PDA

View Full Version : Credit Where Credit's Due...

Kane Knight
02-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I honestly think that both JR and King need to retire, that they're past their prime, and that they annoy me, but at least they don't have the same effect on me that the TNA announcers have on me. When JR and King talk, I have a tendency to listen, rather than jack down the sound. I might berate JR for calling the wrong move, but I give enough of a flying fuck to actually notice.

TNA's announce team could be vividly describing the mutilation and consumption of live people right now, and I wouldn't know it. Hell, they could be telling us the meaning of life, and I wouldn't fucking know it.

So yeah, I think JR and King are bad, but at least they're not that bad. I know it's not exactly overwhelming praise, but it's really saying something.

El Fangel
02-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Bah Gawd Your Right.

Honestly I agree with you like 102.43% They are past thier prime, but then again who is going to have such chemistry as JR and The King, these guys are golden.

PUPPIES!

BigDaddyCool
02-21-2008, 10:57 PM
What you are saying is that we should give JR and King credit because they are better than 2 sacks of shit? Good for them.

MaverickNJ
02-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Basically from the first time I started watching wrestling they were the two I heard. JR and King are still my favorite, and it's always fun to scream slobberknocker.:lol:

Vastardikai
02-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Tenay and West make me want to punch a baby.

JR and King make me want to roll my eyes...

So, guess which one is better...

IC Champion
02-21-2008, 11:13 PM
I agree, TNA's Team is terrble. They actually take away from the matches, and dont do much more than just describe in horrible detail thats really over the top.

Mr. Pierre
02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I can't stand it in TNA whenever I want to hear a crowd reaction and I can't.

*Crowd's going wild after a nice spot*

DW: "And lischen to thisch crowd! Itsch unreal! Thisch isch INSCHANE!"

Maybe I could listen if you stfu :mad:

Heros Welcome
02-21-2008, 11:30 PM
TNA's announce team is the reason peoples ears bleed

Mercury Bullet
02-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Tenay isn't as bad as West. But thats not saying he is good by any means.

But yes, JR and King are way better even in their decline.

The Optimist
02-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Tenay is like the middle ground between Joey Styles when he was with the WWE the first time and Joey Styles on WWECW. Which is as strong a complement as I can muster, because he's pretty concise and accurate most of the time when he's not fumbling aimlessly around the rest of the card trying to find something interesting to talk about.

Don West is like the middle ground between a screaming baby on a crowded airplane and a that sound that Jim Carrey makes in Dumb & Dumber.

KYR
02-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Despite their errors and limitations, JR & King are the best. Why retire the best?

Let's either:
(a) Work on improving the not-so-good announcers or
(b) Replace the not-so-good announcers.

Don't get rid of the best you have before you can replace them with a better product.

GD
02-22-2008, 12:53 AM
JR just signed a 2 year contract. Whom do you think will replace them? Todd & Josh. That would be so...backstreet boys.

The Mackem
02-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Tenay was always a better third man like he was with WCW. Piping in with valuable information from time to time. Play by play, I've never thought he was as good although it can't help being sat next to Don West. I bet Don drops a load of egg farts during events, the ones that distract you and make you need to go outside for fresh air. It can't be easy working in those conditions.

FourFifty
02-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Basically from the first time I started watching wrestling they were the two I heard. JR and King are still my favorite, and it's always fun to scream slobberknocker.:lol:

You clearly never heard Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon :'(

The Optimist
02-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Still. JR and King get on because of how they were. I will admit, they were great. King more than JR. I remember old events with Vince doing the face commentary and King doing the heel commentary, fucking greatness. Lawler used to be the meanest son of a bitch the commentary boothe had ever seen, which sold hate like it was going out of style. He wasn't hilarious like Heenan but he was an entirely malicious person, like going on and on about Stu Hart in his dying days in an Owen Bret fued for almost no reason. And King can't blame palzy on his failure.

Avenger
02-22-2008, 06:58 AM
JR and King are terrible!

The main event of NWO they barely called a single move!

Mr. Nerfect
02-22-2008, 07:21 AM
I disagree with you, KK. JR and King don't make me want to end my life, sure, but I don't listen to them. When I do, they aren't that offensive, but that is just not good enough.

Skippord
02-22-2008, 07:46 AM
I just hate when Don West and Mike Tenay constantly interrupt peoples interviews with their insight

Kane Knight
02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
What you are saying is that we should give JR and King credit because they are better than 2 sacks of shit? Good for them.

More that, for all the shit I give them, they're not exactly the be all and end all of suck.

Mr. Nerfect
02-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Mike Tenay is pretty good, actually. Don West needs to go. I can understand their need to scrap together a commentary team back in the day, but they're now six years older, and have six years worth of growth to accept. They don't need Don West anymore.

BigDaddyCool
02-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Last night Don West said something along the line of Booker T being unbelievably quickness. Then saying crap it is amazing how fast Booker T can move for a man his size. Here is the thing, Booker T isn't all that fast when compared to wrestlers who are fast. Also, Booker T is tall, but not that heavy, when compared to other wrestler his height.

I mean that is just one small little thing, but he does crap like that constantly. Plus his voice sucks. Plus they are more likely to say Rellik is killer backwards and comment on Black Riegn being the alterego of Dustin Roodes like anyone give a shit.

Porcupine
02-22-2008, 11:43 AM
See, JR and King have gotten worse and arent as good as they used to be, but theres a little problem.

If they retire, do we really have a better alternative at the moment?

Look on Smackdown, JBL leaves the booth and we get Cole/Coach who are an atrocious couple. Do you think WWE would really get a better replacement for JR and King? JR and King might have gotten worse, but if they go, the alternative might be much much worse than what we have now.

Kane Knight
02-22-2008, 12:06 PM
See, JR and King have gotten worse and arent as good as they used to be, but theres a little problem.

If they retire, do we really have a better alternative at the moment?

Look on Smackdown, JBL leaves the booth and we get Cole/Coach who are an atrocious couple. Do you think WWE would really get a better replacement for JR and King? JR and King might have gotten worse, but if they go, the alternative might be much much worse than what we have now.

That's self perpetuating logic. As long as they cut down any announcer put up and keep the duo in charge, it will never change. The question will always be "well, what alternative do we have at the moment?" That's ridiculous.

dablackguy
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
King I can deal with. JR miscalling moves or not calling them at all is ridiculous.

The whole idea of announcers is that they should add something to the experience. Hell, if I'm just flipping through the channels and happen to turn on wrestling, this guy SHOULD explain to me what's going on and while neither does that, at least King doesn't blatantly misquote facts and misname moves

ddpBANG
02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Tenay was always a better third man like he was with WCW. Piping in with valuable information from time to time. Play by play, I've never thought he was as good although it can't help being sat next to Don West.
:y: Exactly what I was going to say.

St. Jimmy
02-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Imagine a Team off JR, Don West, and Mark Madden.

Crossrine
02-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Imagine a Team off JR, Don West, and Mark Madden.

Wheres the blow my self up smiley...?