PDA

View Full Version : Punk's pop?

Ruien
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Okay I see the joke everywhere, what happened with Punk and him getting a huge pop? Or maybe no pop at all?

ron the dial
02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bjihEND7yHw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bjihEND7yHw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

somewhere after the 3 minute mark

Heros Welcome
02-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Around 4:15 in the vid.

Lock Jaw
02-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I thought this was gonna be a thread about Pepsi.

Xero
02-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Coke > Pepsi

Do Straight Edge like Pepsi only because Coke used to be made with cocaine?

Because everyone knows Coke blows Pepsi out of the water.

ozzman6669
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Pepsi is better than Coke!!!!!

Chavo Classic
02-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Moutain Dew blah blah blah Dr Pepper blah blah blah

There!... I just saved us all from the next 23 posts.

Xero
02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Chili Peppers > Green Peppers.

Because, you know, that's how far threads can get off topic here.

Mostly thanks to me, too.

James Steele
02-03-2008, 02:37 PM
They chanted his name in Philly. That is hard to do.

Xero
02-03-2008, 02:39 PM
It was in Philly.

BigDaddyCool
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Meh.

Kane Knight
02-03-2008, 10:29 PM
He outpopped Jesus Christ himself!

ron the dial
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
They chanted his name in Philly. That is hard to do.
Not for an indy darling.

Kane Knight
02-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I assumed Steele was being sarcastic.

ron the dial
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
i'm not familiar with wrestling forum posters :o

Xero
02-09-2008, 07:34 PM
You're obviously not familiar with sarcasm at all.

ron the dial
02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
shut the fuck up

Xero
02-09-2008, 07:43 PM
yu tell me dat ron?

ron the dial
02-09-2008, 07:45 PM
i'm not sure if that was an attempt at humor. i must not get that either.

or you're not funny. oh, that's it.

Xero
02-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Who said I was being funny?

ron the dial
02-09-2008, 07:47 PM
exactly

addy2hotty
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I loved CM Punk's new catchphrase in this clip - the fans loved it.

Kane Knight
04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Okay I see the joke everywhere, what happened with Punk and him getting a huge pop? Or maybe no pop at all?

It's mostly a "joke" because it's really disingenuous to say that CM Punk outpopped DX. It's precipitated on a rather phony notion. I even notice that the Youtube videos of the event are generally carefully framed.

But the major points:

CM Punk wasn't in competition with DX, so to say he outpopped DX is kind of, well, stupid.
Punk got his name chanted...After the crowd fucking exploded for DX. At Michaels/Hunter's "command," you can see almost the entire crowd jump to its feet and cheer. In fact, the clear visible response rules out any real possibility of the response being dubbed. So he didn't really outpop DX, at best, he stood as a contemporary and a second choice.
Based on the above, it'd be easy enough to say that Punk was riding an already hot crowd, which is definitely true. He did NOT get that kind of response when he first came out, before DX. Punk gets a single big pop which is largely an estrogen pop, and then nothing that outdoes the Hardyz, let alone DX. That's not to say that the chanting wasn't impressive, but...
We're talking about an incredibly smart city which was considered Punk's "backyard," albeit not his hometown.It's mostly that in relation to the claim, the facts make it look stupid as fuck, but then, it was a statement made by Noid, who I'm convinced is a 13 year old girl just discovering herself sexually. It would explain why he gets so tingly for Punk.

ron the dial
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
how is this still being talked about

Kane Knight
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Noid outpopped Weapon X.

ron the dial
04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
It's mostly a "joke" because it's really disingenuous to say that Noid outpopped Weapon X. It's precipitated on a rather phony notion. I even notice that the quotes are selected in a rather biased manner.

But the major points:

Noid wasn't in competition with Weapon X, so to say he outpopped Weapon X is kind of, well, stupid.
Noid got his name chanted...After the crowd fucking exploded for Weapon X. At WeX's "command," you can see almost the entire crowd jump to its feet and cheer. In fact, the clear visible response rules out any real possibility of the response being dubbed. So he didn't really outpop Weapon X, at best, he stood as a contemporary and a second choice.
Based on the above, it'd be easy enough to say that Noid was riding an already hot crowd, which is definitely true. He did NOT get that kind of response when he first came out, before Weapon X. Punk gets a single big pop which is largely an estrogen pop, and then nothing that outdoes BigDaddyCool, let alone Weapon X. That's not to say that the chanting wasn't impressive, but...
We're talking about an incredibly smart forum which was considered Noid's "backyard," albeit not his hometown.It's mostly that in relation to the claim, the facts make it look stupid as fuck, but then, it was a statement made by Kane Knight, who I'm convinced is a 35 year old furfag wildly fapping to furry CP. It would explain why he gets so tingly for Noid.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I loved CM Punk's new catchphrase in this clip - the fans loved it.

Yeah, they certainly weren't cheering the guy saying it. :-\

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
It's mostly a "joke" because it's really disingenuous to say that CM Punk outpopped DX. It's precipitated on a rather phony notion. I even notice that the Youtube videos of the event are generally carefully framed.

But the major points:

CM Punk wasn't in competition with DX, so to say he outpopped DX is kind of, well, stupid.
Punk got his name chanted...After the crowd fucking exploded for DX. At Michaels/Hunter's "command," you can see almost the entire crowd jump to its feet and cheer. In fact, the clear visible response rules out any real possibility of the response being dubbed. So he didn't really outpop DX, at best, he stood as a contemporary and a second choice.
Based on the above, it'd be easy enough to say that Punk was riding an already hot crowd, which is definitely true. He did NOT get that kind of response when he first came out, before DX. Punk gets a single big pop which is largely an estrogen pop, and then nothing that outdoes the Hardyz, let alone DX. That's not to say that the chanting wasn't impressive, but...
We're talking about an incredibly smart city which was considered Punk's "backyard," albeit not his hometown.It's mostly that in relation to the claim, the facts make it look stupid as fuck, but then, it was a statement made by Noid, who I'm convinced is a 13 year old girl just discovering herself sexually. It would explain why he gets so tingly for Punk.

Actually, I didn't make the original statement. Pretty much everyone watching the PPV did. It's basically you and addy who disagree.

Let's say two faces come out, and they are tag team partners. One gets a massive pop, and the other gets booed. That's not what happened here, but are you saying it's stupid to say one person got a better reaction than the other. Right...

And the fans didn't get up when CM Punk, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy pointed to them? I do recall D-Generation X seemingly getting the better pop upon extrance, but *gasp* maybe it was piped in? Honestly, though, the initial pop may have been bigger for DX, but then people might have thought "fuck, we didn't give CM Punk something that big, and we like him more."

Shawn Michaels once came out on RAW recently, and got absolutely nothing from the crowd. It was like fucking dead. Is it fair to say he is not over? Punk was the first one out for that match, I believe. It is fair to say that Punk got the smallest entrance pop, and you can say he was riding the hot wave, but the other entrances could have built off Punk's pop, too. The end result is probably the best to judge by, and on that night, Punk was the guy the fans' chose. It may not have happened anywhere else, but that's not the point people chose to make.

Damn right the chant was impressive. Sure, it was a smark city, with smark fans, who are familiar with CM Punk, but no one has argued against that. The fact of the matter is this: The fans were chanting "CM Punk" once everyone got to the ring. DX entrance pop or not, if they were more over in Philly than Punk, you'd think that the ratio of DX-Punk cheers would have remained the same. It didn't.

TerranRich
04-10-2008, 05:23 PM
...but then, it was a statement made by Noid, who I'm convinced is a 13 year old girl just discovering herself sexually. It would explain why he gets so tingly for Punk.

And with that statement, you make your entire post sound idiotic. Enough with the ad hominem arguments, k? I think there are better ways to argue than to attack the person himself.

The Mackem
04-10-2008, 05:39 PM
First time I've seen that video

Kane Knight
04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
It's basically you and addy who disagree.

Lyyyyying...

Afterlife
04-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Actually, I didn't make the original statement. Pretty much everyone watching the PPV did. It's basically you and addy who disagree.

Don't you get tired of saying that? I'm not saying you're wrong, mind you. I'm just curious. Personally, I can only repeat myself so many times before I just give up and let people promote their own downfall.

Afterlife
04-17-2008, 03:00 AM
And with that statement, you make your entire post sound idiotic. Enough with the ad hominem arguments, k? I think there are better ways to argue than to attack the person himself.

Sure. Then tell Triple H "no more pedigree".

Jeritron
04-17-2008, 04:47 AM
I don't think it would have been a terrible idea for that team to just run as DX for a while

Destor
04-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Saying Punk didn't get the loudest ovation or the most attention from the crowd during that match is a joke. Can't believe anyone would argue against it but here we are, week after week.

And I don't see why people argue with KK over this no less. Every chance he gets he says he can't stand CM Punk, he's just trying to take away this pretty impressive moment from him. It's a pointless attack from someone who openly hates him that has no ground to stand on. Why bother arguing? he's not right, he doesn't even have a hint of right in his argument. Punks ovation was massive. End of. they we're cheering Punk while HBM was pinning Knox. End of. Noting can change that.

Bit of a joke that you all would waste your time with someting so full of shit.

Destor
04-17-2008, 06:08 AM
And this many times no less.

Afterlife
04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Destor, regardless of the fact that he deserves it now.

TerranRich
04-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Saying Punk didn't get the loudest ovation or the most attention from the crowd during that match is a joke. Can't believe anyone would argue against it but here we are, week after week.

And I don't see why people argue with KK over this no less. Every chance he gets he says he can't stand CM Punk, he's just trying to take away this pretty impressive moment from him. It's a pointless attack from someone who openly hates him that has no ground to stand on. Why bother arguing? he's not right, he doesn't even have a hint of right in his argument. Punks ovation was massive. End of. they we're cheering Punk while HBM was pinning Knox. End of. Noting can change that.

Bit of a joke that you all would waste your time with someting so full of shit.

KK just likes to argue. It makes him feel better about himself.

Afterlife
04-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Maybe he should enter a John Candy Look Alike contest. It always feels nice to legitimately win something.

TerranRich
04-19-2008, 09:29 AM
After watching that video, it sounds to me like CM Punk had a slightly louder pop than DX or Matt Hardy. But only slightly.

And Punk's subsequent chant does mean something, despite what KK desperately wants to believe.

Afterlife
04-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Rather, what KK desperately wants everyone else to believe.

TerranRich
04-19-2008, 11:13 PM
"Oh, that pop and chant don't matter! You're silly if you believe that! Don't believe your ears, believe in my complete bullshit!"

Afterlife
04-20-2008, 04:10 AM
"Oh, that pop and chant don't matter! You're silly if you believe that! Don't believe your ears, believe in my complete bullshit! Or else, you're stupid."

Fixed. :lol:

TerranRich
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Oh yeah! Forgot about that.

Argue for the sole purpose of flaming and trolling, insult, and repeat.

addy2hotty
04-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, they certainly weren't cheering the guy saying it. :-\

Noid, Bastion fucking Booger himself could have said that and got his name cheered.

Hey, didn't DX start a chant for Snitsky??

SNITSKY KILLED A BABY AND STILL OUTPOPPED DX!!

Afterlife
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah...but it wasn't his fault.