PDA

View Full Version : What about Raven?

NeanderCarl
01-31-2008, 08:01 AM
With the reports that Raven is released from TNA (along with Rick Steiner and Senshi) I think WWE ought to be snapping him up to add a little colour to the SmackDown broadcast team.

If they added Johnny Polo to the table, I'd start watching again tomorrow!

NeanderCarl
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't think they should have released Rick Steiner either... "The Steiner Brothers" tag team is about the only value either of them have left nowadays. They needn't bother trying to push Scott in singles again, he's washed up.

DaveBrawl
01-31-2008, 09:52 AM
I believe Scott makes a valuable middle card guy. If he slows down with his speech some he can still give excellent promos and he can still put on decent matches (his best recent were probably tag like you're saying) but I believe he could be a big player in helping the younger guys. Never have been a big fan of either Steiner though.

Dave Youell
01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Raven:

Waaaaay past his prime, WWE never used him properly and I can’t really see what they would do with him now, on TV. Maybe on ECW, but nothing note worthy.

I could see them bringing him in as a road agent though, as the guy knows how to put matches together and knows his psychology, so just get him on board for his ideas would be an asset, but he can’t stay healthy enough to work a full road schedule

Innovator
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Raven + booze + mad drugs + pen and paper = best show ever

Fox
01-31-2008, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a heel Raven go up against once-again ECW Champion CM Punk.

I could imagine the promos being solid, with Raven insisting on "Raven's Rules" matches between them. Raven could say something along the lines of "Twelve years ago, I used to be just like you, Punk. Doing anything for that belt."

Innovator
01-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Foxy's post brings me back to the Raven/Punk ROH feud...ah good times

Dave Youell
01-31-2008, 10:54 AM
That would basically be the ROH feud all over again, and Vince doesn't like using other companies idea's

Innovator
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfMpUVnRXqA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfMpUVnRXqA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Heros Welcome
01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Next to the DBD III promo, this is Punks best.

Shaggy
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
That would basically be the ROH feud all over again, and Vince doesn't like using other companies idea's

LoL....true

Innovator
01-31-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm trying to find the segment after the Dog Collar Match when Dreamer helps out Raven and pours beer on Punk

Savio
01-31-2008, 01:47 PM
raven wrestled what 1 show a year in TNA?

NeanderCarl
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Raven:

Waaaaay past his prime, WWE never used him properly and I can’t really see what they would do with him now, on TV. Maybe on ECW, but nothing note worthy.

I could see them bringing him in as a road agent though, as the guy knows how to put matches together and knows his psychology, so just get him on board for his ideas would be an asset, but he can’t stay healthy enough to work a full road schedule

I didn't say as a wrestler, I said as a commentator. His goofy, Heenan-esque commentary was always a blast.

Slow
01-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Raven is god

IC Champion
01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Raven would have alot to add backstage wise, the man is brilliant when it comes to wrestling. As for getting in the ring, he's way to out of shape, and theres not way WWE would put him on TV in a wrestling role looking the way he is.

Porcupine
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Raven would be a welcome replacement for Coach on Smackdown.

NeanderCarl
01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Raven would be a welcome replacement for Coach on Smackdown.

Precisely.

BigDaddyCool
01-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Raven's ablilities are largely over rated. That being said, him or Nash should be color commenators on Smackdown.

Dave Youell
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Raven's ablilities are largely over rated. That being said, him or Nash should be color commenators on Smackdown.

I disagree with that, he's basic in what he does, but most of it makes sense, I used to think he wasn't all that special, but after listening to his secrets of the ring volumes, I've got to say I totally changed my opinion on him and realized he was a lot better than I gave him credit for

BigDaddyCool
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
I disagree with that, he's basic in what he does, but most of it makes sense, I used to think he wasn't all that special, but after listening to his secrets of the ring volumes, I've got to say I totally changed my opinion on him and realized he was a lot better than I gave him credit for

Meh.

Mr. JL
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
I think the guy can talk a bigger game than he can actually play.

But I still enjoy watching the guy perform from time to time.