PDA

View Full Version : Fuck you Fox

BigDaddyCool
02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Play new cartoons on Sunday nights. I'm tired of football and nascar pushing Family Guy, King of the Hill, and Simpson off the air. :foc:

And what the hell is up with have only like 3 new episodes a season before running repeats. This is crap.

Discuss.

CSL
02-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, we don't even get Fox and it does my head in

Kane Knight
02-25-2008, 01:07 PM
This whole "Three new episodes and then reruns" bit is really fucking stupid.

BigDaddyCool
02-25-2008, 01:32 PM
And with the Simpsons it seems like every year now the first episode is a tree house of horror (which get worse every year because they aren't even halloween anymore) which is aired around Thanksgiving. Then a real episode. Then they either have a flashback episode, or a story episode.

WestNZ
02-27-2008, 04:39 AM
well, im getting sick of the simpsons, i like watching the new episodes, but they are played way too much over here, if you plan your watching shcedule right, with in the space of 3 months you could have watched EVERY episode, and a few m ore repeated episodes. Bloody ridiculous.

On the plus side, Family Guy and King Of the Hill are wicked, and not played often enough.

Kane Knight
02-28-2008, 12:21 PM
And with the Simpsons it seems like every year now the first episode is a tree house of horror (which get worse every year because they aren't even halloween anymore) which is aired around Thanksgiving. Then a real episode. Then they either have a flashback episode, or a story episode.

The whole thing with the World Series is stupid. I understand it's high rated and so on, but delaying the Halloween episode until Christmas is retarded. Pick a date that doesn't interfere with Baseball or something.

And we don't need five storytelling episodes a season. This shit is getting worse and worse. They were cute once or twice (The Bible episode for example), but come on....

Kane Knight
02-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Also, Family Guy doing storytelling shit in the same vein is stupid. Combine that with Blue Harvest (Which may actually be good), and we're going down a bad path for these shows.

Fox
02-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah! Stupid Fox...

(feeling relieved that this thread isn't somehow about me)

Kris P Lettus
02-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Football shouldn't have affected prime time that much though.. The "late" FOX game starts at 3 pm CST and would be over by 6:30pm CST..

Doesn't "prime time" start at 7pm CST??

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Football isn't as much a problem as NASCAR, especially since Fox decided to have coverage of the rain delay at the race all Sunday night.

Kane Knight
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Football shouldn't have affected prime time that much though.. The "late" FOX game starts at 3 pm CST and would be over by 6:30pm CST..

Football is often still running at 8 Eastern (Which is 7 central), then Fox does an half an hour of recap and so on, which often carries to 8:30 or 9.

BigDaddyCool
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Regular season wasn't the problem as much as they had the pro-bowl, super-bowl, some 3 year old movie, and now some dumb show they have been heavily promoting but it is going to suck.

Kris P Lettus
02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Football is often still running at 8 Eastern (Which is 7 central), then Fox does an half an hour of recap and so on, which often carries to 8:30 or 9.

No..

Games kickoff at 3pm CST and never, ever go over 3 and a half hours, even if it's the slowest game ever..

You are wrong..

Kris P Lettus
02-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Now, "bowl" games are different because of a longer halftime etc but the 17 regular season games never run over three and a half hours..

Also, FOX (NFC) and CBS (AFC) split the "double header" so unless your local coverage team is playing on the west coast on a certain week, like 6 times outta 10, there won't even be a "late" game on FOX..

Kane Knight
03-01-2008, 09:03 AM
You can say I'm wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that there are regular season games on my TV at 8...

Kris P Lettus
03-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Oh there is..

On NBC..

St. Jimmy
03-02-2008, 02:10 PM
No, there are games running over late on Fox all the time. Then the fucking recap shows pre-empting the only good shows on their network (Besides House)

BigDaddyCool
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Well, they are doing it again.

Kane Knight
03-02-2008, 08:16 PM
No, there are games running over late on Fox all the time. Then the fucking recap shows pre-empting the only good shows on their network (Besides House)

St Jimmy knows.

Well, they are doing it again.

And it'll probably happen next week, too. The Kobalt Tools 500. :wtf:

Kris P Lettus
03-02-2008, 08:28 PM

Unless they go into overtime, no NFL regular season game is gonna last over 3 and 1/2 hours, EVER..

Games kick off at 3pm CST.. That plus the 30 minute post game takes it off the air at 7pm CST..

You can not argue with facts..

St. Jimmy
03-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Unless they go into overtime, no NFL regular season game is gonna last over 3 and 1/2 hours, EVER..

Games kick off at 3pm CST.. That plus the 30 minute post game takes it off the air at 7pm CST..

You can not argue with facts..

Yeah, cause telling me something that three people don't PHYSICALLY SEE on a normal basis isn't real is "Factual". Jesus Christ, it's like you're fucking five.

Kane Knight
03-02-2008, 08:59 PM
You can not argue with facts, Jimmy. Your eyes are lying to you.

Kane Knight
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Look. Alls I'm saying is it's physically impossible. Who are you to argue with empirical science?

Xero
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah, cause telling me something that <s>three</s> four people don't PHYSICALLY SEE on a normal basis isn't real is "Factual". Jesus Christ, it's like you're fucking five.

Kris P Lettus
03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Three games (with some exceptions, see below) are broadcast in any one market each Sunday afternoon, with one network getting a "double-header" each week (the 1:00 p.m. ET (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Eastern_Time_Zone)/10:00 a.m. PT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Time_Zone) and 4:15 p.m. ET/1:15 p.m. PT games) while the other network broadcasting either a 1:00 p.m. ET or a 4:05 p.m. ET game.from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_television)

4:15 pm EST is the absolute latest game broadcast on Sundays on FOX during the regular season..

How long is an average NFL regulation game?

Answer

Usually about 3 hours.

from here (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_is_an_average_NFL_regulation_game)

Can't really find any "proof" but their post game show is not long at all.. I don't even think it's 30 minutes cause NBC's "Football Night in America" is running well before the FOX (or CBS) late game is done..

road doggy dogg
03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Fox Sundays have been in the shitter since they stopped airing Futurama :foc:

OssMan
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
You are stupid, games go to 8 all the time

BigDaddyCool
03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Also, what the shit was that last night on the simpsons. Bart doesn't run a gang, Nelson did, Jimbo does. Bart just does pranks with Milhouse.

Also, Bart and Nelson aren't best friends, they were for an episode.

If they are going to start doing that kind of crap (which they have been doing) they might as well end the series.

BigDaddyCool
03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I could be mistaken, but a number of the football games on Fox had a 3:30 pm Centrtal Standard Time kick off. Football games tend to last between 3 to 3.5 hours depending on time outs taken, running the ball out of bounds (which stops the clock) and a number of there things. Simpsons is suppose to start at 7:00 pm Central Stardard Time. So you are telling me a game wouldn't overrun the Simpsons time slot ever without overtime? Also, football games were ever as bad as this NASCAR shit.

Kris P Lettus
03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
You are stupid, games go to 8 all the time

You are stupid as you live on the east coast..

Your 8 is my 7..

Kris P Lettus
03-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I could be mistaken, but a number of the football games on Fox had a 3:30 pm Centrtal Standard Time kick off. Football games tend to last between 3 to 3.5 hours depending on time outs taken, running the ball out of bounds (which stops the clock) and a number of there things. Simpsons is suppose to start at 7:00 pm Central Stardard Time. So you are telling me a game wouldn't overrun the Simpsons time slot ever without overtime? Also, football games were ever as bad as this NASCAR shit.

I said it would run over if there was OT..

If there wasn't, even with the post game, it would still be over by 7:15pm CST.. 15 minute delay on your cartoons, maybe 6 weeks a year..

OMG

BigDaddyCool
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I said it would run over if there was OT..

If there wasn't, even with the post game, it would still be over by 7:15pm CST.. 15 minute delay on your cartoons, maybe 6 weeks a year..

OMG

I don't think you realise how important my cartoons are.

Anyhow, it isn't just the football, it is baseball and NASCAR too. The point is, I really don't care about real sports and I want to watch Simpsons...well Family Guy.

Kris P Lettus
03-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Come on, BDC..

Be a man..

BigDaddyCool
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
No, I wanna juice box, and I wanna watch cartoons.

Kane Knight
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Also, what the shit was that last night on the simpsons. Bart doesn't run a gang, Nelson did, Jimbo does. Bart just does pranks with Milhouse.

Also, Bart and Nelson aren't best friends, they were for an episode.

If they are going to start doing that kind of crap (which they have been doing) they might as well end the series.

All for the sake of ripping off the departed, to boot.

Tornado
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I am so far behind with my Family Guy downloading, what was the latest episode?

Kane Knight
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I wonder how many examples it would take for Krispy to realise he's wrong.