PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Michaels using the crossface?

Renaissance man
01-21-2008, 12:14 PM
I personally don't like it. It brings back too many bad memories.

what is your opinion on this matter?

Kane Knight
01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Bad memories?

Renaissance man
01-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes. Not of Benoit as a wrestler but what happened in his personal life

Xero
01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
It's not like Benoit was the only one to use it.

Renaissance man
01-21-2008, 12:19 PM
It was his signature move.

Theo Dious
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM

...Ben-who?

DarKCentaur
01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
The Crossface Which in No Way Was Used By a Canadian Who Was Called the Crippler, Because Such a Person Does Not and Never Did Exist in the WWE and WCW. Crossface.

Renaissance man
01-21-2008, 12:30 PM
They can't just wish him away

jcmoorehead
01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
At the end of the day it's a Wrestling move, yes it was used as a signature move by that one guy who I can't seem to remember but I'm sure he wasn't anything important but the point is... I can't actually remember now. Oh yes, the point is that it's a wrestling move, and regardless of the fact that it was a certain persons signature move someone else using it shouldn't make a difference. You should just see it for what it is and thats Michaels using a submission move. Nothing more.

This is probably not a great example, but it'd be like seeing the Undertaker or someone using the piledriver back in '98 and saying it gave you a bad feeling because it was the same move used by Owen when he accidently injured Austin. You just have to see the moves for what they are and not associate them with incidents or people unless it is being used specifically as a tribute. The Austin/Owen thing is probably a bad example but I really couldn't think of anything else.

Renaissance man
01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I see your point but when i saw Michaels use that move a lot of old images came flooding back quickly

Theo Dious
01-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok, to be serious:

1) Ben-who didn't invent the move, he just used it.
2) Don't we usually laugh at WWE's insistance on erasing Ben-who's existence?
3) It's Shawn Michaels. He can and will do whatever the fuck he wants.

Theo Dious
01-21-2008, 12:38 PM
This is probably not a great example, but it'd be like seeing the Undertaker or someone using the piledriver back in '98 and saying it gave you a bad feeling because it was the same move used by Owen when he accidently injured Austin. You just have to see the moves for what they are and not associate them with incidents or people unless it is being used specifically as a tribute. The Austin/Owen thing is probably a bad example but I really couldn't think of anything else.

I also don't see anyone complaining that Jeff's dive on Orton last week made them sad because it reminded them of Owen's death or anything.

BigDaddyCool
01-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Shut up, it is a fucking wrestling move. I like Micheals using it because it shows it is just a move, not something taboo that must never be used again.

Kane Knight
01-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Ohhhhh...

For a second, I thought it was gonna be something stupid. :roll:

.44 Magdalene
01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
How would you have "bad memories" of someone else's personal life?

:shifty: I think there's something you're not telling us, Renaissance man... IF THAT'S EVEN YOUR REAL NAME!

NYDon
01-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Shawn is a boss. He decides when to use the crossface.

Doomsday Jezus
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
What did the commentaters say when he used it? Like what did they call it?

Rammsteinmad
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Shawn used the Crossface? When and who on? Rep to anyone with a video of it.

Renaissance man
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
On Kennedy a few Raws back

Heros Welcome
01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5hcYzVjsp0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5hcYzVjsp0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2:20

BigDaddyCool
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Shawn used the Crossface? When and who on? Rep to anyone with a video of it.

He used it on Orton during the match at Survior Series when Micheals couldn't use Sweet Chin Music. He also used the Sharpshooter, unforutately Hebner was on TNA and couldn't yell ring the damn bell.

Lux
01-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I see your point but when i saw Michaels use that move a lot of old images came flooding back quickly

Your an idiot, the frog splash was Eddies signature move yet he didn't invent it, your lack of intelligence disgusts me, that and your look to far into westling, yes i watch but don't have bad memoires, benoit was a great wrestlers, his personally life and the ring are two different things

McLegend
01-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Truhfully it kinda is uncomfortable too me.

Londoner
01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
It kinda makes me cringe but not to the point where it brings back 'bad memories'.

The Lone Wolf
01-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I see no problem with him using it. By this logic it would be like saying that Kurt cant use the trip-germans anymore and nobody can use a diving headbutt. They are wrestling moves and they are being used in a WRESTLING match.

addy2hotty
01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Let's hope he doesn't put Hornswoggle in it while wearing one of his shirts with the cross on it.

Kane Knight
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
He used it on Orton during the match at Survior Series when Micheals couldn't use Sweet Chin Music. He also used the Sharpshooter, unforutately Hebner was on TNA and could yell ring the damn bell.

You have trouble with contractions, don't you?

Your an idiot, the frog splash was Eddies signature move yet he didn't invent it, your lack of intelligence disgusts me, that and your look to far into westling, yes i watch but don't have bad memoires, benoit was a great wrestlers, his personally life and the ring are two different things

STFU, .44 Magdalene.

James Steele
01-21-2008, 02:16 PM
It is a sweet move (when done correctly) and it was going to be used eventually.

BigDaddyCool
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
You have trouble with contractions, don't you?

What?

Fox
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Chris Benoit made the Crippler Crossface famous; thus it's name stemming from Benoit's "Crippler" nickname.

After the tragedy took place, it became morosely ironic that Benoit choked his son and wife to death, when his finishing move is reminiscent of someone attacking the face and mouth of an opponent.

Seeing Shawn use the move does make me cringe, and it's not because I'm too sensitive, but more of a subconscious thing.

BigDaddyCool
01-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Chris Benoit made the Crippler Crossface famous; thus it's name stemming from Benoit's "Crippler" nickname.

After the tragedy took place, it became morosely ironic that Benoit choked his son and wife to death, when his finishing move is reminiscent of someone attacking the face and mouth of an opponent.

Seeing Shawn use the move does make me cringe, and it's not because I'm too sensitive, but more of a subconscious thing.

You are a gay.

Kane Knight
01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
My thoughts: Grow some fucking balls.

FourFifty
01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I personally don't like it. It brings back too many bad memories.

what is your opinion on this matter?

You are a cocksucker.
Yes, what happened with Bemoit was horrible, but his personal life? Unless you were is buddy or if you're really Daniel Benoit with a computer in a casket you know nothing about his personal life until the very end.

Fox
01-21-2008, 10:16 PM
You are a gay.

;)

Zen v.W.o.
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Shawn idolizes Canadian technicians and their superior submission holds.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Chris Benoit should not be erased from memory. Yeah, some horrible shit happened, but it really shouldn't effect us. The WWE are idiots for pretending Chris Benoit never existed instead of saying "Yeah, he did something wrong, but let's remember the great professional wrestler." It is idiotic to ban any move associated with Benoit.

Personally, my biggest problem with Shawn using the Crossface, is that it doesn't really seem to fit his wrestling style. It's a minor complaint. I'd like to see someone who could use having the move in their repertoire use it. MVP used to use a variation called "TTB," which I feel he could use.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Shawn idolizes Canadian technicians and their superior submission holds.

Best post in this thread.

NeanderCarl
01-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Michaels and WWE should have realised that the use of the Crossface would invoke memories of Chris Benoit. Everybody who saw that move applied must have instantly thought "Benoit", whether they had a problem with the use of the move or not.... it is synonymous with Benoit.

I think it was more surprising he used it than insulting.

tuney41
01-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Who gives a crap