PDA

View Full Version : SMiLE

Indifferent Clox
02-06-2008, 02:49 AM
What are your thoughts on this album? Did you piece together stuff before it came out? What are your thoughts on it now that it has been out for three years? What do you think about Panda Bear and his attempts to achieve similar sound? What do you think of albums like weezer's Songs From the Black Hole and others that have everyone in an uprise waiting for them to come out?

Also What do you think of Park's lyrics? Americana or too abstract?

Indifferent Clox
02-06-2008, 03:13 AM
Metacritic ( a compilation of all critics reveiws for the last few years) has this album as the most critically acclaimed album of all time.

Triple A
02-06-2008, 04:25 AM
Well, it was a Beach Boys album that Brian Wilson was working on that was supposed to be his "masterpiece" but then he kept taking tons of acid and went crazy or something so the album was never released and instead some of the songs were released on the next Beach Boys album, "Smiley Smile".

The original Beach Boys version is on the internet. It's unfinished though, like not fully produced, so the quality is not that great, but it is an amazing album. There are so many weird ass songs on it and I love that shit.

The one released a couple of years ago was Brian Wilson's re-doing of it, but he is all old now so his voice is all raspy and shit and it's not as good. Listen to the original version.

Triple A
02-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Also I don't like how everyone keeps comparing Panda Bear to Brian Wilson. It's like one person said that or something and now everyone keeps repeating it, trying to sound smart, when they probably don't even know anything about Brian Wilson.

He does sound like the Beach Boys A LITTLE I guess but if you listen to it it's completely different and it is annoying to me when people keep saying that.

Triple A
02-06-2008, 04:31 AM
ALSO the songs from Songs From A Black Hole that they are gonna release have already been released on Alone: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo

Kane Knight
02-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Also I don't like how everyone keeps comparing Panda Bear to Brian Wilson. It's like one person said that or something and now everyone keeps repeating it, trying to sound smart, when they probably don't even know anything about Brian Wilson.

He does sound like the Beach Boys A LITTLE I guess but if you listen to it it's completely different and it is annoying to me when people keep saying that.

Clox only knows what he's been told. Plus, he's trying to push Panda Bear, and this is his "subtle" way of bringing them up again.

But the rerecordings aren't as good as they once would have been. I do have to laugh that Mike Love sued Wilson over the record.

Indifferent Clox
02-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Everything Triple A said I already knew, I meant for you to discuss the album, lol.

I think the harmonic way Panda Bear does stuff on his last album is very similiar to the beach boys, tbh.

I have heard the original version, and I like the new version better.

Also what other unfinished projects are you hoping will resurface?

Kane Knight
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
You're trying to slip your other retarded shit in. Otherwise, you would have made it about the album, instead of bringing up the other stuff.

Kane Knight
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Alternatively, you failed to think things through, which I've decided is fairly likely in your case.

Indifferent Clox
02-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I have yet to read a single comment you made so you can stop posting if any of these things are directed at me. If not feel free to post.

Kane Knight
02-06-2008, 10:37 AM
I like the part where you respond to me and then tell me you're not reading what I say. This is the third time you've put me on ignore, and it sounds like you're still full of shit.

FakeLaser
02-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I like it a lot, to answer your question. Rivers Cuomo home recordings are amazing, BTW