PDA

View Full Version : Matt Morgan

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Is one of the best things TNA has going for itself. He is awesome in his role as Cornette's assistant. They kept hims out of matches (I'm not sure if they did this on purpose or it is just a bumbling triumph of theirs) which keeps him looking strong by not being jobbed out to the regulars. He never backs down from anyone when they get in Cornies face. Plus mother fucker is hilarous. One of the few reason I like watch TNA.

GD
12-31-2007, 12:17 PM
I used to like Morgan's version of the spinning powerbomb.

Theo Dious
12-31-2007, 12:49 PM
In the brief stretch that I saw the other day, the segment where Cornette was yelling at the Dudleys and then told Morgan to "go walk around for a half an hour so that I don't say something we'll both regret" was pretty damn funny. And I fucking hate Cornette.

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2007, 01:28 PM
In the brief stretch that I saw the other day, the segment where Cornette was yelling at the Dudleys and then told Morgan to "go walk around for a half an hour so that I don't say something we'll both regret" was pretty damn funny. And I fucking hate Cornette.

Cornette comes across as an inept boss who thinks stomping and yelling gets things done, and is irrational.

Mercury Bullet
12-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Morgan is mildly entertaining, which does put him in the upper tier of performers in TNA.

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2007, 01:38 PM

Also, It bothers me how the constantly refer to upper management like TNA is some sort of huge corporation with mutliple layers of managers and some sort of hierarchy when it is just a bunch of morons barely able string cluster fucks together.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Matt Morgan is indeed pretty fucking awesome. For a guy his size, he's a good worker, and he's actually really good on the mic, too. He's one of the guys Cornette predicted will help mold the modern wrestling landscape. John Cena, Batista and Randy Orton were also in the list, so for better or worse, Cornette is going pretty good with his predictions.

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Why isn't Matt Morgan in the ring then.

Dorkchop
12-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Matt Morgan hasn't really entertained me yet. In fact, I find him pretty bland. I just want to see him in the ring. I don't know if he's good or not.

Verbose Minch
01-01-2008, 01:43 AM
Also, It bothers me how the constantly refer to upper management like TNA is some sort of huge corporation with mutliple layers of managers and some sort of hierarchy when it is just a bunch of morons barely able string cluster fucks together.

I lol'd so fucking hard.

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Why isn't Matt Morgan in the ring then.

Because TNA are stupid? Or, as you said, maybe they are doing something right with him. Why would he be under contract and featured on television every week if TNA didn't have some faith in the guy?

.44 Magdalene
01-01-2008, 08:43 AM
:( My name is Matt Morgan in real life, btw.

.44 Magdalene
01-01-2008, 08:43 AM
:( ...And I'm an aspiring wrestler.

...So life has mildly shafted me in this regard.

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2008, 09:37 AM
:( My name is Matt Morgan in real life, btw.

Good name. :y:

You'll come up with some way to distinguish yourself.

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Matt Morgan currently has the best Chokeslam in the business.

BigDaddyCool
01-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Because TNA are stupid? Or, as you said, maybe they are doing something right with him. Why would he be under contract and featured on television every week if TNA didn't have some faith in the guy?

Wrong, because TNA is stupid. Well I was saying that by keeping him out of the ring, he isn't jobbing in clusterfucks. But still if he is half as good as you say he is, I would like to see it.

Theo Dious
01-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Cornette comes across as an inept boss who thinks stomping and yelling gets things done, and is irrational.

WCW had the same problem. It's hard to take a company seriously when they pretend they have some kind of structure and it's really just a bunch of assholes with a checkbook.

.44 Magdalene
01-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Good name. :y:

You'll come up with some way to distinguish yourself.

Furthermore, my biological father's real name is Billy Dunn. I'm not even joking.

St. Jimmy
01-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Matt Morigan is getting paid good money not to have to wrestle. He's a fucking GENIUS.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Wrong, because TNA is stupid. Well I was saying that by keeping him out of the ring, he isn't jobbing in clusterfucks. But still if he is half as good as you say he is, I would like to see it.

Sorry, I don't really focus TNA long enough to give properly constructed sentence.

I've been trying to find some of his stuff on YouTube and DailyMotion, but they don't have his best stuff. There are some moments where he gets to destroy jobbers three at a time and the like, but nothing that I feel would really impress you. Although, you are a fan of Kevin Nash, and Morgan's another big guy.

Between his Chokeslam (he has a variant where he falls into the move, and he looks like he kills them with it), his F-5, and Mount Morgan Drop, he's got some of the best finishers in the business today. That's not even counting his Sit-Down Powerbomb.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Matt Morigan is getting paid good money not to have to wrestle. He's a fucking GENIUS.

I would not be opposed to seeing that become Matt Morgan's character. A big guy that can kill you if he wants, and isn't afraid to, but still chooses to think, and join with the bosses and watch from the sidelines when he can.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Furthermore, my biological father's real name is Billy Dunn. I'm not even joking.

That is awesome, man. :y:

If it comes down to it, you could become a pretentious heel who points out all these bizarre connections to the crowd.

Dave Youell
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
I asume this will end with a Joe/Morgan match, wiht joe being pissed off with his contract or something