PDA

View Full Version : So...Cena is still at Mania?

BigDaddyCool
02-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Why is that even happening? I mean he could have been in Mania if he just waited like he was suppose to, but no he took his shot at NWO, and now he just reinserts himself into Mania? That is crap. That is Batista styled crap.

KingofOldSchool
02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
He has to over come TEH oddz.

Kane Knight
02-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Apparently, Cena is the only guy for which "life is unfair" does not apply to in WWE.

Y2Ant
02-19-2008, 11:02 AM
http://www.btinternet.com/~livinglegend7/images/deacon.jpg

BAH GAWD

Dave Youell
02-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm pissed at this whole thing, Orton retaining is the only thing i'd like to see, but there's not chance of that happening.

Dammit, it should be Jeff in there!

Y2Ant
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Hopefully HHH and Cena can't decide who jobs and their heads explode, making Orton the winner by default.

Then Jeff cashes in his MITB and wins.

Dave Youell
02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Ch-Ching!

Londoner
02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
LOL ortons go no chance of winning in a match with those two, no one has, juts hope hhh wins and not supercunt.

Kane Knight
02-19-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm pissed at this whole thing, Orton retaining is the only thing i'd like to see, but there's not chance of that happening.

Dammit, it should be Jeff in there!Well, it's already a threeway, why not toss in Jeff?

Shaggy
02-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I would personally love to see the money in the bank winner cash his shot in that night....not the next year...but that very night..

No one would really be expecting it, and I wouldnt care who it was. (as long as its not Cena)

Jura
02-19-2008, 01:00 PM
http://www.btinternet.com/~livinglegend7/images/deacon.jpg

BAH GAWD
He looks like Sean O'haire in this pic.

Kane Knight
02-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't mind Cena being at Mania, but it kind of makes me wonder what the point was with rushing the championship match to No Way Out. First, he's going to Mania. Then he's going to NWO instead. Now he's going to Mania again. Why not just give him the win and have him face Trips or Trips + Orton (thanks to a rematch clause), or just have Cena go into Mania to face Orton? Both make more sense to me, even though I'm still not particularly down with the TripleThreat dynamic.

Y2Ant
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I would personally love to see the money in the bank winner cash his shot in that night....not the next year...but that very night..

No one would really be expecting it, and I wouldnt care who it was. (as long as its not Cena)

I was thinking that, it would be something different. Think about it, Orton retaining would be the one finish that would piss off most of the fans (well except maybe Cena winning but still) and you know the one heel in the match ain't gonna walk out with the title, plus Hardy and Orton have fought before, so it would make perfect sense to end Mania on a high and finally give someone decent a break. Wouldn't quite be the awesome ending to WM 20 but it would be a good one IMO :o

D Mac
02-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Hardy had his shot and blew it. He's not Cena you know.

BigDaddyCool
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Hardy had his shot and blew it. He's not Cena you know.

I've actaully made that same joke in a different converstaion, wooooooo Missouri. I suppse I'll get behind Orton being from Missouri and all, but he is from the bad part of missouri.

Azriel
02-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I think the reason for a triple threat was maybe because somebody didn't want to do the JOB to the other person.

scoobydoo22
02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
i cant bleive cena beat orton to make triple threat why tripl h not pedogreee cena fag ass to the floor,,, i dont want 3way i want ortin to rko hhh and retain forever but n0w cena goin win like alwayz i hate cena ,,plus did u see his cap it orang like a pumpken what a fukin faget.

scoobydoo22
02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
actual i dont like orton to win or cena i wish hhh wn and stone colds come back and win wwe title and feud with cody rhodes

The Optimist
02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Maybe this is a crazy roundabout way to push Orton to the moon . . . ?

D Mac
02-20-2008, 01:14 AM
I've actaully made that same joke in a different converstaion, wooooooo Missouri. I suppse I'll get behind Orton being from Missouri and all, but he is from the bad part of missouri.

True, true.

Jeritron
02-20-2008, 05:08 AM
The main event should be Cena/Jeff. There's no other excuse really. They know, HHH knows it. He wasn't even getting support at the end of the chamber, and theres absolutely nothing fresh or interesting about this main event.

It's empty in terms of a story or fued. They've all faced before, they've all been champion, and they've all main evented Wrestlemanias over the past few years.
It's boring with a capital B, and it's not even me being biased because I'm on the Hardy bandwagon and tired of those 3.
No matter who wins nothign is advanced and nothing new or exciting happens.

It's just quite simply, and factually, an inferior and more shallow choice than Cena/Hardy who are the two biggest stars right now and have never gotten it on properly. Hardy rose to fame in Cena's absence.

What ever happened to Wrestlemania main events showcasing fresh matchups, introducing first time WM main eventers, propelling the hottest star, and being the crowning event for the biggest stars of the moment and past year getting their due?

At least Cena going over HHH and HBK had a big feel to them and did something for the future of the company and felt fresh and interesting at the same time.

Garbage really. Edge/Taker without a doubt should go on last, but it won't.

Jeritron
02-20-2008, 05:24 AM
Also, without a doubt the storylines and matchups of Orton's past few fueds were far more compelling, fresh and interesting. The Jericho return, although botched, garned way more interest and was way more fresh. And the Jeff Hardy fued was as entertaining and exciting as anything they've put forth in the past few years, Mania or not.

And they wasted them. Granted they didn't draw as much. But after the slew of challengers Orton's gone through, it just all seems so boring. After constantly upping the ante in terms of who he has to face, now he's just thrown in a triple threat with the guy he won the title off of and the guy he faced for it last, who've already headlined the past 5 wrestlemanias, one of which against eachother.

I'm all for any of those 3 in the main event but for christsakes make it more intersting

Londoner
02-20-2008, 06:34 AM
I think the reason for a triple threat was maybe because somebody didn't want to do the JOB to the other person.

Think you may have a point there! Im guessing HHH wanted to be in the main event, but didnt want to have to job AGAIN to cena, so ortons just basically keeping the belt warm for supercunts win at wm.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2008, 06:56 AM
I don't see why John Cena gets his shot at WrestleMania, and not on RAW heading in there. You know, which would make sense. Triple Threat Matches are great when there are multiple issues afoot, and there is need for interaction. What the WWE is doing, essentially, is booking the Triple Threat, and then throwing in tension. It's backwards booking.

Why the fuck would Triple H, from a thinking perspective, want John Cena in the match? He doesn't even need to be involved in the decision to lose now, which I think is pretty fucking stupid for a WrestleMania main event, and I bet that is what happens, and leads to Triple H's rumoured heel turn. What should have happened, was that Triple H gave Cena a Pedigree, and let Orton get the pin, and the hit Orton with a Pedigree after the match.

John Cena now has an issue with Triple H. Something that in the WWE world, needs to be addressed, and provides a reason with John Cena wanting to face Triple H again, either when Triple H becomes WWE Champion, or before then. It builds to Cena vs. HHH II, which is meant to draw money, I suppose. Randy Orton vs. Triple H then becomes a one-on-one match, which apparently according to fans, they would rather see than the Triple Threat, which makes sense, because you've got a winner and a loser, and no third wheel.

Let's go a little further with perfecting the main event, though. It's still not what the fans want to see, and what they are willing to pay for. I'm not his biggest fan, but Jeff Hardy is arguably the most popular guy on the WWE roster right now. The fans wanted him to win more than Triple H, they don't boo him whenever he does anything like they do Cena. Shawn Michaels was actually their first choice, and I'll get to that in a second.

Have Jeff Hardy approach William Regal, and tell Regal that WrestleMania is supposed to be about the main event. A guy who can steal the show. Jeff points out he is the fan favourite these days, that he's been the story on everyone's lips, and that if WrestleMania is truly the largest spectacle in sports entertainment, it needs to present the most electric match possible. Jeff points out he is 1-1 with Triple H recently, and that Trips should have to defend his title shot against Jeff Hardy. William Regal makes the match, with his reasoning being that if Triple H really deserves to be #1 Contender, he should have no trouble beating Hardy. Jeff Hardy defeats Triple H when John Cena interferes, upset about getting screwed out of the chance to main event his fourth straight WrestleMania, and Jeff Hardy is the new #1 Contender. RKO to Hardy to build to it. John Cena vs. Triple H II is confirmed, with the winner getting a WWE Title shot, and if you want to get extreme, the loser will be forced to "leave town."

Shawn Michaels challenges Ric Flair to a match at WrestleMania, so some punk kid trying to break through the glass ceiling trying to strut his stuff doesn't get to do it, and while Flair says it would be an honour, HBK is not yet retiring. His mind doesn't need to be on the past, it needs to be on the now. Flair tells HBK to stop worrying about him, and get in the WrestleMania main event while it seems to be changing every week.

William Regal does not like the idea of giving Shawn Michaels a spot at WrestleMania, but Flair bargains for Michaels, and says that he will agree to face anyone at WrestleMania if HBK gets a WWE Title match, and it doesn't need to be at WrestleMania, it can be tonight on RAW. Vince McMahon wanders in, and likes that idea. He takes Flair up on this offer, and HBK gets a WWE Title match against Randy Orton. Ric Flair accompanies Shawn Michaels to ringside, and Randy Orton uses all the heel tricks he can muster, but Ric Flair keeps Orton in the ring to prevent a countout, and he Orton from using weapons, etc. Basically Flair puts the stops on Orton's effectiveness as a heel, and he eats the Sweet Chin Music, and HBK is a four-time WWE Champion. Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels celebrate after the match, and Jeff Hardy appears on stage with the WWE Intercontinental Championship, and looks from his belt to Shawn Michaels', as Flair applauds both guys.

Randy Orton begs William Regal and Vince McMahon to let him be the guy to face Flair's career at WrestleMania, and that he will completely destroy Flair. Vince and Regal like this idea, and they sign Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton in a Career Threatening Match. To light a fire under Randy Orton, though, Vince McMahon also puts Randy Orton's career on the line.

Jeff Hardy and Shawn Michaels are without a doubt the guys with the most fan support on RAW right now. From a WrestleMania main event perspective, it would make the most money. You don't need two faces in there, but Randy Orton is not yet established enough, or quite frankly, good enough, to justify being in a WrestleMania main event. HBK would get a great match out of Jeff Hardy, and they could even get the IC Title involved, and actually do a version of Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior with some good wrestling. It would be a great passing the torch moment, too.

The fans are not going to care if John Cena is not in the main event, and his fans, specifically, will probably follow him more intently if he is pissed off about not being in it, and he goes after the man responsible for it. It's a proven successful formula: The babyface has to battle his way to the top. No, he's not always an "underdog," he just has to actually earn his shot to the point where when he gets it, there's no question he deserves it. Both John Cena and Triple H need a break from headlining, anyway. Neither man draws, why should they keep getting placed in positions as if they do?

Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton would not be my favourite match of all-time, and I think they can do better with Flair, but it makes more sense, and would be a better match than Flair vs. Batista. Flair vs. HBK also helps no one, even though it would be the best match of the three. Who says you even need to go with Flair losing? Give Flair the fluke win, by just being a smart bastard. Or fuck, even have Shawn Michaels help Flair win, to put over their friendship, eventually leading to HBK vs. Flair. Randy Orton losing would blow the roof off the place, even though you aren't really going to fire him. It'd take the angle in an interesting direction, and Orton could beat Flair with a steel chair on RAW, and earn Vince's favour and get re-instated as an active member of the roster. Maybe Vince could need a little further convincing, and get Orton to join a very special club. Vince is happy, because his ass gets to be on TV again, and Orton looks like an ass kisser, literally, and becomes the epitome of what a heel should be.

I'm in a writing mood, so you'll have to forgive me for going "Noid" on all of you, and writing a full length column, but really, the following card would be much better than what the WWE is currently presenting, in my opinion:

* Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship and the WWE Intercontinental Championship
* John Cena vs. Triple H II
* Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton in a Career Threatening Match (with both careers on the line)

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2008, 06:59 AM
John Cena will win at WrestleMania.

Cuzziebro
02-20-2008, 07:02 AM
i cant bleive cena beat orton to make triple threat why tripl h not pedogreee cena fag ass to the floor,,, i dont want 3way i want ortin to rko hhh and retain forever but n0w cena goin win like alwayz i hate cena ,,plus did u see his cap it orang like a pumpken what a fukin faget.

actual i dont like orton to win or cena i wish hhh wn and stone colds come back and win wwe title and feud with cody rhodes

Totally off topic, but I am officially a scoobydoo22 mark.

Londoner
02-20-2008, 07:02 AM

You wrote all that(regarding your other post which is too long to bother quoting) without making val venis wwe champion? *insert shocked face here*

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2008, 07:07 AM

You wrote all that(regarding your other post which is too long to bother quoting) without making val venis wwe champion? *insert shocked face here*

Actually, I think the only time I've suggested Val Venis be WWE Champion was when John Cena got injured, and Venis dominated that poll. It would have sent the message that the WWE listens to its fans' opinions, even when they are being ridiculous, and if the idea didn't pan out well, then the WWE could have had an excuse to ignore the fans at every turn.

The other times are just myths, or in threads where people say "make anyone a World Champion" for fun.

But seriously...Val Venis running out during the MITB Ladder Match, stealing the briefcase, then coming out after the main event, cashing in his title shot then and there, beating John Cena to become the fourth real Grand Slam Champion, and then cutting a promo about how he's not going to be a nice guy anymore would make me happy in the pants. It can't become any more of a parody than TNA.

Londoner
02-20-2008, 07:09 AM
You know me, im only messing mate. Bit drunk also.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2008, 07:10 AM
And no, when I said "But seriously" I wasn't being completely serious.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2008, 07:11 AM
You know me, im only messing mate. Bit drunk also.

Yeah, I know. Didn't mean to appear snappy or anything.

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Noid, fuck you for Noiding up this post. Next time, just point the classic: Spoiler Warning, Cena wins.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Noid, fuck you for Noiding up this post. Next time, just point the classic: Spoiler Warning, Cena wins.

Spoiler: Cena wins?

Better?

I would like to see someone make a Mortal Kombat type screen, with "Spoiler: Cena Wins" on the screen, as Shao Kahn or someone lays dead.

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Spoiler: Cena wins?

Better?

I would like to see someone make a Mortal Kombat type screen, with "Spoiler: Cena Wins" on the screen, as Shao Kahn or someone lays dead.

Spoiler Warning: Cena wins. That is what you should have writen.

Also, as long as we are doing this, have Kane coming out from the bottom saying "Toastie!"

Kane Knight
02-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Actually, I was thinking how awesome it would be if someone at TV Guide (Where most cable programs get their listings) put on the screen for the Raw preview "Spoiler: Cena Wins!"