PDA

View Full Version : How are you guys feeling about Randy Orton right now?

Anybody Thrilla
01-31-2008, 03:01 AM
I have a feeling it's a mixed reaction, but I think personally that Randy Orton has been a very good champion at press time. If nothing else, I at least expect him to win matches at this point. I'm enjoying both his ring work and his character. What do you think?

El Fangel
01-31-2008, 03:11 AM
He is alot better then 2 years ago. :y:

Xerzes
01-31-2008, 04:04 AM
Meh

Londoner
01-31-2008, 05:10 AM
Yeah hes interesting to watch atm.

D Mac
01-31-2008, 05:24 AM
Well he had a good run but it's over at No Way Out.

Dave Youell
01-31-2008, 05:28 AM
I think he could win at no way out, since he became all intense and started kicking people in the head he’s been great to watch

Juan
01-31-2008, 05:30 AM
I agree, I'm really digging RKO.

.44 Magdalene
01-31-2008, 08:13 AM
I hated him, but now Cena's back and I realize that I took Orton being champ for granted

ClockShot
01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Loving Orton right now. Doing a pretty good job as champ when Cena got his boo boo.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Had a pretty average feud with Jericho, then in my opinion a great feud with Hardy and he was getting a lot better. But now I can't really see myself enjoying a 3 week feud against Cena.

Avenger
01-31-2008, 08:25 AM
They blew the feud with Jericho but that's not really Orton's fault.

Haven't watched WWE much but I think he's good as champ with face Cena chasing for a while.

NeanderCarl
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
I've always considered Orton good-to-very good, but he's reportedly such a dick behind the scenes, and such a screwup on so many occasions, it saddens me to see WWE so desperate they give him chance after chance. He's no Shawn Michaels, in that everything backstage be forgiven, because you are too good to lose ya.

Plus the guy is so wooden, repetitive and bland on the stick that he shouldn't be the centrepiece of the company anyway. He's the figurehead, the representative of the company to the 'outside world' and he's about as charismatic as a sleeping hedgehog.

The Optimist
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
He comes off in kayfabe about as much as I figure he is in real life- undertalented, overrated, overconfident, and not bright. He hasn't been bad, but even as a champion he comes off as a loser and a cheap winner.

And seriously, he sells overrated naturally. It takes an amazing talent to be naturally overrated.

DaveBrawl
01-31-2008, 09:28 AM
I agree with the last two, he's decent at what he does, but he's just so boring.

Dorkchop
01-31-2008, 09:56 AM
I think he's decent. If this was 1999, he'd probably be pretty entertaining in the IC division.

Xero
01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
He is alot better then 2 years ago. :y:

Yeah, he's added a few rest holds to his moveset.

Jura
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm indifferent towards him except when he does a good RKO.

thedamndest
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
He would be better if he didn't get his ass kicked every Raw before his PPV matches. I don't mean he should blindside Matt Hardy every week, I mean it would be nice to see him get a pinfall or maybe even a submission out of one of his 600 rest holds. Also, he's not great on the mic, but I don't know that he needs to be. It's passable, but not outstanding enough to risk having the fans rally behind him and make him a face.

Heros Welcome
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
I have enjoyed Ortons run with the belt, and have no problems with the character. Though I do joke with people about the rediculous amount of rest holds, he is one of my fav things in the E right now.

Mr. Pierre
01-31-2008, 02:50 PM
I think he's been great lately. His new character was much needed, since his "cocky" persona had pretty much ran its course. And also, he never really has a bad match anymore. But one can say that's because of the talent he's facing. But anyway, I give Orton a big thumbs up :y:

IC Champion
01-31-2008, 02:54 PM
He's still bland, and boring. Not to mention his promos are terrible, but other than that he's ok I guess.

BigDaddyCool
01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
He's still bland, and boring. Not to mention his promos are terrible, but other than that he's ok I guess.

I agree with IC, execpt that Orton is a little sloppy/not in the right place for spots wrestling wise. So besides for being bland, boring, horrible promos, and not taking spots right, he is good. Plus he just doesn't have the body of a wrestler, he is just to long looking.

FourFifty
01-31-2008, 03:21 PM
I liked him better as a face.

IC Champion
01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
I forgot about that, he is constaintly out of postion/never where he should be, and he or his oppenant are gonna end up getting hurt.

BigDaddyCool
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
That and he has child bearing hips. Besides all of that, he is groovy.

RGWhat316
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Sure he is kind of bland, but I like the new character of the deadly assasin gimmick. He doesn't do much for excitement, just really intense and usually kicks ass. And it will be my ultimate mark out moment if he beats Cena at No Way Out.

The Gold Standard
01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
I like it. I like his cocky attitude works perfect with the guys he feuds with. One of my friends made a good point. He said "Orton barely has a bad match because he does mostly rest holds."

BigDaddyCool
01-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Sure he is kind of bland, but I like the new character of the deadly assasin gimmick. He doesn't do much for excitement, just really intense and usually kicks ass. And it will be my ultimate mark out moment if he beats Cena at No Way Out.

He isn't that much of an assassin, he is more a boring guy they call assassin because iceman was taken.

But it would be nice if he beat Cena.

BigDaddyCool
01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
I like it. I like his cocky attitude works perfect with the guys he feuds with. One of my friends made a good point. He said "Orton barely has a bad match because he does mostly rest holds."

He barely has a good match either.

The Optimist
02-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Sure he is kind of bland, but I like the new character of the deadly assasin gimmick. He doesn't do much for excitement, just really intense and usually kicks ass. And it will be my ultimate mark out moment if he beats Cena at No Way Out.I liked it when it was Triple H.

HTrain90
02-01-2008, 01:43 AM
I just wish RKO had gotten a clean win over Michaels. To proclaim himself the "one man dynasty" after beating HBK when HBK had a clear shot at using his kick and couldn't really didn't make me believe in Orton as a champ. Then he didn't get a clean win over Jericho, which I thought was crap. I think his character has gotten better - I didn't like the psycho-killer thing they had when he was punting people's heads, but now that he's got his arrogance back into his character (like Evolution days almost) I'm starting to like him more.

And the clean win over Jeff helped a lot. It's just too bad he's done at No Way Out.

Stickman
02-01-2008, 01:34 PM
He's doing the best with what's been given to him. The writers aren't helping him.

Mr. JL
02-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm feeling that he's going to get run over by Cena at No Way Out.

James Steele
02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
He still sucks.

The Optimist
02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
He still sucks.The man's got a good point.

James Steele
02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I think I am one of the only people who realized he sucked back when he was carried by Triple H, Ric Flair, and Mick Foley. Randy Orton has no charisma, no in-ring ability, and no common sense.

Xerzes
02-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I think I am one of the only people who realized he sucked back when he was carried by Triple H, Ric Flair, and Mick Foley. Randy Orton has no charisma, no in-ring ability, and no common sense.

We knew.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Randy Orton is nowhere near great. Neither is John Cena. That is why I am happy Orton vs. Cena is not the main event.

I think the most exciting thing the WWE can do with Orton at WrestleMania, is have him face Matt Hardy. It takes one-half of the most exciting SmackDown! feud of the year, and puts it against one-half of the most exciting RAW feud of the year, plus there is justification there.

El Fangel
02-02-2008, 01:37 AM
I like Orton alot more now, he is just a good heel, fans like to hate him, but he can work as a face, although his look clearly is heelish.

I can see after HHH leaves the company (or wrestling anyways) Orton being among the heel leaders, he has the charisma to be a heel, and the blatant cockiness is a nice asset.

YOUR Hero
02-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Cowboy Bob

DAMN iNATOR
02-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I’m still holding out hope of a Jeff/Orton title match at Mania, however slim or non-existent said chances may be.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I’m still holding out hope of a Jeff/Orton title match at Mania, however slim or non-existent said chances may be.

There's a VERY good chance of that happening.

If, by title match, you mean Intercontinental title match.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
I could see Triple H turning heel on Cena at No Way Out in an attempt to cost him the match, and Jeff making the save and, in turn, costing Orton the title.

Then, Orton wants revenge for Jeff costing him the belt by taking Hardy's belt away from him in return. Hey presto, Hardy vs Orton IC title match at WrestleMania, maybe Last Man Standing.

Anybody Thrilla
02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
There's a VERY good chance of that happening.

If, by title match, you mean Intercontinental title match.

C'mon, you know they don't defened the Intercontinental title at Wrestlemania anymore.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 01:07 PM
A pipe dream, I know...

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I have a feeling we will be getting John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton. Cena wins the WWE Title from Orton, Triple H wins the Elimination Chamber, and Orton cashes in his rematch for Mania.

Jeff Hardy will probably be in Money in the Bank, and I'm starting to visualise the match as being his concept. When the concept debuted, Chris Jericho introduced it in kayfabe. Then Carlito continued it. Then I think it was just confirmed the following year, without any particular wrestler to launch it. This year, I think it will be Jeff Hardy, frustrated he did not win the Elimination Chamber, asking for another Ladder Match so he can steal the show and get a title shot whenever he wants.

I'm also starting to envision the Ladder Match as being Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison vs. Finlay vs. Umaga vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane. I originally had MVP in the match, instead of Kane, but there are consistent rumours/desires to see him defend the United States Championship against Matt Hardy. Kane also usually has a place on the card, and it might as well be here.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
To me, WrestleMania is about singles matches. I don't like triple threats and the likes at WrestleMania, plus it's been overdone this decade. A triple threat, to me, is a B-level PPV main event, like a Backlash.

Remember WrestleMania 2000 where there was only ONE singles match on the entire card, and that was a women's match? Bleh.

Marc the Smark
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B8_MR6_ByA&feature=related