PDA

View Full Version : So there's a new member of The Age of the Fall...

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Joey Mercury made his debut with ROH and joined the stable known as "The Age of the Fall," which consists of leader Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, The Necro Butcher and Lacey. Jacobs & Black are currently the ROH World Tag Team Championship.

Just thought I'd let people know, because even though he was not a major player, Joey Mercury was a damn solid talent, and is a great coup for Ring of Honor, I believe.

Heros Welcome
01-26-2008, 02:23 AM
When Gabe said that this person had be on national TV before the first 2 people that came to mind were Matthews and Dinsmore. I was hoping that it would be Matthews since I always liked him more than Morrison and felt he had a lot of untapped potential. I'm glad he is ROH now, and hope to see him put on some very good matches.

The Lone Wolf
01-26-2008, 02:39 AM
i think that he is a good choice for the role they want him to have. he is just a solid talent that will not overstep his boundaries or overshadow anybody else.

KingofOldSchool
01-26-2008, 08:46 AM
I was hoping for U-Gene. :lol:

Mr. Pierre
01-26-2008, 06:01 PM
i think that he is a good choice for the role they want him to have. he is just a solid talent that will not overstep his boundaries or overshadow anybody else.

I agree :y:

loopydate
01-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I've enjoyed Matthews going back to his run during the waning days of ECW. He's a good fit for ROH.

Londoner
01-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Yeh i agree, i can see him fitting in well with ROH.

ron the dial
01-26-2008, 10:40 PM
He was in ROH back in 2002-03, wasn't he?

thecc
01-26-2008, 10:55 PM
He was in ROH back in 2002-03, wasn't he?Yeah, he first came in with Yorke. They also had him with special K for awhile.

Oh, and he was apart of that atrocious Jeff Hardy match.

Mr. Nerfect
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on Johnny Nitro, because that guy has improved leaps and bounds, but what really impressed me about Joey Mercury, is how he was not only better in the ring than Nitro, but was also better on the mic. He's kind of the Matt Hardy to Johnny Nitro's Jeff Hardy.

He's a great worker, underrated with the mic, and has some good size to him for an independent performer. I think he'll do great in ROH. :y:

Also, I really want to see ROH give shots to Nick Dinsmore, Rob Conway and Doug Basham. Three of the better technical wrestlers to ever come out of OVW (along with Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin and Brent Albright). They'd at least be great helping guys in the ROH Wrestling Academy.

Heros Welcome
01-27-2008, 02:48 AM
On the topic of AOTF...Last nights show there was a crowning of NEW CHAMPS in the NRC! I am very interested in where this is going to lead. My guess, Jimmy cuts a promo on how ROH kept putting them in all these Ultimate Endurances so he is going to keep on recruiting more an more people to tear ROH apart.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2008, 03:30 AM
On the topic of AOTF...Last nights show there was a crowning of NEW CHAMPS in the NRC! I am very interested in where this is going to lead. My guess, Jimmy cuts a promo on how ROH kept putting them in all these Ultimate Endurances so he is going to keep on recruiting more an more people to tear ROH apart.

Interesting. I actually read an article that correctly guessed Davey Richards & Rocky Romero would win the ROH World Tag Team Championship. The reasoning was that Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black's argument that ROH is against them does not really work if they hold gold.

I will say that ROH needs more real tag teams, STAT. Right now, all of their tag team matches seems to be made up of two-thirds of a faction. It's kind of fun, but then you realise that the factions have not been built up as effectively as they should.

I propose that ROH gets The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Johnson), The Real American Heroes (Joey Ryan & Karl Anderson), The Lords of the Ring (Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway) and whatever other quality tag teams are out and about.

Davey Richards, Rocky Romero & Roderick Strong have been sort of floundering lately, so hopefully the ROH World Tag Team Championship helps stabilise them.

Dave Youell
01-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Good for him, glad to see he's getting back on track after the whole rehab and then getting fired thing.

Vastardikai
01-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah, he first came in with Yorke. They also had him with special K for awhile.

Oh, and he was apart of that atrocious Jeff Hardy match.

Ah yes. Jeff Hardy was fucked up and was booed out of the place.

Krazy K couldn't (and still can't) wrestle his way out of a wet paper bag and was booed out of the place.

Joey Matthews was the only one being cheered. He worked the heel in that match. :nono: