PDA

View Full Version : It seems like it may be official

Blue Demon
03-10-2004, 12:33 PM
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2004/1078938591.shtml

Brock is most likely leaving WWE after WrestleMania and his match with Goldberg could be his last.

Loose Cannon
03-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Holy Sh**, what the fk is he doing. Wow, I can't believe this. So, who the hell is going to win at Mania now?

AareDub
03-10-2004, 12:38 PM
I almost want to believe that this is something that they're just putting out there so people will still wonder who is going to win the Lesnar/Goldberg match. Maybe something just to throw off the smarks? Probably not, but it was an interesting thought.

John la Rock
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
I think it's all rumors. I think Brock will stay

Loose Cannon
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
I almost want to believe that this is something that they're just putting out there so people will still wonder who is going to win the Lesnar/Goldberg match. Maybe something just to throw off the smarks? Probably not, but it was an interesting thought.

Yeah, I just had the same thought in my head right now. If so, it's a pretty smart move by the WWE.

Sephiroth
03-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Man...that would really suck...i really hope it ain't true, i said it before Goldberg leaving nobody will care but Lesnar leaving would pretty much kill the WWE.

Splaya
03-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Shocking News: Real Reason For Lesnar Leaving; Joining NFL?
Story By: Niel Stephens
March 10, 2004

As we reported earlier, Brock Lesnar announced yesterday that he will be leaving WWE after his final match for the company this Sunday at WrestleMania. Lesnar was said to have stood up infront of all the Smackdown! Talent yesterday at the pre-show talent meeting where he announced the news of his departure from the company and the fact that he would like to pursue a career in the National Football League.

From what we?ve heard, Lesnar informed everyone at the meeting that he was feeling miserable in the business. He said that it wasn?t a reflection on the business, but he personally could not find happiness whilst working for the company.

He publically thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross and Gerry Brisco "for finding me in college,". He also made another special thank you to two other members of the Smackdown! Brand who he?d worked with on many occasions - Big Show & Paul Heyman. He also told the crew that he wouldn?t return to the company, and wished everyone well. Lesnar was said to be very emotional at this point.

This shocking announcement was said to bring mix reactions from people in the company. Some felt that it opened opportunities for other members of the company where as others felt differently.
No matter which way you look at this shocking news, WWE is losing one of their elite wrestlers. Even though Lesnar has said he wont return to the business, never say never is what I say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys read that carefully it states that Lesnar said no matter what he will not return to the company.

With Lesnar now gone, does this open up the opportunity for Goldberg to emerge as the new guy on SD? And what does this do for the match at WMXX??? I see a double stunner and Austin counting them both down on the ring 1.......2........3. Similar to what he did when it was him special guest ref for the Taker Vs Kane match that Austin had to ref or he was fired.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 01:05 PM
could just be a huge swerve by lesnar and the wwe, Heres hoping

Sephiroth
03-10-2004, 01:07 PM
could just be a huge swerve by lesnar and the wwe, Heres hoping

And here is me helping you hope * gets down on his knees and starts praying *

AareDub
03-10-2004, 01:27 PM
If anybody was going to do a big swerve on the internet community I'd expect it to be Brock. Maybe this was his idea of how to get to us without personally "killing" us :lol:

Savio
03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
We haven't seen the last of him in wrestling. Be it a year or 2 he will be back

Hired Hitman
03-10-2004, 01:47 PM
the National Football League... HAHAHAHAHA, Personally I CAN NOT see Brock leaving. and there are too many "and he also" in that report.

Rob
03-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Well Meltzer reported he quit and he is usually very reliable so I'm believing it. He hasn't been happy for a while in the company now.

If he doesn't change his mind by Sunday, they would be morons NOT to put Bill Goldberg over.

The Duck
03-10-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm stunned. Seriously this will be a huge loss for WWE. Lesnar had the potential to be a huge star for the company and in my mind, he was beginning to come into his own as a more talented player.

I doubt it's a swerve, I really doubt it.

Loose Cannon
03-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Well Meltzer reported he quit and he is usually very reliable so I'm believing it. He hasn't been happy for a while in the company now.

If he doesn't change his mind by Sunday, they would be morons NOT to put Bill Goldberg over.

Ah Shi**, I was waiting for you or CyNick to come on here and tell us this was all a bunch of bull. Dammit.

The Duck
03-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Any smarks in the crowd as MSG may respond interestingly to this. If news gets around like it could Lesnar and Goldberg's receptions could be really interesting.

downsider
03-10-2004, 02:01 PM
I thought he was going to try the NFL

Ricky
03-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Stone Cold will probably go over both of them at Wrestlemania by counting them both out, like he did before to Undertaker and Kane.

ColdwaVer
03-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Na na nah nah... na na nah nah... hey hey hey... GO FU</>CK YOURSELF Brock.

As the Rock said a few years back... anybody who doesn't want to be there... GET THE F OUT.

Loose Cannon
03-10-2004, 02:10 PM
I can just hear the "SELLOUTS" Chants now at the Garden.

Savio
03-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Atleast now we don't know who's gonna win.

Rock Bottom
03-10-2004, 02:31 PM
No contest. Austin stuns the sh</>it out of the both of them to send them packing. If they are indeed walking, this is my prediction.

Rock Bottom
03-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Damn Shame Brock is leaving *if* this is true. I think they screwed up big time with him. Not entirely their fault, but... Hey.

EazyMack
03-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Aw man, dammit. He's the biggest reason I bother to watch SmackDown. This sucks.

Rob
03-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Ah Shi**, I was waiting for you or CyNick to come on here and tell us this was all a bunch of bull. Dammit.

It could be still but I doubt it. I haven't had what happened backstage confirmed to me yet but I do believe it. Could all be a work too.

MVP
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
http://www.prowrestling.com

Article is on the front page. Maybe the story isn't as false as we think. :'(

Savio
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
This will an opening for more rookies.....[But] I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Splaya
03-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Stone Cold will probably go over both of them at Wrestlemania by counting them both out, like he did before to Undertaker and Kane.

See my above post because I already mentioned that there, Rick.

Rock Bottom
03-10-2004, 03:27 PM
See my above post because I already mentioned that there, Rick.

LoL, I thought that was part of your sig... But in any event I concur. A pair of stunners.

RGWhat316
03-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Well, I hope this isn't true, and part of me thinks its not. Wasn't it that we heard that Brock was one that really did not want possible storylines to leak out. So if everyone knows about this, maybe it is a swerve, but if not :(

Stickman
03-10-2004, 03:54 PM
If Goldberg and Brock are leaving, expect their match at Mania to be a stink fest.

Vega
03-10-2004, 04:14 PM
I don't care, never really liked Lesner that much.

Vega
03-10-2004, 04:15 PM
This could be an opportunity to bring the "Old Stone Cold" back and he could kick both Goldberg and Lesner's asses saying he didn't like either of them and retired them both.

KingofOldSchool
03-10-2004, 04:22 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lesnar has and always will suck.

Corkscrewed
03-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Wow, I've read shockers and more shockers today (well, in various sorts of news... if you live in Ohio, the other shocker is that Cedar Fair, owners of Cedar Point, bought Six Flags Worlds of Adventure today and is turning it back to Geauga Lake).

Anyway, I hope this is a huge swerve, but it'd be a huge loss if Lesnar left. He's still darn popular, and I've always liked him. I don't know who will win now, but maybe it will be no contest.

If it's just an internet swerve, this would be the coolest thing WWE has done in a while.

Mr. JL
03-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Why do I just not care?

Savio
03-10-2004, 04:34 PM
:lol: I told mad people in AIM He was quitting and now look how many guests are here.

Mister Sinister
03-10-2004, 04:41 PM
I got an Idea....that Loose Cannon will mark out Wildly for.

After the Match.....Randy Orton runs down and hits RKO's on the stage onto Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar, saying he was the man who ran off the Legend of Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar....

Corkscrewed
03-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Now THAT would be awesome. I mean, he'd finally be able to kill a legend. Plus, if Evolution beats Rock and Foley (Flair would prolly be injured in the match too to explain his neck, if that's true), he could claim that ON THE BIGGEST STAGE OF THEM ALL... he killed FOUR legends. :cool:

*puts on protective-against-Loose-Cannon-semen goggles*

Loose Cannon
03-10-2004, 04:52 PM
^^^ :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

And then if there is some sort of a Hall OF Fame ceremony at the end, he can come down and RKO a bunch of more Legends bringing the total to like 10. 10 LEGENDS KILLED BY ORTON ON WRESTLEMANIA 20. HOLY Markout Fest

The Duck
03-10-2004, 05:00 PM
I'd LOVE it if they jumped RVD over to Smackdown! to fill the void. Now that would be a positive out of a negative (at least for me :))

Rob
03-10-2004, 05:16 PM
That isn't a bad idea at all.

Rock Bottom
03-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Randy Orton is not going to be winning at 'Mania, folks.

Savio
03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I think flairs getting pinned

The CyNick
03-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I think RVD was moving to SD anyway.

The problem with Lesnar going is that he's a heel. SD really only has one big time heel in Angle, and then Show if you count him. We've talked about turning RVD heel, which I dont think will work but who knows?

Kane has been mentioned, which makes sense so he can fued with Taker.

Aside from that, I dont know maybe everyone her can wet themselves when they give a huge push to Ohaire

Evil Vito
03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Well, there goes the pain.</font>

Loose Cannon
03-10-2004, 05:58 PM
give a huge push to Ohaire

:eek: :eek:

KingofOldSchool
03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Pffft.

We all know the solution...turn Bradshaw heel.

Tornado
03-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Well, there goes the pain.

LOL, I dont know why I found that SO funny.....

Loose Cannon
03-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Check this Out. Credit Wrestleview.com

The official website for Fox Sports has mentioned the recent situation involving Brock Lesnar possibly leaving the WWE for the NFL. The article notes how Lesnar received offers from both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins in 2000 when he won the NCAA wrestling championship. Lesnar turned down those offers when he signed with the WWE in August of 2000.

HMM, non-wrestling sites are mentioning the story. I guess I got to believe it now. OR....Is Fox Sports in on the whole Lesnar/McMahon swerve on the internet fans too? Conspiricy I tell you.

Kane Knight
03-10-2004, 06:42 PM
I love the notion of him in the NFL.

Maybe he can feud with "He Hate Me."

(Disclaimer: I haven't read more than 4 posts in this thread. If this has been said before, I don't really care. :p)

Hired Hitman
03-10-2004, 07:00 PM
.. I think The WWE Spread this rumour and even "sold" it by acting like it has happened to prove just how reliable the internet really is... :shifty:

The Naitch
03-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Na na nah nah... na na nah nah... hey hey hey... GO FU</>CK YOURSELF Brock.

As the Rock said a few years back... anybody who doesn't want to be there... GET THE F OUT.

Fox
03-10-2004, 08:11 PM
That sucks.

Luckily, I always thought Brock Lesnar was totally over rated, so I'm not that disappointed.

M-A-G
03-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Don't let the door hit you on your ass Lesnar. I'm not going to go on a long tirade cause I'm sure that statement alone sums up my feeling but it's no big loss considering he was no big gain to begin with.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Personally I'm a huge Lesnar fan, so it sucks for me.

My question is why do you all make Brock seem like an asshole? I mean yeah, he doesn't want to job to Taker. Bret didn't want to job to Shawn but you didn't care about that. Brock's done a great job of putting people over in my opinion, so i don't understand some of you having a problem with the guy.

Good Ol JG
03-10-2004, 09:57 PM
I tell ya, as soon as I start liking Lesnar, even just a little bit, he bolts. What the hell is that crap? Anyway, I think it sucks cause he was finally starting to grasp the art of wrestling and not just going out there and annihilating people every week. I do see his point about not jobbing to 'Taker cause I think at this stage of his career 'Taker doesn't need people being fed to him, deadman or not. But going to the NFL? I don't think Lesnar will cut it there. I don't think this is a work, but anything is impossible I guess.

Mr. JL
03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
My Top 5 Fav. matches put on by Brock Lesnar

5. His match against RVD on RAW!
4. His match with Benoit on SD!
3. SD match with the Superplex on the Big Show!
2. Matches against the Big Show at Survivor, Rumble & Judgment Day
1. Wrestle Mania XIX against Angle! Shooting Star...

The Naitch
03-10-2004, 10:48 PM
imagine Brock's run doesn't go as plan in the NFL, then he quits that too, then comes crawling back to the WWE. That would be the perfect time to bring back Ultimate warrior, then Brock can job to him at a Wrestlemania in a 2 minute match

Kane Knight
03-10-2004, 11:14 PM
And now we understand why Austin refused to job to him. You stupid smarks thought that he was selfish, but he was trying to save the industry from losing big when Brock quit...

Kane Knight
03-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Which he somehow predicted...

Draven
03-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Cant say Im sad to see Brock go, ive never been of fan of his anyways. :-\

Apocolyptik1
03-11-2004, 01:06 PM
What is kinda bugging me is what the pro-football players will think about it?

Could Brock going to the NFL be like the movie Rudy, where all the football players pick on him and he has to actually make a name for himself before getting respect?

Just a thought :)

Corkscrewed
03-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Interesting thing about Lesnar and Goldberg, assuming this is true...

BILL: Mean growling hoss the fans like.
BROCK: Mean growling hoss the fans like.

BILL: Horrible promo skills
BROCK: Improving promo skills that used to be abysmal.

BILL: Had huge winning streak in WCW.
BROCK: Had huge winning streak in WWE terms.

BILL: Debuted around Wrestlemania, leaving after Wrestlemania.
BROCK: Debuted around Wrestlemania, leaving after Wrestlemania.

BILL: Became upset with personal direction of character after turning heel.
BROCK: Became upset with personal direction of character after turning heel.

BILL: Was in the NFL before coming to wrestling.
BROCK: Was in wrestling before going to the NFL.

BILL: Was majorly over as a face but started going down after turning heel.
BROCK: Was majorly over as a heel but didn't look as powerful after turning face.

BILL: 3 moves
BROCK: 3 lines

BROCK: Can't handle the travel.
BILL: Can't handle reading at an elementary level.

BILL: Nice guy in real life, prick backstage.
BROCK: Nice guy in real life, murderer on the internet.

BILL: Is a caveman.
BROCK: http://www.atributetowrestlers.com/brock-lesnar-pictures12.jpg

Rob
03-12-2004, 05:17 PM
It is true that he had offers to try out in various NFL training camps in 2000.

PureHatred
03-12-2004, 05:55 PM
NFL teams give those 'try-out' offers to a lot of guys...hell the Raiders used to regularly attend the US Olympic trials in order to get sprinters to come out and try to become wide outs. And 99.9% of the time the teams tell the guy to go home after a week because being an NFL player is more than just being a great athlete. And those offers were when Lesnar was just getting out of college. He'd no longer be considered a 'prospect' in NFL terms.

Wow...there really is no respect for what it takes to compete in the NFL. I guess if you're big and strong you'll be star. That must be why Brian Bosworth was such a star....

Rob
03-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Well the rumours here are that Dwain Chambers (British sprinter) has had offers from NFL camps too so I can believe your arguement.

Mr. JL
03-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Its hard to believe that Brock Lesnar has only been in the WWE for 2 years!

When I think about it, Brock has been in a few very good matches.

Won the King of the Ring
His little string of matches he had with Rob Van Dam were good.
Beat Ric Flair
Beat Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Defeating the Rock for the WWE title
Faced the UNdertaker in a good Hell in a Cell match
F5/Superplex/belly to belly/german suplex to the Big Show
Won the Royal Rumble
Wrestle Mania XIX against Kurt Angle. Shooting Star Press
Great match with Benoit on SD
Great match with Guerrero at NWO