PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble Spoilers from WWE Magazine: Will we finally be_saved.???

Xero
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
From PWInsider:

The new issue of WWE Magazine features Jeff Hardy on the cover, and inside the featured interview with him the photos show him bound in chains and underwater, but you can clearly see that the background is the
inside of the elimination chamber. This leads me to think that Randy Orton retains the title at the Rumble and Jeff will be a part of the Chamber match at No Way Out.

=============

Will we finally be saved?

No. :shifty:

Fox
01-20-2008, 10:29 AM
In chains? Underwater?

Could this be Jeff Hardy's new gimmick?

http://www.imageyenation.com/images/blog-gallery/arrested_development_gob_magic.jpg

Mr. Pierre
01-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Eh, you never know. The Vengeance 2006 poster also featured Cena and Edge face-to-face. Meanwhile, RVD faced Edge and Cena faced Sabu...

Lock Jaw
01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Man, it'd be awesome if the chambers were filled with water and you were chained inside. Then it would reverse the whole thing and make it an advantage to get out of the chamber first and not last.

spunkynut
01-20-2008, 01:20 PM
http://www.cramtech.net/nwo08.jpg

Team Sheep
01-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Guess this means it's gonna be a Raw chamber match. Which sucks a bit. As has been mentioned here recently, I would love to see a Smackdown one.

NeanderCarl
01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Well looking at the line-up, it seemed a guarantee that a SmackDown guy was going to win the Rumble anyway. Undertaker could tie the record for back-to-back Rumble wins... Batista is also an option. I guess Triple H and Shawn Michaels are potential winners from the Raw side, though.

I see Edge vs Undertaker at WM, with Undertaker getting back to back Rumble wins. They may even give him a third next year, to break the record... another one for his list of "legendary" achievements.

NeanderCarl
01-20-2008, 01:44 PM
The poster could just as easily signify that Jeff wins the title, and is now chained to defending the title against whoever emerges from the Chamber.

I'm not saying that will happen, anybody who genuinely thinks Jeff is gonna beat Randy Orton for the title needs their head examined, but it's just as spurious a link as your suggestion.

Jeritron
01-20-2008, 02:10 PM
PPV posters mean next to nothing

Kane Knight
01-20-2008, 02:23 PM

Jeff: I have dreams like this every night."

Theo Dious
01-20-2008, 06:40 PM
This could just as easily be a reference to:
A) Jeff wins the title and has to watch as his challenger is chosen in the chamber,
b) there IS a chamber match at nwo, while Jeff, as champion, is forced to endure a stacked-deck rematch against Orton (aka, no DQ for Orton, Jeff is bound by conventional rules, etc.)

Though I do admit that the "Jeff gets screwed by Orton and has to endure the Chamber" scenerio does sound pretty likely. But this isn't a dead-giveaway spoiler.

Theo Dious
01-20-2008, 06:44 PM
And since we seem to be doing captions:

Jeff: I'm going as Sean O'Haire for Halloween!
Matt: Jeff, do you know that Halloween is, like, ten months a way?
Jeff: *hits a bowl* No, but I don't know who Sean O'Haire is, either...

KYR
01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
PPV posters mean next to nothing

:y: So True. I mean, did Edge really come back with a chainsaw and tear up the ring? Did Orton come out with a white dove in his hands?

I think people try and read too much into these posters and try and find hidden, cryptic messages when none exist. It might simply be indicative of the PPV name - "NO WAY OUT", you know being locked and chained in a cage under water with "No Way Out".

Just because Hardy's on the poster doesn't mean jack. Doesn't mean he beat Orton, doesn't mean he lost. It's simply his turn to be highlighted.

Juan
01-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I think HHH will cost Jeff Hardy his match at the Royal Rumble...

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2008, 01:42 AM
In chains? Underwater?

Could this be Jeff Hardy's new gimmick?

http://www.imageyenation.com/images/blog-gallery/arrested_development_gob_magic.jpg

I would mark out for Will Arnett winning the Royal Rumble. Especially if he uses The Final Countdown as his entrance theme, and brings in Steve Holt as his lackey. Steve Holt's gimmick is pretty much the same as Kennedy's anyway.

Lilian Garcia can always pronounce his name as "Gob Bluth" (exactly as it sounds) rather than "Jobe" (spelled "Gob").

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2008, 01:46 AM
The poster could just as easily signify that Jeff wins the title, and is now chained to defending the title against whoever emerges from the Chamber.

I'm not saying that will happen, anybody who genuinely thinks Jeff is gonna beat Randy Orton for the title needs their head examined, but it's just as spurious a link as your suggestion.

I agree with this. In fact, to be honest, I think it is more like that this is the case. That's if there is any meaning to the poster whatsoever.

If Jeff were competing in the match (and if he loses at the Rumble, I bet he will be), I think it would be fair to spotlight all the wrestlers in the Chamber. If the poster is meant to mean something, I'd say it implies that Jeff Hardy's fate, specifically, is being decided by the Elimination Chamber. Either his opponent is decided by it, or he is forced to defend the WWE Championship in one.

To be honest, the second one is my preference.

Mr. Pierre
01-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Jeff Hardy were in the Chamber match with the (possible) likes of HBK, HHH, and Lashley, and he's the only one advertised. Seems odd.

tuney41
01-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Im glad wwe is finally pushing jeff hardy.

Kane Knight
01-21-2008, 09:22 AM
:y: So True. I mean, did Edge really come back with a chainsaw and tear up the ring? Did Orton come out with a white dove in his hands?

I think people try and read too much into these posters and try and find hidden, cryptic messages when none exist. It might simply be indicative of the PPV name - "NO WAY OUT", you know being locked and chained in a cage under water with "No Way Out".

Just because Hardy's on the poster doesn't mean jack. Doesn't mean he beat Orton, doesn't mean he lost. It's simply his turn to be highlighted.

The most important point so far.

Rammsteinmad
01-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Y'know, I gotta say as far as WWE posters go, that one is pretty awesome. Especially when compared to some of the recent ones they've let out.

Savio
01-21-2008, 10:58 AM
:lol: at poster......hey wait they cut out NYR, hmmm.

Fox
01-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Underwater Chamber match at NWO. First one to not asyphyxiate and die wins.

Xero
01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Maybe that poster is signifying that Jeff is going to be hallucinating during the whole match.

Wouldn't it be great if we found out that he missed the PPV because he thought he was drowning... In his hotel bed?

Kane Knight
01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Maybe that poster is signifying that Jeff is going to be hallucinating during the whole match.

Wouldn't it be great if we found out that he missed the PPV because he thought he was drowning... In his hotel bed?

:rofl:

Lord-Of-Darkness
01-22-2008, 10:40 AM

I beleive it was Unforgiven last year that had Kane on the poster, and he didn't have a match or even appear on the PPV.

.44 Magdalene
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Omg, chained and underwater? It would appear as though Jeff has no way out.

Kane Knight
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
I beleive it was Unforgiven last year that had Kane on the poster, and he didn't have a match or even appear on the PPV.

There have been a couple such cases.

Usually, it's not that extreme, but the major point is that most posters aren't truly indicative one way or the other. Some are "accurate," but they're not predictions or foreshadowing so much as they happen to reflect the outcome.