PDA

View Full Version : Wales just beat England for the second year in a row in the Rugby Six Nations

NeanderCarl
02-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Whoooo.

Second year in a row. We just beat the runners-up of the World Cup.

26 - 19

NeanderCarl
02-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Where's Team Sheep when you need him?

Rob
02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I turned off at half time too and forgot to turn back. Damn! I would have enjoyed this.

Team Sheep
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/10ib94w.jpg

FUCK YEHHH!!!

The pub went crazzzzy. Aha. We got fucking killed for 60 minutes but hung on by a thread somehow. Final quarter was amazing and our ball control to kill the clock in the last 10 was superb.

GRAND SLAM AGAIN?!

Renaissance man
02-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Nothing like the poms losing to make a weekend special

Team Sheep
02-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Now to beat Italy, Scotland and France at home then Ireland's Dad's army at Dublin. Eeeasy. :)

I've probably just jinxed us now but whatever.

Rob
02-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah Scotland will kill you. Typically, we'll beat you and lose every other game.

Londoner
02-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Lets see how wales cope against better teams who dont need to make stupid changes at half time. :)

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I can't say I'm confident for a grand slam... we usually seem to either have a really rough Six Nations, losing nearly or all the games, or we seem to beat the big teams (England, France) and lose to the lesser teams (Scotland, Italy). Ireland is always a wild card, you never know what you're getting with them.

ct2k
02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Pity you can't beat us in a sport that matters ie football:roll:

Londoner
02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah ct2k, exactly.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Rugby is a man's sport.

Footballers spent the entire match pretending they're hurt, rugby players spend the entire match pretending they aren't.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm thinking James Hook is slowly becoming the most hated man in England....

#BROKEN Hasney
02-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I hope England lose every game, then we start playing some real rugby instead of the shite result grinding I'm used to watching.

Also, I doubt any rugby player is becoming the most hated man in England. Say that name to anyones face and get a puzzled look in return (unless it was during a world cup.)

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
It's just that Hook has been probably the most valuable player now the last two times we beat England. It's gotta be embarrassing for the arrogant fuckers to keep losing to the "lesser" Wales.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I hate watching England play, and have done for probably a decade. They play safe, boring, power-based rugby that sends me to sleep.

To put things into a wrestling perspective, as this is a wrestling site after all... England are like the John Cena of rugby... powerful and strong, yet boring and resented by real fans, but always fucking winning.

Wales, on the other hand, are the Ric Flairs of rugby. Formerly the best in the world, but now struggling, with glimmers of the former glory sometimes shining through, but losses rack up more often than wins nowadays.

Hey maybe somebody should turn to Wales and say "next time you lose, you've all got to retire"... might have a bit of a streak then.

Team Sheep
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Football? How does that count and rugby doesn't? Bet you weren't sayng that in October were you ;)

Doesn't it feel so good to have beaten England in the 6 Nations 3 times in the last 4 years? :)

As for the Grand Slam, well I'm totally confident about Scotland next week after what I just watched from then. Italy at home SHOULD be a banker. Well not a banker as such, as they can be a force these days but shouldn't be expecting anything other than a win. France looked tasty today, though that could have been beginners luck for those young guys against a really poor Scottish team. I think that one will be a bit of a coin toss in Cardiff. And yeah I agree us and Ireland is usually pretty 50/50. But that team is ageing badly, and looked so average on Saturday.

I'd say we've accomplished the hardest obstacle, beating the world cup runners up in a place we haven't won at for 20 years. Interesting to see how it all plays out from here. Whatever happens though I'm sure we'll be in the running till the end.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Don't speak too soon. Wales looked very shaky right up until the last 20 minutes. If they can perform the way they did in the second half for an entire game, we'll be in the running. Otherwise, we're fucked.

One problem has been addressed though... ever since I can remember, Wales have always been deflated and lost confidence after a poor start. As soon as they start losing, there's no coming back. Now, they seem to maintain the motivation and determination even when trailing behind. That's a very good start under the new coach.

Team Sheep
02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah that was nice to see. And also if we do go ahead in a game and we're winning at half time we tend to lose it then at about the 60 minute mark and goes all pair shaped from there. Nice to see that we were able to gain the advantage at the end of a game and nick it, just like so many teams have done to us before.

WestNZ
02-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Footballers spent the entire match pretending they're hurt, rugby players spend the entire match pretending they aren't.

too true, rugby rocks

Now, as for the Wales - England game, just amazing, but its a pity that england could not take full advantage of all their oppurtunities.

Londoner
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Carl how the fuck are england like the Cena of rugby??? Cena always wins, we dont! :p

Bad Company
02-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Well I'm sure you've raised Wilkinson and Dallaglio from the dead a few times ;)