PDA

View Full Version : Why DeerHoof Is My New Favorite Band

Indifferent Clox
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
My Itunes list contains 9 days 21 hours 27 minutes and 3 seconds worth of music. That's nearly 20gb worth of sound. I've cut back a lot of shit I did have that I don't really care for anymore, as well.

I've been constantly downloading 20 or so albums a day for the last few weeks. And I must say that I have been hearing some amazing stuff, check my last.fm I've gone from the kind of guy who'd listen to one or two artists at a time to going from one album to the next. It's a lot of stuff to listen to and I haven't even finished it all yet.

Lately, most of the time here is how I get to something: I create a new playlist and put in a lot of artists I want to listen to but can't decide between, I put it on shuffle, and I listen for a few hours, or I use party shuffle and just delete artists I don't want. If I like a song I'll listen to the whole album.

So I had made a sort of a mix of artists that I considered classified similiar, post rock if you will: Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, and Godspeed You! Black Emporer then I was reading a questionable content comic and the dude suggested listening to Animal Collective's "Banshee Beat" whilst reading, so I put that in and I was looking on my last.fm and it said similar artists, deerhoof, so I threw them in the mix along with some flaming lips, just to you know have some more diversity. First song that came on was Blue Cash.

I was hit with a watery affect of acoustic guitars and this voice.. this voice that made me close my eyes and.. I swear I was at the ocean, it was like Idosers in musical form!

I listened to that song a couple more times and decided to turn off shuffle and just listen to their album.

So while I only have 5 hours worth of deerhoof, for now it is my favorite 5 hours in all of my collection because this is how it makes me feel:

Lips lock, cityscapes pass, stars fall, creatures cutely chirp, insides sprawl, eyes bugout, monster mission accepted, tweet tweet motherfucker tweet tweet, hope rises, despair falls, again and again, following of frequencies, Idoser, I am high, I am sober, no contradictions, endless wave, surfboard, crescent shapes, I am the night sky, this music has transformed me, and I sleep.

Kane Knight
02-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I have 31 days of music on iTunes. I'm probably still an elitist, mind.

Every track on my iPod is amazing, and in the following days, I will name them all in individual topics.

Kane Knight
02-07-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL

Indifferent Clox
02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
how are there two of these?

Kane Knight
02-07-2008, 10:43 PM
You made one, then you made the other?

FakeLaser
02-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I dunno, I always thought Deerhoof was kinda overrated. I can never really get into them. Recommend me some tracks maybe.

ron the dial
02-07-2008, 11:17 PM
:n: her voice

Indifferent Clox
02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Allright

Heart Failure
Blue Cush
Sealed with a kiss
Apple Bomb
Milking
Flower
My Diamond Star Car

the whole Apple O album is pretty stellar

Indifferent Clox
02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
dog on the sidewalk is amazing to

FakeLaser
02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Will check it out when I return from the bar

Indifferent Clox
02-07-2008, 11:26 PM
bibidi babidi boo album is pretty awesome!

dummy discards heart is another amazing song

The Destroyer
02-08-2008, 02:01 AM
They're ok I suppose, the vocals are a bit of an acquired taste though.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Deerhoof are shit.