PDA

View Full Version : shit, we're out

Avenger
03-09-2004, 04:50 PM
I am gutted

United are out. it's just one of those things.

thoughts?

The Duck
03-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Distraught.

Absolutely ****ing distraught.

I want to a kill a Portugease twat tonight - more specifically I want to kill their cunt of a manager. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed, had shite decisions against all game.

We weren't good enough to win the Champions' League this season - I can admit that. But to go out to them and the way we did.

We better do Arsenal now. I'm holding onto that hope at least.

ct2k
03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Well that was a ****in brilliant last 5 minutes.

Unlucky United i wanted them through but its not their season imo.

Also, is Ronaldo the biggest pussy ever or what?

Supreme Olajuwon
03-09-2004, 05:34 PM
lol when McCarthy got called offsides and he just boots the ball out

I thought they were gonna send him off but he only got a yellow

ct2k
03-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Also that offside decision against Scholes, what a shambles!

Y2Ant
03-09-2004, 05:49 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE BENNI MCCARTHY

road doggy dogg
03-09-2004, 05:50 PM
BENNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

:love: :love:

Cactus Sid
03-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I didn't see the whole game (first 45 minutes then my PC decided to pack up)

Yeah, they had a goal disallowed, it happens in football

But in that first half, United had so many decisions given to them that were bollocks

Good to see the underdogs going through

Y2Ant
03-09-2004, 06:52 PM
I just had a feeling they were gonna score off that free kick, especially as it was McCarthy taking it

LOL though Howard ran into the post didn't he :D

ct2k
03-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Nah i don't think they'll get the treble, they won't win the Champions Cup

Ogen
03-09-2004, 07:32 PM
They'll win the leauge thats it. United will be more up for the Cup than ever now purely to stop Arsenal having a chance at the double and Arsenal won't win the CL cause Depor will.

packt up
03-10-2004, 12:55 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PORTO :love:

Bout time Man U CONCEEDED a late minute goal. The Scholes decision was obviously bullshit but lets not talk about dodgy offside decisions eh Ruud (vs Soton) :D

So yeah Man U fans dont cry too much - you've had your fair share of luck and so on and I'm sure you'll recover COS YOU ALWAYS DO :P.
Fergie to be fair was quite gracious in his post match interview.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 04:23 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PORTO :love:

Bout time Man U CONCEEDED a late minute goal. The Scholes decision was obviously bullshit but lets not talk about dodgy offside decisions eh Ruud (vs Soton) :D

So yeah Man U fans dont cry too much - you've had your fair share of luck and so on and I'm sure you'll recover COS YOU ALWAYS DO :P.
Fergie to be fair was quite gracious in his post match interview.Although it was wrong theres a difference between a decision when you aren't flaged offside because you are like a step in front of the defender and one where you are played onside by THREE FU</>CKING PLAYERS

Mr. Monday Morning
03-10-2004, 05:07 AM
On a side note I did enjoy the Porto manager's impression of Barry Fry :D

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 05:54 AM
On a side note I did enjoy the Porto manager's impression of Barry Fry :D
Without the flab or swearwords of course:D

Mr. Monday Morning
03-10-2004, 08:01 AM
I dunno...I'm not too good at lipreading Portugese :lol:

Sephiroth
03-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah...McCarthy is tha MAN!! :love:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah...McCarthy is tha MAN!! :love:Aston Villa wanted to sign him. I think that says it all

Wengerland
03-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Wasn't the greatest of games but overall i'd say Porto probably deserved it.

Y2Ant
03-10-2004, 09:12 AM
What does that say about the united defense then :cool:

ct2k
03-10-2004, 09:17 AM
United's defense seemed pretty damn good most of the game...But yeah that doesn't count for much now.

Also why all this Benni McCarthy bullshit? He's a prick

Cactus Sid
03-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Benni did this really cool post-match interview, can't remember it exactly, but it was funny, and he ripped United a treat

Y2Ant
03-10-2004, 11:03 AM
I wanna see that

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 11:09 AM
He's Shit

Y2Ant
03-10-2004, 11:17 AM
and yet united couldn't stop him :rofl:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 11:28 AM
and yet united couldn't stop him :rofl:
Did he even kick the ball last night???

Danny Electric
03-10-2004, 11:38 AM

Lol, he looked crap last night. Out of all the times I've seen him play, I've only seen him have one good match and that was the first leg against United.
Anyway Porto were lucky last night, there manager acted like a dick and I wanted someont eo knock him out. They'll get knocked out next round.

packt up
03-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Although it was wrong theres a difference between a decision when you aren't flaged offside because you are like a step in front of the defender and one where you are played onside by THREE FU</>CKING PLAYERS

Yeah it was a terrible decision - every team has them.

Wengerland
03-10-2004, 11:59 AM
I dunno why everyone says the manager acted like a dick and stuff,all he did was show some emotion.

Danny Electric
03-10-2004, 12:12 PM
I dunno why everyone says the manager acted like a dick and stuff,all he did was show some emotion.

I didn't like the way he was acting in front of the United fans, fair play for the emotion but if someone threw something off his head he'd be the first one moaning.

Y2Ant
03-10-2004, 12:21 PM
I believe he took the free kick

You know, the one which ended up with the ball in united's net :cool:

Danny Electric
03-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I believe he took the free kick

You know, the one which ended up with the ball in united's net :cool:

His only contribution to the match. Lol.

packt up
03-10-2004, 12:55 PM
I didn't like the way he was acting in front of the United fans, fair play for the emotion but if someone threw something off his head he'd be the first one moaning.

Yeah cos throwing something at someone and showing emotion are different things.

Man U fans are quick to forget that game against Everton aren't they...

Danny Electric
03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah cos throwing something at someone and showing emotion are different things.

Man U fans are quick to forget that game against Everton aren't they...

I'm not saying that because they are different things, but he was jumping up and down like a maniac in front of the United supporters.
By the way I'm a Liverpool fan and the result last night made me happy so shut up and get your facts right.

Rob
03-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah it was a terrible decision - every team has them.

Feel free to correct me but I don't remember a goal been disallowed when 3 players played the attacker onside.

Okay so we are out. Pissed last night but big deal. You can't win them all. I was glad to see the reaction of all the non Manchester United fans though. They should look in the mirror and ask why do they complain when British people don't support their clubs in Europe.

I've got money on Arsenal not winning it so that comes into play but from now, I'm never supporting another English team in Europe. Infact, I'm very much rooting against them. Why? Spite! :D I'm a simple person :)

Danny Electric
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Feel free to correct me but I don't remember a goal been disallowed when 3 players played the attacker onside.

Okay so we are out. Pissed last night but big deal. You can't win them all. I was glad to see the reaction of all the non Manchester United fans though. They should look in the mirror and ask why do they complain when British people don't support their clubs in Europe.

I've got money on Arsenal not winning it so that comes into play but from now, I'm never supporting another English team in Europe. Infact, I'm very much rooting against them. Why? Spite! :D I'm a simple person :)

I agree with you there. How good does it look if 3 out of the 8 sides in the quarter final are english(if Arsenal get through).

Y2Ant
03-10-2004, 02:49 PM
I was glad to see the reaction of all the non Manchester United fans though. They should look in the mirror and ask why do they complain when British people don't support their clubs in Europe.
That doesn't apply to all of us though.

I don't complain about people not supporting British clubs in Europe, people can like and dislike whichever teams they want, whatever the competition.

Although I admittedly can't stand people who boo players in England matches because they play for United or whoever, but that's a different case I spose.

Rob
03-10-2004, 02:56 PM
That doesn't apply to all of us though.

I don't complain about people not supporting British clubs in Europe, people can like and dislike whichever teams they want, whatever the competition.

Although I admittedly can't stand people who boo players in England matches because they play for United or whoever, but that's a different case I spose.

You are quite correct sir. It doesn't apply to all of you. However, I'm still holding it against everyone :p

Boo your own countrys players -REAL SMART :roll:

packt up
03-10-2004, 10:01 PM

Yeah and I don't know another manager who gets away with the shit yours does.

Let's just forget all the blatent goals that have been ruled out in the past - I remember one for Bolton which could have decided whether they have gone down in the past. Or the blatent penalty by Gallas against Scarborough - the fact is everyone gets bad decisions its a fact of the game.

Who's the only manager not to do the obligated interview after a match when he throws a hissy fit? Yeah thats right Fergie. Who's the only manager who could get away without bringing the into disripute for saying Arsenal had an "Agreement" with the FA over the battle of Old Trafford oh yeah fergie. Who was got away with saying the Champions League draw was rigged when they drew Real with a fine. Oh yeah Fergie.

Man U fans may think that they are victimised or something but they aren't. So you had a bad decision don't go blaming that for your loss. Maybe if your players didn't walk away from drug tests and your keeper didn't flap at free kicks you would be in the next round.

packt up
03-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm not saying that because they are different things, but he was jumping up and down like a maniac in front of the United supporters.
By the way I'm a Liverpool fan and the result last night made me happy so shut up and get your facts right.

Did I say you were a Man U fan no so you can shut up.

His team just scored a goal in the 90th minute at Old Trafford to go through against the richest team in the world, while there's wasn't even in the top 20, and no-one gave them a chance, and he just happened to have a war of words with the opposition manager.

Yeah i expected him to sit around and not celebrate at all.

packt up
03-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Also I don't expect anyone else to support Newcastle in Europe. Rivalries in domestic competitions pervade through into other competitions. Why the hell would I support Sunderland in Europe for example (which may in fact happen MACKEM :P) when I detest them domestically.

Would Arsenal support Spurs in Europe? Would Liverpool support Man U? If an English team wins on the continent it just gives them something else to rub in the face of all their domestic rivals. Did I like it when Man U won the European Cup - no I didn't. Why? Because I don't want any team to be better than the one I support, particularly a rival team.

Booing players for England is a different matter however.

Wengerland
03-11-2004, 11:36 AM
I support any British clubs in Europe,with the only exception of rival clubs but seeing as Leicester don't have any major rivals/those who are don't look like qualifying anytime soon,i will be supporting most teams.

That said,i'll be wanting Barcelona to beat Celtic though,due to them being one of my favourite clubs.:$

Danny Electric
03-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Did I say you were a Man U fan no so you can shut up.

His team just scored a goal in the 90th minute at Old Trafford to go through against the richest team in the world, while there's wasn't even in the top 20, and no-one gave them a chance, and he just happened to have a war of words with the opposition manager.

Yeah i expected him to sit around and not celebrate at all.

The whole thing about Man Utd fans forgetting abou what happened against Everton looked like it was pointed against me, that's all.
I just didn't like the way he was jumping up and down like that in front of the United fans, he was mocking them.
It's a shame United didn't progess, even though I hate them, it's good for english football and shows the Premiership to be a stronger league.

Rob Ban Fan
03-11-2004, 12:26 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I always want English clubs to do well in Europe just because I think its good for the English game, the only time ive wanted an English team to lose in Europe was Southampton...so yeah.</font>

Rob
03-11-2004, 02:14 PM
I've actually wanted all my rivals to do well in Europe... until now.

packt up
03-11-2004, 11:03 PM
The whole thing about Man Utd fans forgetting abou what happened against Everton looked like it was pointed against me, that's all.

Yeah I can see how it could have been read that way :$ My apologies.

packt up
03-11-2004, 11:09 PM
And I guess I'm the only one who's really selfish when it comes to English clubs in europe :$. I dunno I wrote that reply slightly pissed but I still stand by it. Sure it would be a shame if no English club won the Champions league for 20 years but then I don't want an English team to win it for the next 20 years either. :meh:

I generally don't have problems with most English teams - so like I wouldn't be particularly bothered if they dropped out and I wouldn't particularly support them either.

The Mask
03-12-2004, 06:01 AM
I don't mind other english teams doing well in europe, but I sure as hell don't want them to win it :(

packt up
03-12-2004, 12:18 PM
I don't mind other english teams doing well in europe, but I sure as hell don't want them to win it :(

THANK YOU :love:

The Duck
03-12-2004, 01:19 PM
I've never supported another English side in Europe. They hate us, so why should I support them?

Arsenal vs. Chelsea.

****ing brillaint - at least one of them goes out and hopefully they kick lumps out of each other over the 2 legs.

Rob
03-12-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm rooting for Chelsea there. They won't have a chance in hell of beating Real Madrid in the next round.

ct2k
03-12-2004, 05:18 PM
So Rob, you're a scot from London who supports United?

Brilliant:D

Rob
03-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Never heard that one before :roll:

It's a long story but it's not like I just jumped on the MU bandwagon.

ct2k
03-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Never heard that one before as it happens :p