PDA

View Full Version : Let's start building the Wrestlemania card

Renaissance man
02-16-2008, 12:19 AM
*I think a hhh vs cena is an almost lock but how about adding Hardy to this match up? Where does this leave Orton?

*Edge vs Taker seems reasonable (Hell in a cell perhaps?)

*Bats vs the standard big retard (Henry or the like)

*Flair's final match (who would you pick as his opponent? Hbk?)

*Money in the bank ladder match (Here Kennedy must go over)

*Chavo vs rey (grudge match)

*I would love to see hbk vs Punk (Ladder match please please)

thoughts and comments more than welcome

Verbose Minch
02-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Foley's final match is on the card.

Mr. Pierre
02-16-2008, 01:44 AM
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

Grudge Match
Triple H vs. John Cena II

Flair's Last Match
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

ECW Championship: Extreme Rules
Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. CM Punk

Custody of Hornswoggle
Finlay & Mic Foley vs. Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon

Dog Collar Match
Chris Jericho vs. JBL

Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Candice Michelle

Inter-promotional Grudge Match
Batista vs. Umaga

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. Matt Hardy

(I couldn't find two more people for MITB, so I took away the Hardy/MVP singles match. I figured MVP could qualify for MITB in late February, and in mid-March there is one slot open. MVP cuts a promo about it, saying it doesn't matter who it is, because they will just fight in a losing effort to "Smackdown's MVP". Hardy then makes his return, earns the 6th spot in MITB and at the same time finding a way to get his hands on MVP. Then after Mania, the two can finally have a series of matches in a good feud for the US title.)

The Gold Standard
02-16-2008, 02:04 AM

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

Grudge Match
Triple H vs. John Cena II

Flair's Last Match

Custody of Hornswoggle
Finlay & Mic Foley vs. Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon

Dog Collar Match
Chris Jericho vs. JBL

Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Candice Michelle

Inter-promotional Grudge Match
Batista vs. Umaga

Rey Mysterio vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. Matt Hardy

(I couldn't find two more people for MITB, so I took away the Hardy/MVP singles match. I figured MVP could qualify for MITB in late February, and in mid-March there is one slot open. MVP cuts a promo about it, saying it doesn't matter who it is, because they will just fight in a losing effort to "Smackdown's MVP". Hardy then makes his return, earns the 6th spot in MITB and at the same time finding a way to get his hands on MVP. Then after Mania, the two can finally have a series of matches in a good feud for the US title.)

The only change I would make is keep MVP v Hardy a singles match. Even though I think they should both be in MITB. Then put in John Morrison and someone who may get a little push but everyone knows isn't winning, Carlito maybe? Also Rey may have to be replaced. Otherwise I really like this card.

RVDmark
02-16-2008, 01:00 PM
There's no way it will happen, but Flair vs Foley could be greatness as Flair's final match. They could have an angle where Mick Foley announces one last match and he's gone for good either way after it. But he want's to end Flair's career before he leaves. Those two have a lot of history they touched on before and then never came to be.

It won't be the greatest match in the world, but I don't think Flair can really pull a classic out any more. If they build it deliberately away from being a great match and just add much more to it in every other way, it has the potential to draw big, and something a little different.

Lux
02-16-2008, 02:10 PM
There's no way it will happen, but Flair vs Foley could be greatness as Flair's final match. They could have an angle where Mick Foley announces one last match and he's gone for good either way after it. But he want's to end Flair's career before he leaves. Those two have a lot of history they touched on before and then never came to be.

It won't be the greatest match in the world, but I don't think Flair can really pull a classic out any more. If they build it deliberately away from being a great match and just add much more to it in every other way, it has the potential to draw big, and something a little different.

Too bad its Flair vs HBK, guys enough dreaming and go with what we know and yes RVDmark, your the only one in this thread whos post i looked at

Porcupine
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Your cards have a distinct lack of Big Daddy V.

Your cards fail, sorry.

Lux
02-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Your cards have a distinct lack of Big Daddy V.

Your cards fail, sorry.

He doesn't bring anything interesting to the table, sorry you fail

Tommy Gunn
02-16-2008, 03:21 PM

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Triple H

U.S Title Match 2/3 Falls
Matt Hardy vs. MVP

Flair's Last Match

Chavo (c) vs. C M Punk

Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickie James

John Morrison vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. The Miz vs. Jeff Hardy

Jordan
02-16-2008, 03:43 PM
WWE Championship Match
John Cena vs Triple H

World Heavyweight Title Match
Edge vs The Undertaker

Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison vs Big Daddy V vs Kennedy vs Kane vs Umaga

Custody of Hornswoggle
Vince McMachon w/Regal vs Finlay w/Hornswoggle

Loser Must Retire
Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

Bullrope Match
JBL vs Chris Jericho

Cross Promotion Match
Randy Orton vs Batista

WWE US Title Match
MVP vs Matt Hardy

ECW Title Match - Extreme Rules
Chavo Guerrero vs CM Punk

St. Jimmy
02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Triple H

ECW Championship (2 out of 3 Falls)
Chavo Guerreo (c) vs. CM Punk

Career Threatening Match

Intercontinental Championship (Triple Threat Match)
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Randy Orton

(Rest of the card besides this is all filler: US Title Match, One or Two Tag Title Matches, MITB)

Gerard
02-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Bitch Tits challenge\bra on a pole match

Big Daddy V vs Ric Flair

Can Khali sell a punch without fucking it up match

Khali vs anyone

I got nothin :$

NeanderCarl
02-16-2008, 08:37 PM
My ideal card would see all titles defended. To me, that is what WrestleMania is supposed to be all about.

Going mainly by what makes sense at the moment, and with a little mix of possibilities that probably won't, but could take place:

WWE Championship
(c) John Cena vs Triple H

WWE World Championship
(c) Edge vs Undertaker

ECW World Championship
(c) Chavo Guerrero vs C.M. Punk

WWE Intercontinental Championship
(c) Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton

WWE United States Championship
(c) MVP vs Matt Hardy

WWE World Tag Team Championship
(c) Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes vs Santino Marella and Carlito

WWE Tag Team Championship
(c) The Miz and John Morrison vs Jesse and Festus vs
Deuce 'N' Domino vs Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore

WWE Women's Championship
(c) Beth Phoenix vs Mickie James vs Maria vs Candice Michelle

Hulk Hogan vs Mick Foley

The Big Show and Vince McMahon vs Finlay and Hornswoggle

Career Threatening Match
Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

8-Man Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Batista vs Ken Kennedy vs Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho vs
JBL vs Umaga vs Shelton Benjamin vs Tommy Dreamer

Lance Cade vs Trevor Murdoch

The Great Khali and Kane vs Big Daddy V and Mark Henry

Then throw everyone left over in the usual pre-show clusterfuck, some kind of battle royal or lumberjack match should suffice.

NeanderCarl
02-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Of course, the reality is that there is practically no chance of either tag title being defended, and recent form will see the I-C champion in the MITB.

NeanderCarl
02-16-2008, 09:06 PM
By the way, despite all the hype, I can see Flair surviving at WrestleMania. People will buy WrestleMania anyways, and the whole Flair angle is kinda designed (in theory) to make every one of Flair's matches unmissable as each one could be his last.

It would make sense to spread it out over a few more PPVs and potentially squueze a few extra buys out of the whole thing. Although a WrestleMania last match would be a nice tribute, I can see him continuing through until SummerSlam.

Ruien
02-16-2008, 10:06 PM

Grudge Match
Triple H vs. John Cena II (c)

Flair's Last Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

Filler
MVP vs Matt Hardy

Street Fight
Finlay vs. Mr. McMahon

Filler
Chris Jericho vs. JBL

Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickie James

NeanderCarl
02-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I know the rumours have been making the rounds, but why bother having JBL vs Jericho or HBK vs Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania, when both matches have been contested, with clean finishes might I add, on free TV in the last few weeks?

Jeritron
02-17-2008, 12:20 AM
At this point, I'd like it to be this....

WWE Championship:
John Cena vs Jeff Hardy

I guess HHH would have to be thrown in here...sucks

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge vs Taker

Randy Orton vs Batista

Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair

Money in the Bank

Vince and Shane vs Foley and Finlay w/Hornswaggle
Throw in a celeb or someone like Austin as special ref for the buyrates

Matt Hardy vs MVP

Chris Jericho vs JBL in a strap or cage match or some gimmick where theres no way out for JBL

CM Punk vs Shelton Benjamin vs Chavo Guerrero for the ECW title, do it early and give it some time

Even thought I think Cena/Hardy would be a great choice, I realize it's a longshot and HHH will probably get the nod and we'll get a boring rehashed main event that doesn't feature the years biggest star.
So in that case, I guess he should be in MITB and win that.

Destor
02-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Flair will face Orton at mania. I am sure of it.

Jeritron
02-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Okay, then have Shawn face Batista. He can prob drag a good match out of him and they've never properly fueded.

Jeritron
02-17-2008, 12:33 AM
I know the rumours have been making the rounds, but why bother having JBL vs Jericho or HBK vs Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania, when both matches have been contested, with clean finishes might I add, on free TV in the last few weeks?

Your guess is as good as mine. I can see JBL and Jericho. Their fued still has legs and could use a solid gimmick match to end it.
But Shawn vs Jeff has been done, extremely well and cleanly. It's also a tremendous waste of 2 of the biggest assets on the card.

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2008, 01:09 AM
This is not what I want to see happen, but rather what I think will happen:

WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton

Triple H wins the RAW Elimination Chamber, John Cena wins at No Way Out, and Orton cashes in his rematch. Cena retains by making Orton tap out.

Edge vs. The Undertaker

Edge will need to be pinned or forced to submit to lose the World Heavyweight Title, something he has not ever faced at WrestleMania. The Undertaker will drop Edge on his surgically repaired neck to capture his second World Heavyweight Championship here.

ECW Championship
Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

I honestly don't have a clue what the WWE are doing here, and I'm not quite sure they do, either. This could really be Chavo vs. Punk, Punk vs. Benjamin or Chavo vs. Rey, and for whatever reason I'm going with the later. I have a feeling that Rey will be taking some time off with his injury, but I think the WWE would want him on the Mania card, to attract the Hispanic audience. Chavo will probably retain, with some help from The Edge Heads, who would put Rey out of commission.

Career Threatening Match

I really don't want to see Flair's last match be against Shawn Michaels, so I'll be cheering for Flair here. Should be OK, although even with both men at their best, I'd expect people to be a little disappointed. I think we'll see a classic, but it won't be perfect. HBK would probably win, but I'd be hoping for The Dirtiest Player in the Game to find a way to get Michaels in the center of the ring in the Figure Four Leg Lock to get a massive victory at WrestleMania.

Hoss Wars
Batista, Kane & Big Show vs. The Great Khali, Mark Henry & Big Daddy V

Not my preferred use for Kane, but it gets the rest of the crap in one match, I guess. The faces go over and send the big jobbers packing. Hopefully Matt Striker takes three finishing moves after the match. Oh, and throw in Pete Rose for the finisher gauntlet as well. I miss his "feud" with Kane.

McMahon Illegitimate Child Shit
Vince McMahon vs. Finlay

Finlay deserves a better match at WrestleMania, but apparently Vince is really working towards something at Mania for himself, and this makes the most sense right now, unfortunately. Just please, have Finlay kick Vince's ass.

Random Hardcore Stipulation
JBL vs. Mick Foley

Mick Foley will probably have a spot on the card, and while JBL has a little something with Chris Jericho going on, they've clashed enough on TV to probably do away with that, in their minds. This match would just be thrown on there because JBL is a great heel, who can play off Foley's nice guy factor really well, and get the fans behind him strongly once again. I actually think putting Foley over here would be the right thing to do, as it would make his random appearances throughout the year actually mean something.

Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Umaga vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. CM Punk vs. Jamie Noble vs. Chuck Palumbo

Just threw this match together from the guys who were left. Chris Jericho coined the original MITB, and Mr. Kennedy won it last year, so they make really good sense for the match. Jeff Hardy has said he wants to be in it, and a lot of people are already predicting him for the the win. Umaga in a Ladder Match would just be fun. CM Punk and Shelton Benjamin could be the the ECW Title match, or they could be here. I went with here. Jamie Noble and Chuck Palumbo were just picks out of a hat, because I tried to think of SmackDown! guys to go into the match. Jamie Noble is on a roll, and he can provide a good ring general for the match (the role Finlay has been playing in previous years). Chuck Palumbo does not seem like a Ladder Match kind of guy, but the WWE have put them into these kind of matches before. Palumbo and Noble also have their feud going on.

WWE Tag Team Championship
John Morrison & The Miz vs. Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney

This is something I am not too certain of, as it seems very under-card, but I think Morrison & The Miz have made enough heads turn with their work as a tag team to get this place on the card. Tommy Dreamer is also making a bit of a comeback, and Colin Delaney has been interesting enough to earn himself a job on ECW. This will probably be a feel good moment for the faces as they capture the WWE Tag Team Titles. One change I can see the WWE making, is they might just place Colin Delaney at ringside, and have Tommy Dreamer challenge with Stevie Richards, as Richards is pretty fucking over right now, and Delaney seems like he would make a great "apprentice" for them, whereas Dreamer & Richards would make a more credible tag team to hold the actual belts.

WWE Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James vs. Candice Michelle vs. Maria

You have the credible female wrestler feuding with the Women's Champion, the girl the WWE wants to be the new Trish Stratus, and the Playboy girl. Beth Phoenix would hopefully retain when she gets the fall on Maria, which continues her respective programs with Mickie James and Candice Michelle.

WWE United States Championship
MVP vs. Matt Hardy

Rumours have suggested this match will be taking place, even though I still half-expect the WWE to drop it. This would be the best choice for an opener, in my opinion, and a great moment for Matt Hardy to win his first major singles championship.

Heat Lumberjack Match for the World Tag Team Championship
Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella & Carlito

This match just seems a fit for Heat, with Holly & Rhodes retaining their World Tag Team Championship, and continuing to do nothing as a tag team.

The Show Off
02-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Source: Full Rumored Wrestlemania Matches (http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=205202597)

Triple Threat Match
for the WWE Championship
John Cena v. Randy Orton v. Triple H

Finlay v. Vince McMahon

For the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge v. The Undertaker

Career Threatening Match
Batista v. Ric Flair

TBA

for the WWE United States Championship
MVP v. Matt Hardy

Chris Jericho v. John Bradshaw Layfield

Jeff Hardy v. Shawn Michaels

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Source: Full Rumored Wrestlemania Matches (http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=205202597)

Triple Threat Match
for the WWE Championship
John Cena v. Randy Orton v. Triple H

Finlay v. Vince McMahon

For the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge v. The Undertaker

Career Threatening Match
Batista v. Ric Flair

TBA

for the WWE United States Championship
MVP v. Matt Hardy

Chris Jericho v. John Bradshaw Layfield

Jeff Hardy v. Shawn Michaels

I'd actually be somewhat OK with that card. Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels is a match that I would love to see at WrestleMania, even though I think both guys could be used elsewhere. At this stage, HBK should just be used to get classics out of people, and if he can do that with Jeff Hardy, and officially pass the torch at WrestleMania, then more power to him.

I think it's stupid the WWE has given away JBL vs. Chris Jericho on free TV, but if they did do a Texas Bullrope Match, or something, and put Jericho over strong, I think it would be great for him. It'd be a slow rebuild back to what Jericho should be.

The Money in the Bank Ladder Match without the obvious pick of Jeff Hardy would be a lot of fun. Give it to Mr. Kennedy again, assuming he's in the match.

Batista vs. Ric Flair does not actually interest me in the slightest. Again, I'd be hoping for Ric Flair to keep going.

The main events are the main events, but I'd hope that something would be added with the ECW Championship. Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio is again my vote.