PDA

View Full Version : If Austin Had One More match in him...

Loose Cannon
02-15-2008, 11:38 AM
So I got the Legacy of Austin DVD yesterday and just watched the first 20 minutes or so, but it looks like a nice DVD. I'll review it when I finish, but it's almost identical to the matches I would use if I was doing a DVD.

Anyway, if Stone Cold had one more match left in him, which we all know will happen down the line, who would you want the program to be against and how would you book it?

Personally, I would have to do Hogan/Austin. The two biggest names ever in wrestling sqaring off. The feud would book itself, but Austin countering the big boot and turning him around for a Stunner would be illustrious.

will it happen? hell no

Heros Welcome
02-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Well yes the Austin Hogan match would probably be the match ppl would want to see, regardless of how shitty it would be.

But for me I would have Austin come back and face a then heel CM Punk. In a way it is bringing back the the ROH feud of drugs/alcohol vs. Straightedge, but this time it would be on such a different level and I think more successful.

Just imagine it. Punk preaching the Straight Edge life style to non stop boos for about a good month. The after a promo Austins music cues, the crowd erupts and you already have a quick start to what could be a very promising match. I'm sure what ever Austin would say it would be gold, and mixing it with Punks pure hatred toward what Austin represents would be great, all leading up to that one HUGE match that would ultimately put Punk over BIGTIME and he would be set for the Main Event for years to come.

Loose Cannon
02-15-2008, 11:46 AM
very cool. I like that as well. You're right, it's a nice storyline. It would turn Punk heel or he'll have to go in as a heel. Nice :y:

HeartBreakMan2k
02-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Shawn Michaels again. Just cause if Austin's only got one match left I want it to be a great one, and HBK would carry him to another classic most likely. Best way to go out with a great match.

Porcupine
02-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Against JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN CEEEEENA of course!

No seriously, HBK or Hogan.

BigDaddyCool
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Well yes the Austin Hogan match would probably be the match ppl would want to see, regardless of how shitty it would be.

But for me I would have Austin come back and face a then heel CM Punk. In a way it is bringing back the the ROH feud of drugs/alcohol vs. Straightedge, but this time it would be on such a different level and I think more successful.

Just imagine it. Punk preaching the Straight Edge life style to non stop boos for about a good month. The after a promo Austins music cues, the crowd erupts and you already have a quick start to what could be a very promising match. I'm sure what ever Austin would say it would be gold, and mixing it with Punks pure hatred toward what Austin represents would be great, all leading up to that one HUGE match that would ultimately put Punk over BIGTIME and he would be set for the Main Event for years to come.

Yeah, but Austin isn't going to job, that would kind of kill anything.

Avenger
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Definately HBK

But if it happens it will be with Cena no doubt

loopydate
02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Mark Henry. That way, he gets injured again, and it's GUARANTEED to be his last match ever.

Y2Ant
02-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Either Cena or Orton.

Cena counters the stunner and Austin taps to the STFU :$

or Orton counters the stunner and punts him in the head :$:$

I dunno.

Stickman
02-15-2008, 12:41 PM
hbk or hogan

Porcupine
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Either Cena or Orton.

Cena counters the stunner and Austin taps to the STFU :$

or Orton counters the stunner and punts him in the head :$:$

I dunno.

Orton punting Austin in the head and claiming to be WWE's new badass would be kinda interesting...

...for a few minutes.

DarKCentaur
02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
It would probably be Kennedy. Given that Austin has been a mentor of sorts for him.

OverTaker
02-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Undertaker

Seriously

The Optimist
02-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Just imagine it. Punk preaching the Straight Edge life style to non stop boos for about a good month. The after a promo Austins music cues, the crowd erupts and you already have a quick start to what could be a very promising match. I'm sure what ever Austin would say it would be gold, and mixing it with Punks pure hatred toward what Austin represents would be great, all leading up to that one HUGE match that would ultimately put Punk over BIGTIME and he would be set for the Main Event for years to come.Sounds like The Right To Censor, which was annoying more than villianous. Unless he was acting like a total dick about it, I can't see it being seen as very legitimate. Again, like RTC, it'd just seem like he was being a dick just to be a dick.

If he did make it look serious it would be gold.

Chavo Classic
02-15-2008, 02:10 PM
The Rock again

St. Jimmy
02-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Austin vs. Cena. I think Austin could drag one hell of a match out of Cena.

RP
02-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Black Machismo

Chavo Classic
02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
SHARKBOY!!!!

Y2Ant
02-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Austin vs. Steiner in an Ultimate X match :cool:

Heros Welcome
02-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Sounds like The Right To Censor, which was annoying more than villianous. Unless he was acting like a total dick about it, I can't see it being seen as very legitimate. Again, like RTC, it'd just seem like he was being a dick just to be a dick.

If he did make it look serious it would be gold.

He sounded very genuine, and very passionate. Like when you see people on here say that Punk looks like an asshole, when he was in the story with Raven he was the definition of an elitist asshole.

RGWhat316
02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
That's a tough decision cus I think Austin could have a good match with a number of guys that are around now. I'm really not in favor too much of a match with Hogan. Hulk can barely move as it is, and he would still want the victory. Only Austin winning would I want that match to happen.

On a side note on the Legacy dvd, I wasn't sure if they would do it, but they did. They completely edited Benoit out of the Survivor Series 2000 match. After HHH and Austin went to the back. they did a couple cuts, then showed HHH in the car and Austin in the forklift. They completely edited out the Radicals interfering.

The Optimist
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I think having Punk slap Austin right in the mouth would be . . . just great.

St. Jimmy
02-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Punk and Austin would be a pretty insane fued.

Slow
02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Like Chavo Classic said, its gotta be SHARKBOY 24/7!

Fox
02-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin versus WWE Champion John Cena

Just to see Austin kick Cena's ass and show him what a real babyface is like.

Jeritron
02-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I think Austin/Hogan would be the best way to use the one more match. It'd be huge and no doubt do amazing business for WWE. The fans would eat it up and it's just such a surreal matchup, way moreso than Rock/Hogan.

As far as match quality, HBK would be the best bet since they never had a proper rematch and would likely be a great match. But it doesnt really accomplish much. It's not a dream match being realized, since it's happened before. And it's not advancing the future or the business. So other than just being cool to see and likely very enjoyable it doesn't have much worth.

So the best bet would be a full program and torch passing to a rising star. Someone who is hugely popular and with a lot of momentum. Just like Austin was. Nobody right now is that, at least not yet.

The Show Off
02-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I think Austin vs. Edge would be pretty sweet from a storyline and match perspective.

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2008, 11:14 PM

This has always been my choice:

I wouldn't change any of your set-up, except maybe have Punk turn heel just before he confronts Austin, or even as a result from the confrontation.

The match's perfect end, in my opinion, would be CM Punk putting Austin the Anaconda Vise, and Austin taps, as Punk still holds in the move, and referees pour out to break it, as JR screams about Austin's BAH GAWD broken neck and Punk being a dick for going after it like he has.

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Matches and feuds against Mr. Kennedy and Edge are also pretty good ideas.

Heros Welcome
02-15-2008, 11:18 PM
This has always been my choice:

I wouldn't change any of your set-up, except maybe have Punk turn heel just before he confronts Austin, or even as a result from the confrontation.

The match's perfect end, in my opinion, would be CM Punk putting Austin the Anaconda Vise, and Austin taps, as Punk still holds in the move, and referees pour out to break it, as JR screams about Austin's BAH GAWD broken neck and Punk being a dick for going after it like he has.

Not only would I mark for a Punk win like that, I might actually shit myself for the main reason being Punk used the vice. I REALLY don't get why he doesn't utilize it when he is facing the likes of these hosses he faces time and time again.

FourFifty
02-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton, or Kane, with Austin putting one of them over.

But if I had to pick one, Jeff Hardy.
While I'd rather see Kane go over Austin, right now Austin would be able to give Hardy more than he could Kane. Kane doesn't want titles, and is all for pushing younger talent. So logically speaking, Hardy.

Mr. Pierre
02-16-2008, 02:30 AM
I'd rather have Austin come back for a huge match-up that will draw (IE: Rock/Hogan), rather than a match-up that will elevate someone to the next level.

So saying that, I'd love to see Austin vs. Cena. The build would be great, and the crowd would be pretty much on fire. I think this match could even out-do Rock vs. Hogan.

Johnny Vegas
02-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Yea, Austin/Cena would be HUGE. Cena already has that heat, but having Austin there would be a Rock/Hogan lookalike: Old School Legend battles New Legend. Crowd is split bc there are the fans that knew what Austin did and the fans that know Cena and what he has done and WILL become.

Man, that would sell some fucking tickets if they booked it right. Don't make Cena all GOODY GOODY against a cursing, beer drinking Austin. Make Cena more edgy, not exactly calling him MF'er and stuff, but holding his own when they build it up.

thedamndest
02-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Austin would need to drop about 30 pounds before he has that one more match.

blake639raw
02-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I'd say Punk/Austin too, but here's how I'd start it.

At the big Anniversary show they had, where he was passing out beers to everyone, I'd have him give Punk a beer. Punk would look at it for a second, and play along. He would then sneak attack Austin, before everybody in the ring would seperate the two. The show would end in a big pull apart brawl. The GM of RAW & ECW would say that the situation is too volatile, and if Punk shows up on RAW again, or Austin in ECW, they would be fired. Have Punk continue to talk shit about Austin's lifestyle on ECW for a few months, while giving Punk lots of credible wins over some guys from SD. Keep them seperate until WM, and there you have your big match. Also, maybe at the Rumble, Austin could give Punk a stunner, and handcuff him to the ring ropes and pour beer down his throat. Later on in the night, Punk would lay out Austin, and bloody him up worse than anyone had ever seen Austin get laid out.

There would be more to the build also, but I'm too lazy to type it.

Splaya
02-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Do what?

Have you been living in a box?

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2008, 03:59 AM
I'd rather have Austin come back for a huge match-up that will draw (IE: Rock/Hogan), rather than a match-up that will elevate someone to the next level.

So saying that, I'd love to see Austin vs. Cena. The build would be great, and the crowd would be pretty much on fire. I think this match could even out-do Rock vs. Hogan.

I disagree. The match would be pretty big compared to anything they can do now, but John Cena is nowhere near the level of a Hogan or a Rock. The match would probably do impressive buys compared to other PPVs, but I think you're overrating the drawing power of John Cena just a little bit.

The Gold Standard
02-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I can see that an Austin Punk match is popular in this thread.

However, I don't think Austin should face Punk. If Austin came back he needs to face an established star. He would not lose his final match, they would not let that happen.

So, he needs to face someone who can lose still be the huge star he was prior to the match. The only people that he can face and beat, that won't lose anything with a loss, would be Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker, and Batista

Destor
02-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I can see that an Austin Punk match is popular in this thread.

However, I don't think Austin should face Punk. If Austin came back he needs to face an established star. He would not lose his final match, they would not let that happen.

So, he needs to face someone who can lose still be the huge star he was prior to the match. The only people that he can face and beat, that won't lose anything with a loss, would be Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker, and Batista
98% of wrestlers loose their last match. Its tradition.

Heros Welcome
02-17-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't think Austin would be against losing his final match. As long as it is booked right I think he would be for it. As Heyman has said, and also from watching "The Legacy of SCSA" Austin seems to be a very smart man when it comes to the business. If him losing would help benefit the company, and make a new star, I think he would go with it.

edit: Also what Destor said is true.

Mr. Pierre
02-17-2008, 02:29 PM
If Austin were to come back for a whole calendar year, then I would love to see a program involving him and CM Punk, since Austin has time for it.

But, if Austin were back for one match, and one program, I think it would have to be against a star like Cena.

The Gold Standard
02-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Well even if most legends lose their last match, vince would think about making money.

I think that the money can be made with a match between Austin and Cena or HBK or HHH or Taker.

That is a match that people would buy the PPV to order. Even former fans would watch tha match.

The Naitch
02-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Austin vs. Cena

Dave Youell
02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Ok seriously why hasn't this match been mentioned yet:

Vince Vs Austin

It's the feud that made him and the attitude era. It should be the match that he has his send off with.

Everyone seems to forget, Austin pre surgery was great, after was a very good brawler, but not exactly a great wrestler anymore.

I think him beating Vince up one last time would be a fitting goodbye