM
You think they'll bury Savage on the dvd theyre releasing similar to the way they did with Warrior and almost with Hart or give him a respectful showing?

Kane Knight
12-31-2007, 09:52 AM
With a name like "Macho Madness," I expect then to treat him with the utmost respect.

Xero
12-31-2007, 10:28 AM
You think they'll bury Savage on the dvd

Yes.

Noid
12-31-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't know. I mean, couldn't "Macho Madness" just be the Randy Savage equivalent to "Hulkamania?"

I'm not saying it won't bury Savage, but I don't think it's an absolute given. There are some people from that era who would pay good money to see Randy Savage at a WrestleMania one last time, even if he's just out there as a member of the Class of 2008. RAW XV, WWE 24/7 and their other DVD sales have probably taught the WWE one thing: nostalgia beats any of their current crap. If they lure Sting away from TNA with a big cheque (I can't see them doing a DVD on him without at least trying), and induct him, Ric Flair and Randy Savage into the Hall of Fame, it would be pretty fucking big.

Throw in Owen Hart, The Rock and Gordon Solie, and you might even have a Hall of Fame ceremony that I would watch (I am yet to watch one).

The WWE is all about the monaaaaaaaaaaaay. It wouldn't shock me either way the WWE goes.

Narcissus
12-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Randy Savage is viewed more as a joke than anything else now in modern times but at one time he and Ric Flair were the very best in the business. Savage was a perfectionist. One of my favorites of all time.

Theo Dious
12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
I think that life in the shadow of Hulk Hogan may have driven Savage crazy. He was a better wrestler than Hogan and somehow managed to look cooler than him in neon-colored cowboy hats, ridiculous sunglasses, and freaking STREAMERS. Hell, he was bad-ass even though his face character was usually being pussified by Elizabeth.

Anyways, the DVD will probably bury him, but at least it will be funny.

Kane Knight
12-31-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't know. I mean, couldn't "Macho Madness" just be the Randy Savage equivalent to "Hulkamania?"

Could be, but it seems unlikely.

Shadow
12-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Depends if they can get Randy to actually work on the DVD with them. That's the one reason why Warrior got so buried. The crazy bastard wouldn't work with them. Don't know if Savage is on the level in regards to bitterness towards the WWE or what but if he is....yeah, he'll get buried.

Kane Knight
12-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Depends if they can get Randy to actually work on the DVD with them. That's the one reason why Warrior got so buried. The crazy bastard wouldn't work with them. Don't know if Savage is on the level in regards to bitterness towards the WWE or what but if he is....yeah, he'll get buried.

That's the thing. There seems to be some massive hatred between Vince and Savage. Can't see it going well for that reason alone.

Shaggy
12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Im willing to go that the first part of the DVD will be about his rise and greatness in the WWE and WCW and then it will be followed with interviews on people that hated him and have nothing but bad things to say.

It will make you think its a positive thing but then turn negative.

Shadow
12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Going well for Savage means hilarity for wrestling fans who take pleasure in the mental decline of certain wrestlers.

I don't have the numbers but does anyone know how well the Warrior DVD did? That could actually be a pretty good indication of how well this laughfest will go.

Gerard
01-01-2008, 12:13 AM

It was his equivilant, even had it on his wrestling gear. Wonder if vince will address the steph\macho man "diggin it" rumour. :shifty:

Sure this is a new dvd though? There was a tape called macho madness back in the early 90's, this could just be a re-release of that to dvd like the undertaker "tombstone" tape was.

http://www.nytimes.com//images/section/movies/amg/video/cov120/drv200/v207/v20767lftsi.jpg

Noid
01-01-2008, 02:47 AM
It was his equivilant, even had it on his wrestling gear. Wonder if vince will address the steph\macho man "diggin it" rumour. :shifty:

Sure this is a new dvd though? There was a tape called macho madness back in the early 90's, this could just be a re-release of that to dvd like the undertaker "tombstone" tape was.

http://www.nytimes.com//images/section/movies/amg/video/cov120/drv200/v207/v20767lftsi.jpg

I honestly don't have a clue. It probably is just a re-release. Seems like something the WWE would do. I never really watched Savage so I didn't know, but I'm not sure that this won't be a positive DVD. There is tension between Vince and Savage, but there is still money in Savage.

Doomsday Jezus
01-01-2008, 08:40 AM
What does savage look like now adays anyway? Last i seem he was all grey kinda like a roided santa.

I'd like to see him back to some extent for a while. Maybe not an in ring push but in some kinda legend deal or enforcer role or something.

Maybe even just have him introduce a new guy or something.

....he could take on Cena in a battle rap angle.... :shifty:

mrslackalack
01-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Great news. All sites that u can preorder the DVD on has the Savage DVD listed as a 3 Disc set!!!

Gerard
01-01-2008, 11:46 AM
What does savage look like now adays anyway? Last i seem he was all grey kinda like a roided santa.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2736230.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED9813ECF233CD6ECB5A5397277B4DC33E

Theo Dious
01-01-2008, 12:18 PM
He really needs to lose the leather.

Theo Dious
01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Is there any kind of match list for this set?

mrslackalack
01-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Nope. Since it comes out in Nov we prolly wont hear what will be on it until about Sept. The Austin 3 Disc Set comes out Feb 12 and the info on that hasnt been released yet but should be about anytime.

DarKCentaur
01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I think it would be great if WWE got TNA's permission to turn the Savage DVD into a retrospective look at the career of Jay Lethal.

Theo Dious
01-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I think it would be great if WWE got TNA's permission to turn the Savage DVD into a retrospective look at the career of Jay Lethal.

:wtf:

Kane Knight
01-01-2008, 03:35 PM

You know, Mack Machismo?

Because he dresses like Savage?

Because it would probably be more interesting?

Oh, screw it, I'm with you. :wtf:

DarKCentaur
01-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Tough crowd.