PDA

View Full Version : How hard would you mark...

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 03:10 PM
If during the Royal Rumble, the numbers are ticking down, and then the buzzer goes off, and the lights go out. Then something descends from the rafters. Sting is in a WWE ring with a baseball bat, and he goes to town on everyone in the match and tosses them.

It's just a vision that came to me while I was considering how they'd bring Sting in to the WWE if they managed to lure him away from TNA with promises of a proper DVD treatment and Hall of Fame induction. And lots of lots of money.

Inadequacy
12-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Frankly, I would mark harder if he slipped when he was almost at the ring, fell off his rope thing, and eliminated himself by accident.

That would be awesome.

Inadequacy
12-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Or like if the machine that made him descend screwed up and he got stuck ten feet above the ring

Nark Order
12-31-2007, 03:20 PM
He just falls to his death in the middle of the ring, everyone looks at him for a second, then continue to fight.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 03:20 PM
That'd be pretty cool. I'm actually not a Sting fan (nothing against the guy, just never really watched WCW), but I just think it would be a great way to debut the man.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
He just falls to his death in the middle of the ring, everyone looks at him for a second, then continue to fight.

Brian Kendrick would walk over to Sting's corpse, and would take his trench coat.

Ah, who am I kidding? Brian Kendrick would never be in a Royal Rumble.

DS
12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Probably much less than I should. I love Sting but I would hate to see him in the WWE. That's why I never really enjoyed Jericho's first debut because I was pissed that he wasn't in WCW anymore. Would rather him stay in TNA.

Londoner
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Not one bit tbh. he doesn't excite me at all. I thought you were gonna say 'if the rocks music hit'. Or something.

Corkscrewed
12-31-2007, 03:37 PM
heh... considering Owen Hart, are we ok with that comment? :p

Theo Dious
12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Not very, I've never given much of a damn about Sting when he wasn't beating the shit out of Hogan. So basically, unless Hogan is entered in the Rumble, then no.

El Fangel
12-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Id be like :wtf: WWE is luring away TNA's Has-beens? Twilight Zone much.

Inadequacy
12-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Me too! But more Outer Limits than Twilight Zone

Jura
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
I would mark out even if he came out with a chair and a twinkie and sat down at ringside then once he got done with said twinkie, fold up the chair and go backstage and nothing else.

El Fangel
12-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Or like if the machine that made him descend screwed up and he got stuck ten feet above the ring
like hanging upside down, no one remembers he is there, Jeff Hardy eliminates HHH wins the rumble and starts jumping around, and jumps out of the ring, and runs up to the titantron and looks back and then all of a sudden says "FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK"

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2007, 04:15 PM
No one bit. I don't like sting.

SuperSlim
12-31-2007, 04:39 PM
like hanging upside down, no one remembers he is there, Jeff Hardy eliminates HHH wins the rumble and starts jumping around, and jumps out of the ring, and runs up to the titantron and looks back and then all of a sudden says "FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK"

Now that would actually be funny to see

El Fangel
12-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Now that would actually be funny to see

Or someone grabs his bat, turns in circles with a blindfold on and attempted to smash him open for some candy.

SuperSlim
12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
ehhh that might be a little messy.

El Fangel
12-31-2007, 04:46 PM
ehhh that might be a little messy.

Not a problem, they manage to get all the shit off Cenas face after he pulls his head out of Vinces ass.

Xero
12-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Or someone grabs his bat, turns in circles with a blindfold on and attempted to smash him open for some candy.

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Kris/thanks.png (http://www.explosm.net/comics/1021/)
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net (http://www.explosm.net/)

Theo Dious
12-31-2007, 05:27 PM
I would mark out even if he came out with a chair and a twinkie and sat down at ringside then once he got done with said twinkie, fold up the chair and go backstage and nothing else.

Good commentator: ...that's a big Twinkie.

JR: Bah gawd King, what did we just see?

Michael Cole: Strange behavior from a legend of our business.
JBL: What the hell was that, Cole? Is that what passes for a legend these days?!?!

Nash: You see, we were all pretty stoned at the booking meeting...

Don West: THIS IS BIZZARE!!!!11

Kane Knight
12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Honestly, I don't think I'd mark out at all to see Sting in WWE.

I mean, I like him, but another guy in a promotion that can't make me care about the rest of their roster?

So the "surprise" factor of him showing up at the Rumble would probably be outweighed by my total apathy for WWE right now.

Skippord
12-31-2007, 06:41 PM
It would probably be the greatest thing ever

for a minute

The Optimist
12-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah, it'd be awesome for about three minutes. Then after he gets eliminated and actually has to enter the roster it would just add to the "Too Many Indians" situation. Though Sting might be a good candidate to wrestle in Ric Flair's last match.

Kane Knight
12-31-2007, 09:53 PM
That'd be a great way for Flair to go out.

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Yeah, it'd be awesome for about three minutes. Then after he gets eliminated and actually has to enter the roster it would just add to the "Too Many Indians" situation. Though Sting might be a good candidate to wrestle in Ric Flair's last match.

Well, in my vision, he'd be right at the end of the Rumble. He eliminates everyone in the ring that he smashes with the baseball bat, and he actually wins the 2008 Royal Rumble. I guess #29 would be acceptable, as well, and that way The Undertaker can enter #30 again, and the two can have a stare-down, with Sting tossing away the baseball bat, and taking on Taker with his bare hands, and eliminating him fair and square.

Sting would eliminate Flair during the match, which ends Flair's career. This pisses off Ric (to an extent), who cuts an epic promo on RAW, which I'm sure Flair could do well. Basically, to make a long story short, Sting somehow doesn't end up with the WrestleMania title shot, and Flair and Sting face off in a "Retirement Match" at WrestleMania, one last time, with the loser being forced out of active competition for good. Both men are inducted into the Hall of Fame the night before, and Sting wins at his first WrestleMania, and Flair becomes a manager/authority figure.

Rammsteinmad
01-01-2008, 05:00 AM
It'd be cool, but I'd prefer it not to happen.

NoRoolz
01-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Too young/didn't watch WCW to remember much of Sting but it'd be pretty cool. Although I'd just mark out at the scenario not so much 'cos it's Sting, a new debuting 'dark' character would make me mark out more debuting in that fashion.

Or D'Lo Brown returning in any way, shape, or form.

Outsider
01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I would cream myself and scream like a five year old girl.

St. Jimmy
01-01-2008, 05:01 PM
As long as he had that old dramatic music, then yes.

thedamndest
01-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Sting_us.222

Disturbed316
01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Sting turning up at the rumble = meh

Corporate CockSnogger
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd mark out more for a Disco Inferno appearance.

KYR
01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
I'd mark out more for a Disco Inferno appearance.

Is he out of prison?

Fox
01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Sting is the ONE mega star in professional wrestling who never went to the WWF/E. I'd really like him to retire with that intact.

FourFifty
01-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Sting is the ONE mega star in professional wrestling who never went to the WWF/E. I'd really like him to retire with that intact.

If it's a choice between that or a solid gold hummer filled with cash, I think he'd sell out.

But on the off chance it snows in hell and Sting comes to WWE for the Rumble, I'd love to see him treated like Hassan in the Rumble by a bunch of people who have been with WWE for a long time.

Shisen Kopf
01-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I would mark out more if it were Owen Hart. But that's not gonna happen and neither is the WWE using that stunt anymore. what were you thinking??

Evil Vito
01-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Well, in my vision, he'd be right at the end of the Rumble. He eliminates everyone in the ring that he smashes with the baseball bat, and he actually wins the 2008 Royal Rumble. I guess #29 would be acceptable, as well, and that way The Undertaker can enter #30 again, and the two can have a stare-down, with Sting tossing away the baseball bat, and taking on Taker with his bare hands, and eliminating him fair and square.

Sting would eliminate Flair during the match, which ends Flair's career. This pisses off Ric (to an extent), who cuts an epic promo on RAW, which I'm sure Flair could do well. Basically, to make a long story short, Sting somehow doesn't end up with the WrestleMania title shot, and Flair and Sting face off in a "Retirement Match" at WrestleMania, one last time, with the loser being forced out of active competition for good. Both men are inducted into the Hall of Fame the night before, and Sting wins at his first WrestleMania, and Flair becomes a manager/authority figure.

<font color=goldenrod>Giving Sting a Rumble win would be counterproductive if he didn't go on to challenge for a title, IMO. Also, I coulda swore that on the 15th Anniversary Raw it was mentioned that Flair's "win or retire" thing only applied in singles matches. Therefore, being eliminated from the Rumble wouldn't end his career.

And on a random note, I think it'd be rather lame if Taker gets #30 again. Not only did he get it last year...but I think he also got #30 on two other occasions. Nobody is THAT fortunate.</font> :o

Jeritron
01-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Probably much less than I should. I love Sting but I would hate to see him in the WWE. That's why I never really enjoyed Jericho's first debut because I was pissed that he wasn't in WCW anymore. Would rather him stay in TNA.

You were pissed that he was getting a major push among main eventers instead of being limited to the first hour of nitro with other cruisers and TV title level talents? Granted that was probably, from a comedic standpoint, Jerichos best stuff. He turned shit into gold.

As for Stinger.....I don't know why he wouldn't come to WWE now. His biggest issues with coming to WWE was the offensive content and the burial of WCW talent.
At this stage in the game, WWE is no more edgy or offensive (non christian) than TNA is. In fact, they're probably cleaner.

As for the WCW influx that was going on in 02-03, they all made their debuts and whatever happened happened, but that era of dream matches and dream debuts is over and theres not really any mention or concern over the WCW name or it's wrestlers. Nor do I think there's an agenda to do that anymore.

But at this point Sting coming in would be more of "it's about time" than exciting. I'd enjoy it, but I wouldn't mark out the way I would have 5-10 years ago.
I don't even know what he'd do anyways. There's no place for him in the World Title divisions like there would have been a few years ago. The most that would happen is he'd prob get pushed against a heel champion and end up jobbing to give them credibility.

Mostly, the best that would come out of it would be just seeing him in a WWE ring before he retires, and getting a proper send off and legacy treatment.
The programs and matches I'd most like to see him work if he did would be with Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. I really wanted to see him be the one to take Triple H's title in 03

Kane Knight
01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
If it's a choice between that or a solid gold hummer filled with cash, I think he'd sell out.

Just like Jesus would do.

XL
01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
I gave a very similar scenario of events to a friend when asked the question..."WHo would you like to see jump to WWE from TNA?".

This was my basic outline...

Sting is only used up until WrestleMania.
He has one match.
That match is against Flair at Mania and he wins (thus ending Flair's career)
Then Sting disappears.

That's right. No Rumble win. No title shots. No long term booking plan.

Just Sting stalking Flair from the rafters (perhaps costing him elimination from the Rumble for his debut) making it clear that he wants to be the one to end Flair's career and he wants to do it on "the grandest stage of all". This is his sole purpose and once accomplished he has nothing else to prove.

pj69
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
not very hard tbh

Savio
01-07-2008, 01:23 PM
bj69

The Lone Wolf
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I think i would have to change my underwear after that but it wont happen.