PDA

View Full Version : The "black" Cock

Rollermacka
01-26-2008, 04:52 PM
I gotta say I love Owen Hart god rest his soul but dose anyone remember when he was apart of The Nation? I remember the group became a kinda black power kinda thing with Rock demanding respect, Kamma changin his name to the black-muslem Kammaalahalla or something like that, then Mark Henry and D' lo wearing the I dont know what there actually called but the black, green, red african hats and they had Owen "the Black" Hart. I never really understood it but I always thought it was funny that he was known as the "Black hart" in a pseudo black power stable.

Rob
01-26-2008, 04:57 PM
The black nation ended when Rocky kicked out Ron Simmons.

NeanderCarl
01-27-2008, 01:39 PM
There were two stages of the Nation stable.

The original Nation of Domination 1996-1998, with Faarooq, Clarence Mason, D'Lo Brown, PG-13, Crush, Ahmed Johnson, Savio Vega, Kama Mustafa, Rocky Maivia and various hangers-on... they were basically black activists, even though Crush and PG-13 were clearly white.

When The Rock became "the ruler" (and they dropped the "Domination") they became more like a group of bullies than a racially themed group, with Rock, Owen Hart, The Godfather, Mark Henry and D'Lo. (Even though ironically the group was the "blackest" it had ever been!)

Dave Youell
01-27-2008, 02:26 PM
He was called the black hart, before he joined the nation.

It was during that time that I enjoyed his work the most, as that's when he came across as a bad ass face. I used to love that music he had then. He didn't really do much around that time, but I loved the character he had

Vastardikai
01-27-2008, 05:15 PM
He became the "black hart" after Montreal. It could have been his moment to be on top of the WWF.

It didn't work for two reasons:

Shawn Micheals and Triple H.

Jura
01-27-2008, 06:44 PM
lol Who changed the title?

Mr. Aristocrat
01-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Owen was top notch. No doubt the best part of The Nation.

Kane Knight
01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
lol Who changed the title?

I'm guessing Your Hero.

Or maybe Conebone.

Zen v.W.o.
01-27-2008, 10:52 PM
It was a smart move to include him.

Adding Owen to the Nation makes them easily the top faction going..reinforces them.

Owen joining them gives him the backup he needed to fend off other DX members that kept getting involved in every match he had with HHH etc etc..

It was no longer about black power or anything like that once Faarooq got the boot.