PDA

View Full Version : Dear WWE

GD
02-21-2008, 05:04 AM
I don't get it, why does the wwe have so many belts and talents that they cannot showcase on a ppv?

Cuzziebro
02-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Because nobody cares about anything else but Superfag and the WWE Championship, or so WWE thinks.

Afterlife
02-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Every show could feature every wrestler and have every belt on the line. But there is a problem with that scenario: this is a Show.

Shows have characters, stories, agendas, and, at the core of it all, emotion. With out emotion, there is no reason for anyone to tune it. Therein lies the human interest. But the emotion can be neither created nor sustained without the characters employing their agendas to develop the stories.

If everyone was on every episode after all the belts, then the show gets watered down, repetative and nobody cares. And, as much as that line sets up every cynical Kane Knight duplicate on this board to make a joke about "What would be different?", it needs to be understood. In all seriousness, the talent is hired to work the show; the shows are not created for the talent. The belts are there to push the talent, and the talent, with aby luck, to push the belts. But that relationship, in and of itself, is simply to push the show.

You are hired for what you have achieved. But, you are hired to achieve for the show.

Tommy Gunn
02-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Jeff and MVP should defend their titles more than once a month, and I'm not sure MVP has even defended his in the last month. Jeff doesn't even need the IC title anymore, he's so over, it's nothing more than a piece of wardrobe to him now.

GD
02-21-2008, 07:02 AM
So guys like London and Kendrick go unnoticed even after having a long tenure as the tag champs on smackdown? What about Morrison? that guy is yet to debut at Wrestlemania.

Purgatory
02-21-2008, 08:10 AM
*sigh* I think their reasoning evolves around their biggest ass slave, Cena. As much as I know they'd like to, they just can't put every belt on him. So, they just kinda pass them around. The IC title has become so meaningless that they just gave it to Hardy to go with whatever that crack-induced ensemble is that he wears.

John Morrison...yet another fucking wonder. He starts as a jobber, get's repackaged into a tag-team that was nothing without Melina, then get's repackaged AGAIN into the Singles bracket (does nothing memorable the whole time), get's re-repackaged into 'John Morrison', a shitty ripoff of Jim Morrison, is given the ECW title because it clearly doesn't mean anything to the WWE at all, then the fucking jobber is Tag Champs with The Miz. It's pretty clear to me why they won't let him in Wrestlemania. I wouldn't either.

Tommy Gunn
02-21-2008, 08:28 AM
London and Kendrick's move to Raw was the kiss of death, tag teams just don't fare well on the Cena show. Smackdown has alot less 'main event' guys, so they seem to concentrate more on building their midcard talent. There's no way Noble & Chuck would have had their feud on Raw, they'd probably be jobbing to Snitsky on heat.

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
1) Dear WWE would suggest you are writing an open letter to WWE, yet your post is not a letter.

2) It isn't the WWE, it is just WWE. You wouldn't say The World Wrestling Entertainment, would you?

3) Other wise, I agree to a point. There really should only be 1 tag team title, 1 world/heavywieght title, and the US, IC, and ECW should be the highest titles defend per brand. The World Heavywieght, Tag Team, and Women's title should be defended on both shows and work out some sort of rotating contendership.

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2008, 12:09 PM
4) Writting letters to WWE is my fucking gimmick, then again Bats hasn't been given a title shot for a while now, so I haven't had to write any.

Slow
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
4) Writting letters to WWE is my fucking gimmick, then again Bats hasn't been given a title shot for a while now, so I haven't had to write any.

Dammit BDC, don't jinx it! You know what the wwe's like, don't put it past them to find a way to add him to the match at wrestlemania

DarKCentaur
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
John Morrison...yet another fucking wonder. He starts as a jobber, get's repackaged into a tag-team that was nothing without Melina, then get's repackaged AGAIN into the Singles bracket (does nothing memorable the whole time), get's re-repackaged into 'John Morrison', a shitty ripoff of Jim Morrison, is given the ECW title because it clearly doesn't mean anything to the WWE at all, then the fucking jobber is Tag Champs with The Miz. It's pretty clear to me why they won't let him in Wrestlemania. I wouldn't either.

I think he's been awesome as John Morrison. Much better than his "been there, done that" Nitro character. And he was really only given the ECW Title because some other guy was supposed to win it, and they wanted to build CM Punk up a little more. Him and Punk had a great feud, and there you go: two ECW stars made.

RVDmark
02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Also Johnny Nitro's move to singles was because Joey Mercury fucked up, not WWE or Nitro himself. Mercury went to rehab and Nitro became a singles wrestler by default. Since thn, Melina has improved greatly, and Morrison has ended up on shopw that I used to care about, but got watered down. They are on Sci-Fi becaus they wanted to be a bit mor edgy, and then threw it all away. Until TNA sorts themselves out, or I win the lottery and try and get Heyman to start a fed, were stuck with it. However my need to watch wrestling is being overtaken by the desire to not watch anymore because its not exciting.

That said NWO was a solid PPV. Quick question to th wise amongst us, why are there so few promo's on WWE PPV's? Its the time when they hav to fill in the most because ther are no ad breaks, but the promo's are often non existant or short. ANd the video package before each match, whilst usually a quality package, is no replacement for an in person promo.

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Dammit BDC, don't jinx it! You know what the wwe's like, don't put it past them to find a way to add him to the match at wrestlemania

You know, the Smackdown mainevent is made of 3 of the most injury prone wrestlers today...4 if you count Rey Mysterio. So you never know, Undertaker might tear something, thus making Bats the #1 contender only for Edge to tear something thus making Bats champion only for Bats to tear soemthing and them slapping the belt back on Collie, making him to worst 2 time champion of all time.

Chavo Classic
02-21-2008, 04:26 PM
They've even forgotten they have some belts.

Chavo Classic
02-21-2008, 04:27 PM
The Cruiserweight title btw

IC Champion
02-21-2008, 04:40 PM
there's a cruiserweight champ?

Chavo Classic
02-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Wow, do the obvious joke.

Xero
02-21-2008, 04:56 PM
There's a cruiserweight division?

Chavo Classic
02-21-2008, 08:16 PM
:rofl:

Chavo Classic
02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Blitz has comic genius Instant Classic can only dream about.

Blitz
02-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I'm the man.

IC Champion
02-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I was being serious actually.

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2008, 08:41 PM
There isn't a cruiserwieght title or division right now.

Afterlife
02-22-2008, 06:09 AM
They're waiting for Helms to return. Don't forget, all their cruisers are tag teams now, save for the one fighting the biker.