PDA

View Full Version : Today's WrestleMania Press Conference

The Duck
03-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Mike Johnson attended the WWE Wrestlemania XX press conference this afternoon at Planet Hollywood in New York City, and called in the following notes:

The big story was the fans in attendance, with three interesting moments created by them. First, when Vince McMahon began talking about the brand extension, the fans booed him.

The second incident was when Paul Heyman came out, and a loud 'ECW' chant began. In fact, it was so loud that the proceedings virtually stopped. Triple H made a comment saying "This is Wrestlemania, not a bingo parlor", while Heyman grinned. Heyman later told Triple H that he grew up in New York watching the greats defend what is now the WWE Title at Madison Square Garden, not the title belt that Triple H holds now.

The third incident was when Brock Lesnar came out, with the fans chanting and yelling at Brock about why he is leaving the company. No mention was made of it by Brock, Vince, or anyone else on the panel, but Brock was glaring at the portions of the crowd where the chants and yells were coming from.

[Source: PWInsider.com]

Haha, this made me crack up. Gotta love the New York fans.

Hired Hitman
03-11-2004, 05:43 PM
The second incident was when Paul Heyman came out, and a loud 'ECW' chant began. In fact, it was so loud that the proceedings virtually stopped. Triple H made a comment saying "This is Wrestlemania, not a bingo parlor", while Heyman grinned. Heyman later told Triple H that he grew up in New York watching the greats defend what is now the WWE Title at Madison Square Garden, not the title belt that Triple H holds now.

:cool:

SuperSlim
03-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Heyman is the man

Loose Cannon
03-11-2004, 06:16 PM
LMAO at NY Fans giving it to Brock. I wish I was there today.

MVP
03-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Heyman is the man

Mr. JL
03-11-2004, 10:32 PM

:cool:
Heyman's the man...

BUT don't give Triple H any ideas!

CANADIAN
03-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Heyman's the man...

BUT don't give Triple H any ideas!

So true.

Shaggy
03-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Makes me with that when they show the recap on tv that they would show all that. I hate it when WWE cuts the good stuff out.

Kane Knight
03-11-2004, 11:11 PM
They forgot the part where they announced a record 50-man wrestling cutback for financial reasons...

...Namely that HHH has requested a sturdier glass ceiling.

John la Rock
03-12-2004, 02:56 AM
ECW! ECW! ECW! gotta love the New York Fans :y:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-12-2004, 03:52 AM
"This is Wrestlemania, not a bingo parlor" .:lol:

Mr.Violent J
03-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Better Wrestling happened in that "Bingo Parlor" than Hunter is ever capable of doing.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-12-2004, 04:05 AM
Better Wrestling happened in that "Bingo Parlor" than Hunter is ever capable of doing.
:rofl: Stupid fool

Rock Bottom
03-12-2004, 06:30 AM
Triple H is one of the most capable wrestlers EVER. (Just too bad he also happens to be the most egotistical.) So Violent J, "Fookawff!"

Sephiroth
03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Yeah i heard my cousin was there, he said some guys wanted to throw tomatoes, then they realized they didnt had tomatoes and they leaved :nono: stupid cunts