PDA

View Full Version : GH or RB

G
01-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I want to know cause I want to buy one. I had fun with the GH demo using the controller, and I have no desire to use the other instruments in RB. So I should probably go with GH and save like $70 or whatever the difference is. I think I just answered my own question. Vote anyways. :foc:

Kane Knight
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I find RB guitar to be more fun than the new GH guitar. GH is harder, though, as it's aimed towards penis envy shredding now.

DAMN iNATOR
01-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Go with GH3, and like you said, save some green.

DS
01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't compare the difficulty or price, I would see which one had tracks that you wouldn't mind hearing 1,000 times over because that's pretty much both games. That being said, I prefer Rock Band's tracks.

Kane Knight
01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't compare the difficulty or price, I would see which one had tracks that you wouldn't mind hearing 1,000 times over because that's pretty much both games. That being said, I prefer Rock Band's tracks.

DLC is also worth looking at. I'm loving the DLC for RB, though I don't know what's out for GH these days.

OssMan
01-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Dunno played this Rock Band once some great songs to sing apparently you cant hammer on at all though

Fignuts
01-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah you can, they are just harder to recognize at first.

Kane Knight
01-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah you can, they are just harder to recognize at first.

The hammer ons and pull offs are just horribly designed in this game, but it's a pretty minor deal.

Fignuts
01-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I thought so too at first, but once i played for a while, I recognized them as easily as i do in GH.

Kane Knight
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought so too at first, but once i played for a while, I recognized them as easily as i do in GH.

I'm not saying you can't learn to recognise them, just that it's a horrible design. I mean, there's a lot you can work around, and this is a fairly minor one, but this doesn't make it good, merely tolerable.

Nor does it hurt the game much. In fact, on Easy-hard (For the most part), you can get along without HO/POs anyway. Less so in Hard, but it doesn't make the game unplayable or anything. That's always a plus.