PDA

View Full Version : Jericho..does anyone still care?

BigDaddyCool
01-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Jericho is back, BAY-bee! I have noticed a lack of Jericho threads lately. Does everyone see that he sucks?

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
No, people are just not interested in commenting on his wasted feud with JBL.

I must say, I really liked their brawl on RAW, though. Jericho needs to win at the Royal Rumble, and then come in as a surprise entrant in the 2008 Royal Rumble, and win it. Mr. Kennedy should be runner-up.

Londoner
01-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh shut the fuck up bdc, no one cares what you have to say about jericho, more like. Im just glad he's back still.

Russenmafia
01-07-2008, 04:28 PM
He is being wasted on RAW and really needs to jump to SD! He has had his WWE title shot, now in a feud with JBL and only a matter of time before he is "lost in the shuffle" and fighting for the I.C title again. On SD! there is a much better chance of him getting a run with the big gold belt.

SammyG
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Exactly what TL said.

Kane Knight
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I stopped watching Raw again out of disinterest. How is he being misused and wasted and such? I'm not saying people are wrong, just wondering what makes it true and not "sour grapes."

Dorkchop
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I care, I just don't really like who he's feuded with. Orton and JBL both don't do much for me. I wouldn't say he's being misused as of yet. He got a title shot as soon as he returned. Now he's feuding with one of WWE's top stars who's returning to the ring after possibly retiring. It's not like he's jobbing out to Carlito and Hardcore Holly.

I'll care more when he feuds with better wrestlers. Jericho is great in the ring and I'd rather see him wrestle people like HBK, HHH, amd other wrestlers with three letter nicknames.

BigDaddyCool
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I was just wondering because I haven't given a shit about Jericho since before he jobbed to Orton.

I'm sorry I pissed you off TL. I don't really care what SammyG thinks.

BTW, if he went with TNA, would that have been a worse choice? Cause for some reason I think they could have fucked it up way more than WWE did.

Innovator
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Beating the dead horse aside BDC, it's still good to have someone who can put on a decent match back

BigDaddyCool
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Beating the dead horse aside BDC, it's still good to have someone who can put on a decent match back

He can put on a decent match when he wants to. :roll:

Theo Dious
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm glad he's back and I'm pumped for Jericho vs JBL. The problem really is that I haven't watched Raw the week before the Iraq show and I haven't gotten really back in yet.

Savio
01-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I agree Jericho is Lack Luster. He saved nothing.

Jeritron
01-07-2008, 05:39 PM
He can put on a decent match when he wants to. :roll:

You're an idiot

Xero
01-07-2008, 05:58 PM
He's just blended right into the mix. He doesn't stand out whatsoever.

Basically it's what I expected.

Bad Company
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Jericho is the fucking mantis.

The Optimist
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Nice split vote. I sort of fall into the middle ground, I like Jericho but I'm not crazy about the Bradshaw fued. Especially because he didn't really make any impact on the Main Event, which was his stated goal the second he arrived. He should still be fueding with Orton, either trading the title between them or leading up to Jericho winning at the Royal Rumble. Not that the ship hasn't already sailed.

Juan
01-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes.

Mooияakeя™
01-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Jericho is the fucking mantis.

Word.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/Hurry84/HCW/UltramantisBlack.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I stopped watching Raw again out of disinterest. How is he being misused and wasted and such? I'm not saying people are wrong, just wondering what makes it true and not "sour grapes."

Dorkchop said it best: Basically you have one of the best wrestlers in the world, and you bring him back to feud with Blackjack Bradshaw? JBL is great on the mic, yes, but he arguably should not have left the commentary booth. Especially to feud with Jericho. I mean, at least there is history to base a Batista or Rey Mysterio feud off.

The Optimist
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Also, Jericho and Bradshaw have wrestled like three televised matches between them in two and a half years.

Skippord
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
If JBL werent worthless I would be more excited

The Lone Wolf
01-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm glad that he is back but it seems like he should have debuted about a month before he did and they should have had a smaller fued before the title, possibly winning the rumble and having his title match then instead of this nothing fued with JBL.

Porcupine
01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I dont.

I used to be a fan of Jericho, especially his heel run with the uber beard. I cant seem to care for the "new" Jericho. He is too "meh" to me.

Kane Knight
01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm glad that he is back but it seems like he should have debuted about a month before he did and they should have had a smaller fued before the title, possibly winning the rumble and having his title match then instead of this nothing fued with JBL.

I don't see what's so bad with feuding with JBL. I mean, Jericho could carry JBL to a 5* match...

Also, Jericho didn't debut too late. WWE didn't anticipate the fans drawing completely different conclusions from the clues they thought they left.

Destor
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Whose commentating on SD! now that JBL has left. I haven't ben able to tune into it lately...

Heros Welcome
01-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Coachman

Destor
01-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Thats terrible

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2008, 04:28 AM
I don't see what's so bad with feuding with JBL. I mean, Jericho could carry JBL to a 5* match...

Also, Jericho didn't debut too late. WWE didn't anticipate the fans drawing completely different conclusions from the clues they thought they left.

Actually, he did debut at a pretty awful time. When he debuted, the logical thing to do was put him in the main event (strike while the iron is hot). They do that, and they keep Jericho strong, but then it comes time for the Road to WrestleMania, and Jericho never gets time to finalise his story. The WWE left it to the last possible minute before the Road to WrestleMania began, and it kind of got Jericho lost in the shuffle a bit.

Also, the WWE needs to adapt. The fans were chanting "Y2J" at No Mercy in October. Perhaps it was impossible for him to really return then, but saving it until December was not the best possible move.

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Honestly, watching SmackDown! last week, I had to ask myself why Matt Striker was not commentating. The guy is great on the microphone, he's witty, and he doesn't really play a role that is too important on-screen, at present. Mark Henry is capable on the mic to not need Striker (and has survived as a character on his own), and I think Big Daddy V would be fine solo. Especially considering he is half-feuding with The Undertaker, and the history between the two men the WWE could play up.

Matt Striker would have been a much better choice than Jonathan Coachman, anyway.

Destor
01-15-2008, 07:57 AM
For the record, during RAw last night, I had forgotten Jericho was back until the JBL segemnt...

.44 Magdalene
01-15-2008, 08:56 AM
I still care about Jericho.

Sorta.

Kane Knight
01-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah! It's WWE's fault for trying to actually plot something out in advance and build up hype! And it would be impossible to build up Jericho AND do road to Wrestlemania!