PDA

View Full Version : Fuck it, here's a scenario.

Chavo Classic
02-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Wrestlemania.... Flair versus whoever it might be, although probably Ken Kennedy in a retirement match. Flair is being dominated and looks to be beaten until CM PUNK hits the ring.

The announcers are certain Punk is here to give support to Flair, especially following their emotional interactions on ECW tv. Flair, against the run of play, gets Kennedy in the figure-four and Kennedy is about to tap but...

...Punk clocks Kennedy with a chair and scores the DQ win against Flair, who is now forced to Retire as the stipulation. Punk cuts a long, heel promo on how Ric Flair is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the human spirit. His drinking, womanising, limo-riding etc etc, it all makes him sick. Punk says Flair could have been the greatest ever, big than Hogan, the Rock and Austin put together, but he blew it, he and his excesses blew it... and that makes Punk sick.

It makes Punk sick because Flair was his idol, his hero. And now the Nature Boy is in a position where he has to retire because his body is at breaking point not because of wrestling, because of his sinful lifestyle. And that makes Flair the most selfish son of a bitch ever. So, as much as it hurts Punk to do it, he must rid the world of professional wrestling of Flair because it's what is best for Flair and his fans.

Cue massive heat and a massive heel turn for Punk. And the possibility of a return for Flair around Summerslam and a stellar series of feud matches.

Shades of Cactus Jack/Dreamer feud from ECW I know, but this would be the perfect way to put Punk over and leave Flair a chance to return into a hot feud.

The Optimist
02-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Just to clear it up, would Punk be interfering because Flair makes him sick or because Flair needs to leave because he's screwed himself? You make it a bit cloudy. I think personal hatred, which is probably what you were driving most towards, would get him more heat.

The problem is, where does this go? I'd assume that Ric Flair would manage some younger star on to face Punk in a fued. But besides Kennedy, who would that be?

GD
02-22-2008, 07:23 PM
I like the straight edge storyline. A heel punk can take raw to the next level.

addy2hotty
02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I like the straight edge storyline. A heel punk can take raw to the next level.

No he can't.

What is the 'next level' on Raw anyway? Average from below average?

The Optimist
02-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Yes. Not sucking is the next level.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2008, 01:38 AM
That is fucking brilliant, actually. Ric Flair losing by pinfall or submission would give the rub to the person who defeats him, but this way you get two people over. One person actually defeats Ric Flair, CM Punk is responsible, and Ric Flair "ends his career" (it would not truly be the end) with a massive question mark next to it. Brilliant, if you ask me.

Ric Flair will probably face Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania, so CM Punk could also take it out on HBK, as well, and attack Michaels because of his old lifestyle, while HBK can talk about how he's a changed man, and then Punk can say "Well your God obviously doesn't forgive you, because I appear to be punishing you for your sins." Shawn Michaels w/Ric Flair vs. CM Punk would be a damn good match.

Dare I suggest bringing in Colt Cabana for a tag team match against Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels?

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Really, the whole "DQ" thing could be a great way to get anyone over as a heel. Elijah Burke, for example, could attack Flair's opponent, and claim that he took offence to Flair saying that he would never amount to what Flair has accomplished, so he decided to end his career.

Juan
02-23-2008, 06:40 AM
This is exactly what should happen. :y:

Chavo Classic
02-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Just to clear it up, would Punk be interfering because Flair makes him sick or because Flair needs to leave because he's screwed himself? You make it a bit cloudy. I think personal hatred, which is probably what you were driving most towards, would get him more heat.

The problem is, where does this go? I'd assume that Ric Flair would manage some younger star on to face Punk in a fued. But besides Kennedy, who would that be?

Flair makes Punk sick because Punk idolised Flair, and he hated seeing Flair throw his great career away through his excessive lifestyle.

I had the idea reading Mick Foley's 1st book about how he hated Tommy Dreamer for being extreme. He didn't dislike Tommy, he actually loved him but he hated seeing him throw away his career by sticking in ECW and destroying his body and not accepting a move to Bischoff's WCW. He took it upon himself to beat Tommy up and drive him away from ECW because it was what was best for him.

My angle has the same idea. Punk loves/loved Flair. Hated Flair blow his whole career and the chance to be the biggest ever, and so wanted to deliver him from his sins and away from his lifestyle that ruined his career and possibly his overall health. It's perfect. Added to that the obvious connotations of Punk's straight-edge lifestyle and the reasons for doing so are obvious.

In regards to where it goes is also the beauty. It can go anyway. Flair can return in a management or active capacity and take on Punk down the road. I mean come on, wrestlers never retire

Chavo Classic
02-23-2008, 08:03 AM
That is fucking brilliant, actually. Ric Flair losing by pinfall or submission would give the rub to the person who defeats him, but this way you get two people over. One person actually defeats Ric Flair, CM Punk is responsible, and Ric Flair "ends his career" (it would not truly be the end) with a massive question mark next to it. Brilliant, if you ask me.

Ric Flair will probably face Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania, so CM Punk could also take it out on HBK, as well, and attack Michaels because of his old lifestyle, while HBK can talk about how he's a changed man, and then Punk can say "Well your God obviously doesn't forgive you, because I appear to be punishing you for your sins." Shawn Michaels w/Ric Flair vs. CM Punk would be a damn good match.

Dare I suggest bringing in Colt Cabana for a tag team match against Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels?

One step too far with Cabana getting involved.

But I like the idea of HBK getting involved and feeling guilt towards what happened and directing it at punk. This would be the best way to forward if Flair is against a face, rather than a heel, at Mania