PDA

View Full Version : So I had a Alienoid moment *ECW Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Last week I thought about Punk and Edge's confrontation last week and I thought of a good storyline which I think is starting somewhat especially after Edge just cost Punk the ECW Title.

So I had planned out that Chavo defeated Punk tonight for the title thanks to the help of Edge. Well that did happen. So my belief and my hope is this will lead to Edge vs. Punk at No Way Out for the World Title in a 2 out of 3 falls match.

The seeds are already planted. Have Punk beat Edge in tag matches leading up to the PPV. Maybe even have Punk and Flair have a short segment backstage where Flair puts Punk over as the future of the business. Make a tag match between Edge/Chavo vs. Punk/Flair with Punk pinning Edge with the Go To Sleep.

Then at No Way Out, Edge beats Punk 2 falls to 1. Edge takes the first fall after a belt shot. Punk comes back and takes fall two with the GTS. And then Edge takes the final fall with a Spear even after Punk kicks out of one Spear and then a belt shot.

I know this has a snowballs chance of hell in happening, but this way this gives Edge something to do before his match with Taker at Mania and this can help get Punk over more so he can make a full time transition to Smackdown. And they could follow it up with Punk being in MITB again this year.

Shaggy
01-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I would love to see this happen...and who knows...the fact that they had Punk drop the belt so close to the rumble might mean that he will win the rumble and fight Edge for the belt...

KingofOldSchool
01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Punk won't win the Rumble, I have a better chance at winning the Rumble.

Jura
01-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Triple H is putting KoOS over at the Rumble.

KingofOldSchool
01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Triple H is putting KoOS over at the Rumble.

WOOOOOO!

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I would love to see this happen...and who knows...the fact that they had Punk drop the belt so close to the rumble might mean that he will win the rumble and fight Edge for the belt...

That's what I'm thinking, too. I mean, they could have waited a few weeks to pull trigger on Edge vs. Punk, but they kick it off at Rumble time.

The Undertaker and Batista are both being pushed as Edge's biggest threats. I don't think it makes sense for either of them to win because of this reason. It makes the most sense that Edge, Chavo Guerrero, Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins make sure that at some point, those two men go over.

It's got a very small chance of happening, but Punk is the right character to slip through the radar of Edgie Guerrero, and win the Rumble in a shock move.

Reasons why the WWE would do this:

* For some reason The Undertaker does not feel he has a WrestleMania main event in him (injuries catching up again, most likely).

* The heat is not off for the steroids and shit, so they want to push a "drug free" guy.

* Vince suddenly got a hard-on for him, or he really likes the idea of pushing surprisingly people after Jeff Hardy has been so successful.

Most of us have been calling for a shock Rumble win for a while, and Punk has more of a chance than say...Shelton Benjamin or Mr. Kennedy, two other guys people have been calling dark horse picks.

My pick went from The Undertaker to Triple H, and while I'm not ready to go right ahead and say my pick is now CM Punk, I don't think it's as far out of the question as many believe.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
But assuming the plan is still to do Edge vs. Undertaker, I think they'll definitely do Edge vs. CM Punk at No Way Out. Probably not 2/3 Falls, though.

In my dream world, though, we'll get the following at WrestleMania:

* Edge vs. CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Championship
* Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H for the WWE Championship
* Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio for the ECW Championship

KingofOldSchool
01-23-2008, 12:15 AM
But Punk hasn't been booked strong enough to win a match like the Royal Rumble. As much as I love the guy, he just isn't in the position. He probably won't be in that position for at LEAST two years, if at all.

The only reason why Punk would get a WHC match at NWO is to give Edge something to do for the PPV and to help establish Punk more than just as the main guy on a brand no one watches.

KingofOldSchool
01-23-2008, 12:20 AM
You know, maybe Chavo could screw Jeff Hardy out of the ECW Title. Jeff can move to ECW and feud with Chavo, because Jeff will just get lost in the shuffle once Lashley and Cena come back.

Punk/Edge
HHH/HBK/Kennedy/Jericho/JBL/Umaga
Hardy/Guerrero

Those could be the top three matches for NWO.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 12:22 AM
But Punk hasn't been booked strong enough to win a match like the Royal Rumble. As much as I love the guy, he just isn't in the position. He probably won't be in that position for at LEAST two years, if at all.

The only reason why Punk would get a WHC match at NWO is to give Edge something to do for the PPV and to help establish Punk more than just as the main guy on a brand no one watches.

I agree that he doesn't seem like the most likely winner, but I'm thinking maybe the WWE has come to appreciate how to actually back up the claim that "anyone can win!" they need to have "anyone" win at least once. I certainly won't be betting on it as the likely outcome.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Dream interpromotional feud: Chavo Guerrero vs. Curry Man for the ECW Title. :y:

God, I would love that.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Guerrero vs. Hardy doesn't sound too bad, either. Maybe they are actually planning on giving Jeff Hardy the ECW Title, because they don't have the balls to give him the WWE belt.

KingofOldSchool
01-23-2008, 12:24 AM
I agree that he doesn't seem like the most likely winner, but I'm thinking maybe the WWE has come to appreciate how to actually back up the claim that "anyone can win!" they need to have "anyone" win at least once. I certainly won't be betting on it as the likely outcome.

Anyone CAN win.

Anyone named Undertaker or Triple H.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Anyone CAN win.

Anyone named Undertaker or Triple H.

:lol:

Heros Welcome
01-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Being a HUGE Punk mark, I gotta say that I do like your idea KoOS. I find it to make perfect sense for a NWO feud and it elevates Punk to a newer level and a full time move to SD should be in the works.

But ever since Noid posted his ideas on a Punk Edge mania feud like a week ago, I haven't be able to get it out of my head, especially after what has gone down the last week. Do I think Punk could win the rumble? I would love it, but the odds are very very slim, but with Noid talking on the drug free aspect and making him a main attraction on the biggest show after a rough year with all the steroid talk and "that guy".

Whatever happens in the end, I believe Punk is on his way up the card, slowly but surely.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 02:29 AM
Whatever happens in the end, I believe Punk is on his way up the card, slowly but surely.

That's the important thing. :y:

Juan
01-25-2008, 03:36 AM
I'd love a CM Punk/Edge program, but to be honest, i think ECW needs CM Punk. If Punk moves to SD! who's gonna the star of ECW? Chavo?

darkpower
01-25-2008, 05:28 AM

Which means that in the draft he'll go to raw in order to "add" to the already top-heavy roster there, and then he'll suddenly start to falter for what seems like absolutely no reason.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I'd love a CM Punk/Edge program, but to be honest, i think ECW needs CM Punk. If Punk moves to SD! who's gonna the star of ECW? Chavo?

Personally, I think if CM Punk was moved to SmackDown! to feud with Edge, then Rey Mysterio would be best suited to move to SmackDown! and feud with Chavo. Those two have good matches in their sleep, and their feud is really quite intense. It's a rivalry that's sort of been around for years, and has evolved, become more personal, to the point where they have tried to end each other's careers.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio for the ECW Championship at WrestleMania XXIV would be a fitting first defence of the ECW Title at a WrestleMania.

KingofOldSchool
01-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio for the ECW Championship at WrestleMania XXIV would be a fitting first defence of the ECW Title at a WrestleMania.

Edge/Taker feels like something you'd get anywhere. The main event of No Way Out, for example. CM Punk is not the biggest star in the world, but I'm much more interesting in seeing him face Edge, and I think it would be a lot more special.

So you said Taker/Edge would be something we would get anywhere as a reason not to have the match at Mania, yet you want CHAVO GUERRERO VS. REY MYSTERIO at Mania? A match that we've seen 500 million times on TV and PPV already mind you.

Come on.

Mr. Nerfect
01-26-2008, 12:58 AM
So you said Taker/Edge would be something we would get anywhere as a reason not to have the match at Mania, yet you want CHAVO GUERRERO VS. REY MYSTERIO at Mania? A match that we've seen 500 million times on TV and PPV already mind you.

Come on.

Depends whether or not you count the ECW Title as a marquee match, really. I mean, it's been done heaps, but the matches have always been solid, so I wouldn't complain. Edge vs. Taker will probably be good in that way that Edge is solid and Taker rarely works these days so his body can rest kind of way, but I have no real interest in it.

My disapproval of Edge/Taker is more personal bias than anything, I will admit it.