PDA

View Full Version : Who the fuck is gonna be in Money in the Bank?

Jeritron
02-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Seriously. They are planning on having it again, as far as we know.

But currently it seems that anyone who would be in it is involved in other plans.
Theres talk of Jericho vs JBL
They want to and probably will use Jeff Hardy for something else
Matt Hardy and MVP are having their US title match
Rey Mysterio is involved in the Mayweather story
CM Punk and Chavo will prob have something to do with the ECW championship.
Finlay is involved in a Vince storyline.

So what upper midcarders are they going to use besides Kennedy? Prob gonna be a weak offering in terms of star power.

Mr. Pierre
02-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm thinking Kennedy, Kane, and Shelton gotta be in there. The other 3 (or 5), I have no idea.

Londoner
02-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Kane
Shelton
Jeff Hardy
CM Punk
Umaga
Kennedy

Im struggling to think of some more, last year they had 8 guys in the match didnt they?

Porcupine
02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I think Big Daddy V should be in the MITB.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Assuming that Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, MVP and CM Punk are out, there are still a few guys hanging around that could be in the match:

Mr. Kennedy almost seems a lock right now, and would probably be the favourite to win with Jeff Hardy and CM Punk out. Kennedy declaring that he won last year, so he wants another shot this year seems as good a way as any to get him into the match.

I don't think we'll be getting Chris Jericho vs. JBL at WrestleMania. The WWE has given it away on TV too many times, and I think that focus is being shifted away from it. If JBL had destroyed solely Jericho after being eliminated from the RAW Chamber, I think the feud may have been renewed, but I can see JBL being used elsewhere. Jericho, in storylines, created the Money in the Bank Ladder Match concept, so it would make sense to have him back.

Shelton Benjamin is pretty much one of those shortlisted guys of great MITB performers. He could really help make the match if he got in.

Given the nature of his feud with Benjamin, and his previous experience in two MITB Ladder Matches, Kane could very easily be added to the match. Especially considering nothing else is really shaping up for Kane at WrestleMania. I would not oppose to Kane swapping places with CM Punk, however, and Kane winning his second World Title at WrestleMania, while Punk wins MITB, but ah well.

Umaga seems like a good fit for this kind of match. He's a big guy, so he can toss people around, but he's also capable of taking some sickly bumps. I was hoping he'd end up feuding with Finlay through WrestleMania, and that they'd both be here, but it seems Finlay is going to be directly feuding with Vince. Oh joy of joys. Umaga would still make a fun fit here.

John Morrison is a guy that would just be fucking good in a match like this, but he has his tag team thing with The Miz going on. Since when has the WWE cared about tag team programs going into WrestleMania, though? There is a chance that John Morrison and The Miz will get to enter the match, providing the WWE can't get anyone else.

Elijah Burke, when allowed to actually appear, has always been a great character with a lot of potential. If the WWE re-adjusted his role to something a little more credible, he could very easily fill a spot in this match. I think he would be a pleasant surprise in MITB.

Jamie Noble has been on a roll, and could play the Finlay role of making sure the match runs smoothly. He could also theoretically bump like shit. The only problem is that he might not be quite credible enough, even with his push, of being considered a viable MITB winner.

Paul Burchill is someone I am oddly curious about seeing in a Ladder Match like this. He is new to RAW, but I think the WWE has plans to push him quite well, because he's using a gimmick Vince has got to be in love with.

Those are just a few possible names. Mr. Kennedy, Kane and Shelton Benjamin seem like the safest three bets so far. Chris Jericho and Umaga both have very good shots of making it in, too, I think. We might only get six competitors this year, as it seems like a fairly strong batch this year, and including three more lower card guys would probably just look wonky. My guess for the sixth competitor might as well be JBL, because I can't think of anything better for him to do, and the only thing rumoured for him is with Chris Jericho, who is in this match.

Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho vs. JBL vs. Umaga vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin? If you need two more guys, maybe John Morrison & The Miz?

Londoner
02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
How the fuck would V be able to climb the ladder?

Porcupine
02-18-2008, 05:18 PM

Thats part of the fun of including V into the match.

Lock Jaw
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM

Anyway he wants!

Also, I haven't heard that Matt Hardy is coming back...

4 knuckles up
02-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd have:

Kennedy. Natural choice. He won it last year, and it was "stolen" from him by Edge.

Umaga. There is nothing else for him to do at WM, and I think he is just too damn watchable to be left off the card.

Shelton Benjamin. Always looks amazing in MITB, and often steals the show. With his current gimmick, it isn't out of the realms of possibilty for him to win, either.

Carlito & Santino. They work well together, and would bring something new to the match. Perhaps fill the comedic role King Booker had last time, with the short ladder type thing.

Kane. Good enough talent to ensure things tick over smoothly. He also brings a little star power to the match.

Jerricho. C'mon, I'm bored of his stuff with JBL already.

Jeff Hardy. He's out of the main event, and this is a great match for him to shine.

The above look like the most likely eight that I see. I'd prefer people like Elijah Burke to be in it (I bet you didn't see that one comming), and who knows, perhaps Chavo will be at ringside offering 'support' to Edge during his title match to free up Punk. But a part of me wants to see Punk win it back at WM. Slim pickings it seems.

The Optimist
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
What are they planning to do with Jeff? I mean, I haven't heard anything about him being in any other plans.

Londoner
02-18-2008, 06:15 PM
He'll be winning mitb.

Xero
02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
How about this?

Eventually it comes to light that Cena will not get the world title shot at Mania. In fact, he has no Mania match. Well, the MITB comes and Hardy is JUST about to win when...

DUUUUHHHH---NUUUUHHHH-NUUUUHHHH--NUHHHHHHHH! RAPPA DUDES!

That's right, Cena comes out, knocks Hardy off and takes the case for himself. Boom, heel turn.

Later in the night, he cashes it in, making the main event a three way. He pins Hunter, clean. You have heel Cena and face Hunter vs Heel Cena.

Smell those ratings.

:shifty:

Xero
02-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Nah, but seriously, Cena may be in the match to get into the main event.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2008, 06:23 PM
What are they planning to do with Jeff? I mean, I haven't heard anything about him being in any other plans.

Rumours are circulating that he'll actually be facing Shawn Michaels. I can't see it happening, though.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Nah, but seriously, Cena may be in the match to get into the main event.

I actually fear that you may be right. 6-0 at WrestleMania, FTW!!!!! :|

Londoner
02-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Cenas undefeated at wm aint he? Shit, i fear one day Cena will end takers streak if edge doesnt.

The Optimist
02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Gah. At least that's cooler than nothing. I wouldn't be totally angry if he were in that match instead of MITB. But, it's a wasted oppurtunity.

The Optimist
02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Cenas undefeated at wm aint he? Shit, i fear one day Cena will end takers streak if edge doesnt.
Edge will end Taker's, then Cena will end Edge's.

KingofOldSchool
02-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Jeff's a lock to be in it.

Londoner
02-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Jeff's a lock to win it.

The Optimist
02-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Actually, I think Cena being some sort of legitimate anti-heel would be pretty funny/awesome. He cuts promos about doing what the fans want (winning) but he does shit like beating Jeff for the MITB to do it.

SammyG
02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Eminem and Floyd Mayweather

The Gold Standard
02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Kane, Shelton, Umaga, Kennedy, J. Hardy The other 3 I have no idea