PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 24/7

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-08-2008, 08:47 AM
So how many of you here have the WWE 24/7 channel, and what do you think of it?

Is there something on there that you especially like watching or something they showed once you really liked?

Is there something you'd really like them to show on there?

watch it all the time and I really like watching the old Tuesday Night Titans (TNT) show. Classic stuff! Two of the things I wish they'd show more of, would be the Rock 'n' Wrestling cartoon (does anyone else remember that??) and The War to Settle the Score from MTV. Post your thoughts about WWE 24/7.

KingofOldSchool
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I love it, but they need to show more old Mid-Atlantic stuff, especially since they don't have access to GCW and Mid South footage.

That and they need to show old Wrestling Challenge and Superstars of Wrestling shows.

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I love it, but they need to show more old Mid-Atlantic stuff, especially since they don't have access to GCW and Mid South footage.

That and they need to show old Wrestling Challenge and Superstars of Wrestling shows.

An old skool fan like me! Nice!

Yea, Wrestling Challenge/and Superstars all the way... Some of the greatest angles in WWE history started on those shows.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
yea, they really need to buy the Mid South Library. I don't have it, but I always check the programming. They need to show more territory days stuff like UWF (not sure if they have this one) Florida, Portland, CWA, NWA, Georgia, AWA ETC.....

But it's an awesome channel. Legends of the Round Table is great. I wish I had it.

Innovator
02-08-2008, 10:08 AM
One of my buddies works on 24/7, does editing. It's seriously the best part of WWE. Cmon first Clash of the Champions

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
One of my buddies works on 24/7, does editing. It's seriously the best part of WWE. Cmon first Clash of the Champions

They're actually showing that one right now, or they just did and took it off for something else. I recorded it.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
great show. I've got the first 10 or so. Was the first one with the Sting/Flair match? I think that's it.

I love Clash X: Texas Shootout. You should watch that one if you get a chance. The whole show revolved around one big angle, which is how I love shows booked.

NeanderCarl
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
So how many of you here have the WWE 24/7 channel, and what do you think of it?

Is there something on there that you especially like watching or something they showed once you really liked?

Is there something you'd really like them to show on there?

watch it all the time and I really like watching the old Tuesday Night Titans (TNT) show. Classic stuff!

Vince? Is that you?

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Vince? Is that you?

Hahahhaha! No, I assure you I'm not Vince. If I were, I'd be walking down the hallway in my house like I have a giant pole stuck up my ass telling the mailman he's FIRED.

NeanderCarl
02-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Right, fess up, you're Michael Cole. Right?

Innovator
02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Also the Roundtable discussions are amazing. My friend sat in on it, they cut some stuff out, mainly a part about how if Shelton started back in the territories, he'd be huge. Foley also rode in my buddy's car, and surprisingly didn't crush in the side of the car.

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Also the Roundtable discussions are amazing. My friend sat in on it, they cut some stuff out, mainly a part about how if Shelton started back in the territories, he'd be huge. Foley also rode in my buddy's car, and surprisingly didn't crush in the side of the car.

Cool. Yea, I like the Legends discussions too, especially the one about "heat seekers." They should do those more often.

Innovator
02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Its fun to listen to everyone rip on Luger

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Its fun to listen to everyone rip on Luger

Well it's so easy to do.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
your freind has my dream job Inno. how did he get that and do you know what his salary is?

Innovator
02-08-2008, 10:52 AM
production intern. He got it when he graduated.

Didn't ask him about his salary, but he said it's good money, plus he gets to watch old wrestling all day.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2008, 10:53 AM
fucker, it's an internship too. prob around $25K. god, I would of killed to start out like that.

Innovator
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
He does a lot of overtime, so thats time and a half

Loose Cannon
02-08-2008, 11:14 AM
god if you put me in a room with a library of tapes, I wouldn't even begin to guess how long I would be "working"

Innovator
02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
He said it's enormous, just a library of DVDs and tapes. Pretty much of real wrestling fan's wet dream

KingofOldSchool
02-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm pissed because I missed the most recent Roundtable program.

Xerzes
02-09-2008, 06:26 AM
UWF airs on ESPN Classics late-night, last I knew.

Loose Cannon
02-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Universal? The old Bill Watts fed?

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-09-2008, 06:55 AM

Oh yea, his failed attempt to make Mid-South Wrestling a national company. I don't remember much about, as I was only 9 years old when it started (1986) so I'm wondering why it failed if someone could fill me in.

Loose Cannon
02-09-2008, 04:56 PM
his only failure, like most other territories around that time, was that he just could not compete against Crockett and WWF. The fanbase just got smaller and smaller. Eventually UWF merged with Crockett and they basically buried most of thier stars.

Terry Taylor was a huge star in UWF and that was pretty much ruined his credibility. The final nail in the coffin would come a few years later though for him.

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
his only failure, like most other territories around that time, was that he just could not compete against Crockett and WWF.

Yes, which is unfortunate and understandable.

I didn't mean 'failed attempt' in a mean sort of a way.

Loose Cannon
02-09-2008, 05:03 PM
yea, I know. Looking back, McMahon was just had a better long term business since and he played his cards right.

KingofOldSchool
02-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Nah, the Herb Abrams version.

It basically consisted of guys past their prime.

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Nah, the Herb Abrams version.

It basically consisted of guys past their prime.

For those who don't know, in Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks, Mick Foley explains that Abrams, before his death, Abrams was found nude, destroying furniture with a baseball bat. Not long afterwards, he died while in police custody. Very sad.

Marc the Smark
02-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Herb WHO?

NeanderCarl
02-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Terry Taylor

What a cock!

NeanderCarl
02-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Awww what happened to ShawnRhodeIsland??? I was growing to like him.