PDA

View Full Version : WM Update: Floyd Joe Mayweather

Marc the Smark
02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
We can confirm that boxing champion Floyd Joy Mayweather, Jr. is scheduled to be wrestling at WrestleMania 24, instead of standing at ringside or being a special guest referee. Reports are suggesting that he will most likely be involved in a tag-team match. Assuming Rey Mysterio will be healthy enough to wrestle at WrestleMania 24, he will be Mayweather’s tag-team partner and will go against The Big Show and a tag-team partner of his.

Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net is reporting Vince McMahon and the creative team are considering a number of different possibilities for a match involving Floyd Joy Mayweather, Jr. A source said that plans are “constantly changing.” MVP’s name has been mentioned to tag-team with The Big Show, however nothing has been confirmed.

With Shane McMahon taking part in the angle at No Way Out with The Big Show it could be assumed that he is the strongest candidate to tag-team with The Big Show. Rey Mysterio’s recent injury forced WWE to change their plans for No Way Out, and could lead to more changes in the match structure if he is unable to wrestle at WrestleMania 24.

(Source: ProWrestling.net)

SammyG
02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Isnt this in some other thread...

Porcupine
02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Isnt this in twelve other thread...

Inadequacy
02-18-2008, 07:10 PM
My name is Marc the Smark

And that is totally awesome

Marc the Smark
02-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I posted an update.

The Optimist
02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Ahhh . . . Shane McMahon. This fued rules.

Though, I figure if Rey can't go they'll just make it a (worked) boxing match with Show and Floyd.

Dorkchop
02-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Big Show doesn't need a partner. Especially now that he's in great shape.

Jura
02-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I know you guys haven't seen him in a while but I don't consider him in great shape. I'll go as far as to say he's close to the size he was several years ago but he's still nowhere near WCW size.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-sGw8iLU_0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-sGw8iLU_0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Optimist
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Awesome. The slams on Bagwell and Vincent and the pose afterwords were epic.

Marc the Smark
02-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Cool video. I totally forgot how awesomely "real" the NWO angles seemed, and yeah, Big Show was in better shape back then.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Shane McMahon and Big Show are guilty pleasures in the world of professional wrestling these days. More so as the rest of it becomes shittier and shittier.

.44 Magdalene
02-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, I don't know if I'd consider Show a guilty pleasure. He's a huge guy who knows what he's doing in the ring, has seriously quality mic skills, and is an overall badass in real life.

Shane's not even a real wrestler, is the son of the owner of the company, and yet... the idea of him coming back is quite a pleasant one. It's pretty fucked up, to be honest.

Dorkchop
02-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Big Show might be in the best shape he's been in 10 years. It's probably a lot harder for him to stay "thin" than when he was in his mid 20s. Still, he should always be in shape.

Londoner
02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
^ exactly. He's lost 180 pounds in weight he said, thats a massive amount for someone his age. It gets easier to put on weight as youg et older.

Jura
02-19-2008, 12:56 PM
108 actually. He would be much less than Khali if he lost 180.