PDA

View Full Version : Worst gimmick in TNA today

Rollermacka
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Who do you think as the worst gimmick in TNA today?

Bad Company
02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I made a thread about that black macho guy a while ago, he is the fucking man in the ring, but the gimmick is balls. He's better than that.

Destor
02-03-2008, 09:01 PM
tough poll

Destor
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I went with Rock 'n Rave because Jimmy Rave sucks.

Inadequacy
02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I voted Sharkboy, but I should have voted for Black reign

BigDaddyCool
02-03-2008, 09:11 PM
They are all so awful, but Kurt Angle's is pretty bad.

Inadequacy
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't see why Curryman is there, he's delicious

Theo Dious
02-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Come on. Runells' bullshit is far worse than Sharkboy, which at least SUPPOSED to be awful.

The Genius
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
it was tough. i dont know who i hate more, lance hoyt or blackreign.

Destor
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
answer: Jimmy Rave

Gerard
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Should bring in a midget wrestler whos gimmick is he likes to slide on his face.

Like this

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb145/razor_kromax/zwergenwrestling.gif

:rofl:

Xero
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Tom Brady: Janitor

You know it's coming.

Heros Welcome
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
I voted Sharkboy because it is such a blatant ripoff. But I mean everyone on that list is deserves a vote, other than Lethal.

I mean every time I see Jimmy Rave on my TV I feel like taking a bat to the screen.

Destor
02-03-2008, 11:22 PM
You dont support Curry Man?

owenbrown
02-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Where's the Don West/Mike Tenay option? :shifty:

Mr. JL
02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I voted RocknRave or whatever. They both fucking suck.

At least Lethal & Sharky are imitating ppl the fans will reconize and shit. And well, Dustin banged Terri so I'm not going to call his gimmick the gayest thing in TNA.

FourFifty
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
How about the ring itself? Or the bookers?

ron the dial
02-03-2008, 11:56 PM
lol curry man is in tna?

Heros Welcome
02-04-2008, 12:22 AM
You dont support Curry Man?

I forgot CURRYMAN was on there! I fully support him.

Dorkchop
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
As much as I don't like a lot of TNA's shitty gimmicks, my vote goes for Black Reign. I hate Rock and Rave, but right now I don't mind them on my tv because I want to see their asses get kicked (I still think they shouldn't have jobs in TNA). Where as Black Reign is just terrible and I really can't stand it at all. Not to mention he's feuding with Kaz, and Kaz is ridiculously bland.

Dorkchop
02-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Rellik, that's Killer spelled backwards.

Destor
02-04-2008, 01:00 AM
similar to Lance hoyt I dont understand how Kaz is over.

Heros Welcome
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM
similar to Lance hoyt I dont understand how Kaz is over.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GtepdFRlASU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GtepdFRlASU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I believe that is probably the main reason.

Destor
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Daniels deserves the props for that though

Destor
02-04-2008, 01:35 AM
But still with the spot marks of iMPACT zone you're probably right

Heros Welcome
02-04-2008, 01:43 AM

Fully agreee with that statement. I was shocked Daniels would take that/trust Kaz in a spot like that.

The Optimist
02-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Jay Lethal's Macho Man is pretty funny. Call me crazy, but I enjoy it and pretty much always have. It's way too forced sometime, but that happens in wrestling.

Sharkboy in general and the Austin impression in particular are again, funny to me. It needs to happen less, maybe once a month or two, but I like it every now and then or when they can come up with a good reason for a Stone Cold impression.

I haven't seen Rellik, but I hear it sucks noodles, which I find extremely dissappointing because some sources have said that it was based on elements of the Great Muda's gimmick. Additionally, Black Reign is boring and stupid. I know they're trying to make a Goldust-esque atmosphere-BUT DIFFERENT. They failed pretty bad. Funny that WWF had more grace with a situation than any other promotion, but failing in new and creative ways is sort of TNA's schtick now.

Never seen Rock & Rave together, but neither one is really notable. I could care less.

Curryman is hot when he's Christopher Daniels. A holdover from lulsy Japanese gimmicks, but really it comes down to Daniels can do whatever he wants.

Xero
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I believe that is probably the main reason.

Jesus Christ...

Heros Welcome
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Jesus Christ...

What?

Chavo Classic
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
When did they start having Ultimate X matches are ungodly heights like that!?

Rollermacka
02-04-2008, 09:15 PM
I haven't seen Rellik, but I hear it sucks noodles, which I find extremely dissappointing because some sources have said that it was based on elements of the Great Muda's gimmick.

Curryman is hot when he's Christopher Daniels. A holdover from lulsy Japanese gimmicks, but really it comes down to Daniels can do whatever he wants.

Well from what I know is that Rellik is Johnny the Bull's evil character. It is said that yes he did base it off of the Great Muda's gimmick which is why they have similar masks. I just dont see how he can be a "monster" that hasn't won a match yet. :shifty: I guess the curryman thing wont be too bad because they arent showing him every week. Still, to take a great X division wrestler like Daniels and make him a joke I dont like it.

JT
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Wrong thread

JT
02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmU1qXBfV4E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmU1qXBfV4E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Gerard
02-04-2008, 11:12 PM
http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/midget1.gif

:eek: :rofl:

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2008, 07:50 AM

Hold up. Daniels is indeed the man for taking that bump, but Kaz had to work it, too. Plus, if you are going to buy into the illusion of wrestling at all, you generally give the guy hitting a big move credit for you. Just throwing it out there.

Kaz is a TNA wrestler (he did have a cup of tea...almost literally in the WWE, but he was a TNA guy first), with some solid skills to him. I've really enjoyed most of his work, and compared to most of the old hacks in TNA, that makes him outstanding.

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Gerard, you are owning this thread.

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2008, 07:58 AM
As for which gimmick is the worst, I don't actually think any of them are particularly bad. Here me out:

Shark Boy and Jay Lethal do their impersonations well. Is it stupid? I don't know, it got Lethal pretty over and two runs with the TNA X-Division Championship. We'll see what happens with Shark Boy. It is meant to be stupid, though, so I think people are taking it way too seriously.

Rellik is a good character, I think, it's just been treated like crap by TNA. Why even bring him in if you're going to have him lose every match say bar one? Stupid, stupid, but the whole darkened serial killer thing isn't that bad.

The idea behind Black Reign itself is not bad. A second generation wrestler obsessed with death wearing silver and black paint and pretty much being insane and creepy? I've seen far worse. Dustin Rhodes just needs to hang it up.

The Rock 'n' Rave Infection are not nearly as bad as everyone makes out. Not an outstanding team, but capable of having good matches. With a gimmick, at least they have something to explain why they are together.

Curry Man is HOT! SPICY! And TASTES GREAT! He is one of the best things in the history of the universe ever.

If I had to choose the worst gimmick I could think of for TNA, it would be The Voodoo Kin Mafia. "Hey, let's insult the WWE by letting them know they're doing the same shit by doing the shame shtick we did almost ten years ago! We can even call ourselves something that doesn't even make sense, but has the initials of Vince McMahon's full name! He's going to shit himself!"

I'm sorry, but none of the gimmicks listed even come close to being as annoying as that. Also, Jim Cornette is playing a pretty annoying character. Is he even in control of his own show? Are we even meant to like him? I don't know. And Samoa Joe's new character is pretty horrible, although it did start off with promise. Why is he still with Kevin Nash? Didn't he hate Nash?

Speaking of Kevin Nash, the man is hilarious, but his current character is pretty stupid. I mean, what is it he does? He pretty much admitted to sitting around doing nothing. Now, as I said, Nash is hilarious, but can't he actually have a reason to exist?

And Sting got to be a really shitty character recently.

Dave Youell
02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Ok, who the fucks nominated Curry Man?

WHO?

And Black Reign is terrible, if that character was given to someone who was in shape and wasn't a former shadow of themselves, then maybe it would be better