PDA

View Full Version : Blade jobs...

Xero
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Post some blade jobs you remember seeing/the best ones/anything blading related.

Thought of making this thread after seeing Triple H blade Regal. Terrible camera work, and it would have looked so much better had they stayed at the former camera angle.

Eddie's blade job at Judgment Day was pretty brutal.

Theo Dious
01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I remembe seeing HHH blade Steiner, it was such a transparent job you could see it in HHHs fist

BigDaddyCool
01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Didn't HHH job in Blade 3?

Heros Welcome
01-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Vince's blade job v. Taker at Survivor Series was pretty nasty.

Evil Vito
01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I remember at Royal Rumble 2002 Taker was beating the shit out of Maven. He mounted him outside the ring and started punching him as 3 refs surrounded them. At one point you could clearly see Taker stop punching (obv. he was blading Maven) but then when he stood up it was even more obvious because he tucked the razor away in his pants right in front of the camera</font>

Theo Dious
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't HHH job in Blade 3?

*rimshot*

Disturbed316
01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Eddies stands out as a really brutal one. Austins back at the KOTR 98 was stupidly obvious, you even saw him blade himself, then put the blade under the ring when he feel out.

Ben Rodrigues
01-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Michaels in Hell in a Cell was pretty cool. Though looking at it closely you can see him starting while on the ground and continuing mid air.

Jura
01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I could do without any blading in wrestling.

Mr. JL
01-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Seriously, I only think people should only blade a few times during their whole career to draw significance to a big-time feud or to add emotion to a big pay-off match. After a while when you see someone blade over and over again, it means nothing to you.

Like, if the WWE had Jeff Hardy blade leading up to or during his Royal Rumble match I promise people will remember the moment simply because I can't ever recall seeing Jeff being busted open badly. But when I see guys like HHH or HBK blade I barely notice it; unless they cut themselves so severely that it looks like they may actually bleed to death in the ring.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-09-2008, 02:27 AM
I remember when the Rock bladed really bad, and had blood pouring off his head onto the mat.

Personally, I think it should be rare too... Although I can't recall seeing Regal blade that much before.

I remember Jerry Lynn writing "Die" on his chest in Steve Corino's blood...

Indifferent Clox
01-09-2008, 02:34 AM
in bryan danielson v. Mcguiness, theres a part where they are exchagning headbutts and ass he falls he blades and if you pause it just right you can see it, but tis' so beautiful regardless.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-09-2008, 04:04 AM
in bryan danielson v. Mcguiness, theres a part where they are exchagning headbutts and ass he falls he blades and if you pause it just right you can see it, but tis' so beautiful regardless.

You know, I'm not a huge fan of blading, but there was something about it that I loved.... It just seemed so.... real. Maybe it was because it happened in like the last minute of the match. Usually blade jobs happen early, and try to make the match more dramatic... That match was already dramatic, and he bladed right at the climax... It just worked really well IMO. (I'm talking about the Nigel/Danielson match that was on ppv... Not sure if you're talking about the same one.)

PorkSoda
01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Worst blade job there is was Mass Transit's when New Jack "bladed" him cause Transit didn't know how to do it.

.44 Magdalene
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Remember when James Mitchell "shaved" Raven?

That haircut was bloodier than alot of legit blade jobs. Good times.

Jura
01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
lol Mitchell said Raven was a prick and deserved it.

.44 Magdalene
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I still say they should have rolled with it.

Crazy evil barber gimmick for the win.

Dave Youell
01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Most memorable:

Austin in a sharpshooter at Mania 13 – Was epic as it typified the fact that he wouldn’t give up, not only was he in the sharpshooter, he was bleeding and he still wouldn’t quit

Cena against JBL I quit match – Gave Cena a bit of an edge and it was a good blade job, proper crimson mask job, I included this as it’s the first time I’d seen him do it

Matt Hardy Vs Edge Summerslam? – The first of there matches after ‘that’ Edge dropped his head on the post and then the match was over, blood everywhere, they did a great job of getting that one over, and for a split second I started questioning if it was real

Foley, King of the death match tournament – Now way am I having a list like this without Mick in it

Hacksaw Jum Duggan Vs Yokozuna – Ok, not a blade job, but an internal injury sell, with blood capsules, he was bleeding out of the mouth, this was back in my mark days, so it was still real to me dammit it!

Hogan – When Vince signed the Mania 19 contract in his blood

Hogan again – Jobbing to Lesnar, I included these as given the amount of matches he had, Hogan doesn’t blade much

Vince McMahon, Mania 19 – That iconic picture of him with that pipe peering over the canvas, pure evil, greatness

That Jimmy Jacobs promo, you know the one, technically he wasn’t blading, but he was probably covered in more blood at the end

Mooияakeя™
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Regal's was pretty nasty when it really started dripping. They must be so dosed up on pain killers (ahem!) that they don't feel it, he didn't flinch. There must be so much trust there. But he must have been dazed cos the shot to the head that HHH did seemed to really catch him.

Chavo Classic
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Eddie against JBL a few years back was pretty brutal.

Rob
01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I think Bret Hart is easily the best purely because he did it a few times when it was a sackable offense in the WWF and got away with it everytime because he did it so well. The Steve Austin one at WM13 and the Roddy Piper match at WM8 stick out but he did a very great one with Davey Boy Smith at a In Your House show too.

Evil Vito
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Was just watching the Elimination Chamber from 2003 and during the post-match beatdown Flair clearly blades Goldberg. Its so obvious in front of the camera that JR tries to play it off by going "Now what the hell is Flair doing?"</font>

Stickman
01-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I think Bret Hart is easily the best purely because he did it a few times when it was a sackable offense in the WWF and got away with it everytime because he did it so well. The Steve Austin one at WM13 and the Roddy Piper match at WM8 stick out but he did a very great one with Davey Boy Smith at a In Your House show too.

I don't remember anytime seeing Hart bleed.

Rob
01-10-2008, 03:57 AM
That's because he did it when it meant something. And blade jobs where pretty much banned up until 1997 so nobody wanted to get fired.

Stickman
01-10-2008, 01:12 PM
That's because he did it when it meant something. And blade jobs where pretty much banned up until 1997 so nobody wanted to get fired.

I remember Flair vs Savage in the early 90s when Flair's hair turned red. Was he reprimanded for that?

Exyle
01-10-2008, 07:54 PM
The match made famous for originating the "Muta Scale."

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2yxfSRz-cw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2yxfSRz-cw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>