PDA

View Full Version : I just watched Armageddon '04

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Well bits of it. Most of it was unbearably bad, but I remember it as the event where Funaki won the Cruiserweight Title. I had the tape lying around, so I decided to watch that match. I really love Funaki.

Funaki: Knock, knock.

Spike Dudley: Who's there?

Funaki: Armageddon...

Spike Dudley: Armageddon who?

Funaki: Armageddon your Cruiserweight Title tonight!

Also on that show however, Charlie Haas has this shit floating around with Miss Jackie and Dawn Marie, with the later claiming that she was having an affair with Haas, who was engaged to the former. Haas was teaming with Hardcore Holly at the time, and they lost to The Basham Brothers, and Holly asked Charlie to sort his shit out. Haas then had to referee a match between Jackie and Dawn, and while the match was pretty icky, Haas counted the three for Dawn, when she rolled up Jackie, and Charlie's bitch began to cry.

Haas then proceeded to get on the mic and tell Jackie that he was indeed having an affair, and that his marriage to Jackie was off. He then said something like this:

Charlie Haas: Making love to you is like making love to a dead, wet fish.

He then got on one knee, pulled the ring he asked Jackie to remove for her match earlier, and said he had a question to ask Dawn.

Charlie Haas: Why are you such a slut?

Haas then told them to kiss and make up with each other, because he was done with this shit, and he walked to the back and the fans chanted his name. Just something awesome that the WWE never followed up with effectively. Pimp Haas would have been pretty fucking cool.

Anyway, just talk about little moments that have been forgotten that were forgotten, fifteen minutes of fame, good times during shit PPVs, etc.

Theo Dious
01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
That time that Vince called Cena "My Nigga!" was pretty damn funny.

Londoner
01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
WWE sucked so bad back then...it was painful.

Mr. JL
01-11-2008, 09:34 AM
If I remember correctly RVD & Mysterio were tag team champs back then. They had a good series of matches with anyone they faced.

Outsider
01-11-2008, 09:50 AM
WWE sucks so bad ...it is painful.

Fixed.

JT
01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Honestly, I didn't catch that...but it sounded like the Haas storyline could have had potential.

I think they both got fired the next week though (Jackie and Haas).

Mr. Nerfect
01-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Honestly, I didn't catch that...but it sounded like the Haas storyline could have had potential.

I think they both got fired the next week though (Jackie and Haas).

Haas and Jackie got released in 2005, I think. I'm not sure, but I was thinking about it, and I'm sure that Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas were teaming against MNM in 2005 sometime. The WWE just forgot about the angle.

RGWhat316
01-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Damn, the only thing I really remember from that ppv was the first real Cena squashing. He absolutely destroyed Jesus and kind of kicked him out of the company.

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Damn, the only thing I really remember from that ppv was the first real Cena squashing. He absolutely destroyed Jesus and kind of kicked him out of the company.

Yeah, I really disliked that. John Cena had just had a really shitty Best of Five Series with Booker T, which was obviously designed to really favour John Cena. I can't remember exactly what happened, but there was a little bit of a shock at Cena winning something. Maybe it was because he was stripped of the US Title, or something, and he won it back, which defeated the purpose of him being stripped? There was something like that.

Anyway, Cena was boring me at this point, but most people were still on his dicks. Then Carlito came in, entertained me, and got a fun match out of Cena and won the US Title. Then the WWE had Cena squash Carlito in a match where Carlito wrestled one-handed, and I just thought about how much I dislike the WWE's treatment of Cena. Then he showed up at Armageddon with a bastardised United States Title belt.

Jesus got two pieces of offence in: an eye rake and a kendo stick shot to the back, and Cena controlled the rest of the match, and it was so boring. It was quite a shame, because I quite liked Jesus, and I really wanted to see him win the US Title, hand it to Carlito, and then Cena could battle up through Jesus back to another shot at a healthy Carlito, this time.

Alas, it was not to be, and John Cena would go on to make another belt ugly.

Mr. JL
01-13-2008, 03:52 AM
I don't know, I remember actually being quite entertained when Cena basically kicked the shit out of Jesus & Carlito at this Pay Per View. It is actually one of my fondest John Cena moments. He looked legit pissed off and came in and kicked some real ass.

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2008, 04:54 AM
I don't know, I remember actually being quite entertained when Cena basically kicked the shit out of Jesus & Carlito at this Pay Per View. It is actually one of my fondest John Cena moments. He looked legit pissed off and came in and kicked some real ass.

To each his own, I suppose. I hated it, haha. Was much more into Carlito at the time.

NeanderCarl
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
I can't remember exactly what happened, but there was a little bit of a shock at Cena winning something. Maybe it was because he was stripped of the US Title, or something, and he won it back, which defeated the purpose of him being stripped? There was something like that.

He was off filming The Marine so they engineered a "stabbing", allegedly concocted by Carlito and carried out by Jesus, in order to explain his absence and strip him of the belt. So this squash was the revenge match. He wasn't supposed to "kick Jesus out of the WWE"; Jesus was injured, possibly even prior to this match which explains why it was so short.