PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Are the canucks BETTER or WORSE since the Bertuzzi incident/trade deadline?

Heyman
03-11-2004, 02:01 PM
QUESTION: Are the canucks BETTER or WORSE since the Bertuzzi incident/trade deadline?

Before I begin this thread, I just want to state my final thoughts on the whole Bertuzzi thing.

I forgive Bertuzzi for what he did. If he plays for the canucks next season, I will continue to support and cheer him. Everyone is human and human's make mistakes. Bertuzzi does seem pretty genuine in feeling remorse.

What hurts ME however, is the following:

1) If I do cheer Bertuzzi when he plays for the canucks again, I will be openly cheering for a PUNK.

2) Bertuzzi hurt the canucks. I mean seriously - what the hell was he thinking? If you're going to after a guy, do it FACE to FACE. If the guy chooses not to 'go' with you, then it's on him. HE becomes the coward. HE becomes the INFERIOR one. YOU are the one in control. Also - if you're the top f</>ucking player on your team, you KNOW that you don't fight. That's why you have enforcers (like the canucks have Brookbank). Take a look at a guy like Peter Forsberg. He would probably be one of the best enforcers in the league if he fought. Does he do it? NO! WHY? Because - it's not his f</>ucking job. That's not to say that Forsberg still can't be intimidating. That's also not to say that a guy like Forsberg can act like a coward...and not stick up for himself. Forsberg is still known as a tough Motherf</>ucker....and has that 'presence'. Now because of Bertuzzi's actions, the canucks are without arguably their best player..........................

For Further thoughts on this matter, please post in the Embarrassed to be a Canucks Fan" thread (http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7384)

<font color=white>Now.........on to the subject of THIS post </font>

So.....Bertuzzi may be gone, but the canucks have also acquired Rucinsky, Sanderson, and Bergevin. They also acquired two other guys, but they are minor leaguers/scrubs if I'm not mistaken.......so they won't be a PRESENT DAY factor anyways...

Do you think the Canucks are BETTER or WORSE now?

Yes they lost Bertuzzi, but they picked up two decent scorers and a decent 5th/6th defenseman.

Here's my take on it (I'm going to give an argument that the Canucks will be a BETTER team).

-In wake of the Bertuzzi incident, the canucks will play with FIRE.....and a sense of urgency. No longer will they have the 'complaceny' that they are one of the top teams....and that the 1st round of the playoffs will be a cake walk. In wake of the Bertuzzi incident/suspension, EVERYONE will step up....

-The canucks won't have to be so dependent on their top line. I'm not trying to imply that the canucks lack secondary scoring, but it has been a problem in the past. The team ALWAYS looked up to the Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi line. The canucks don't have that anymore.........but that can work to their advantage. The canucks can balance out their 1st two lines.....or even 3 lines I guess. Have Morrison and Naslund play on the 1st line, while Sanderson and Rucinsky play on the 2nd. The Sedin's can be one the 3rd line. That could be 3 potentially offensively sound lines. Cooke can then continue to anchor the 4th line with his linemates. Basically - Sanderson and Rucinsky gives the canucks more DEPTH. Neither player is as good as Bertuzzi, but their combined value might be more. From what I know - neither Sanderson nor Rucinsky take bonheaded penalties either.....so this could help the canucks as well.

Anyways - what are your thoughts? Are the Canucks BETTER or WORSE at the current time? (relative to how they were before the Bertuzzi incident/trade deadline).

Will everyone 'step up' in light of the fact that their co-'best player' is no longer with them? Will Sanderson and Rucinsky give the canucks 2 (maybe 3) formidable scoring lines? Is it a 'good' thing that the canucks have lost their 'complacency'?......and are probably feeling a bit insecure right now?

road doggy dogg
03-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Why not just post this in the other huge thread about this

Yashamaga
03-11-2004, 03:54 PM
are you trying kid yourself

BCWWF
03-11-2004, 04:24 PM
I didn't bother to read that whole thing, but if you think a team losing one of their top scorers and enforcers makes it better, you must be from Canada.

They should trade Bertuzzi for someone with equal skill to his, if they could get a guy like Marian Hossa to play next to Naslund, that would be key. (I WOULD KILL MYSELF IF HOSSA EVER LEFT THE SENATORS, ESPECIALLY IF HE WENT TO THE CANUCKS, JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP)

In conclusion, he terribly hurt their team for the playoffs, and its not the first time he's done it.

road doggy dogg
03-11-2004, 04:56 PM
LOL that is the worst insult I've ever heard.

The Icon of Elisim
03-11-2004, 05:01 PM
LOL that is the worst insult I've ever heard.

Well then you must be from Canada

Heyman
03-11-2004, 06:02 PM
I didn't bother to read that whole thing, but if you think a team losing one of their top scorers and enforcers makes it better, you must be from Canada.

You're right. You didn't read the whole thing. One of my main arguments was that perhaps the acquistions of Rucinsky, Sanderson, and Bergevin could make up for the loss of Bertuzzi. I also argued that perhaps the rest of the team would 'step up' in the absence of Bertuzzi (realizing that they no longer have any right to feel complacent).

Heyman
03-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Why not just post this in the other huge thread about this

I don't know. I was just getting tired of people talking about the same crap (i.e. Bertuzzi is evil! He should get a lifetime ban! etc.,).

I want this thread to focus on whether people think the canucks can rebound from this obviously devasting loss. YES - the canucks lost Bertuzzi, but we also just added Rucinsky AND Sanderson.....two people who know how to put the puck in the net.

BCWWF
03-11-2004, 06:50 PM
You're right. You didn't read the whole thing. One of my main arguments was that perhaps the acquistions of Rucinsky, Sanderson, and Bergevin could make up for the loss of Bertuzzi. I also argued that perhaps the rest of the team would 'step up' in the absence of Bertuzzi (realizing that they no longer have any right to feel complacent).

I read that part, and still don't think they are better. With Bertuzzi and the other three guys they would have been better than the three guys alone.

da_king
03-11-2004, 06:55 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">

i'd trade bert for those three guys' place in the line-up hands down. bert esentially plays on two lines, creates space for the skilled players as well as traffic in front of the net in addition to delivering punishing checks. you don't replace what power forwards can do for a team, they're worse off.
</font>