PDA

View Full Version : Getting into a Match

Shaggy
03-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Have you ever sat and watched a match and it was so good that you started getting into it and marking out. I was watching the Best of Wrestlemania tonight and when it showed Hart vs Michaels in the Iron Man Match I had that feeling just like I had the first time I watched it. I remember sitting and watching it and every time Michaels would go for the pin on The Hitman I would always jump up like it would make Hart jump up out of the pin. Im a big Hitman fan so I wanted to see him win it. Even though he lost it was still a great match. When it was all over I was quite sad though that he lost.

Name some times when yall have had that feeling.

Splaya
03-12-2004, 12:07 AM
This weekend when Taker first comes out. Mark out moment in a restaurant this weekend.

AareDub
03-12-2004, 12:46 AM
I really got into the HBK/Jericho match from last year's Mania. I almost came out of my seat a few times for near falls.

FourFifty
03-12-2004, 01:34 AM
My fav match ever....

Rick Rude VS Jake Roberts at WMIV.
This match has everything needed for a good match!
A cheating Heel with a legend in his corner, a face with an awesome persona, something big on the line, not to mention damn good in ring skills by two people who are damn good behind the mic.

Nowhere Man
03-12-2004, 02:27 AM
Benoit/Angle from last year's Rumble.

I don't like using artistic expressions when I'm describing wrestling matches, but the only word I can think of when I think of this match is "masterpiece."

I knew there was no way Benoit would get to win the belt, but every time he locked in that Crossface, I was just begging for Angle to tap out. When Benoit hit that DDT on the apron, my friends and I jumped out of our chairs. When Angle popped up and belly-to-bellied Benoit off the turnbuckle, I winced in fear that that was the end. And when Benoit gave Angle that Super German Suplex (you know, the one where Angle was flipped completely over and landed face-first), forget about it--we went nuts. I do believe that was the only time I gave my TV a standing ovation.

I hadn't been that exhausted from a match since Jericho/Malenko back in my mark days.

The Duck
03-12-2004, 01:12 PM
:y: to Jericho vs. Michaels and Benoit vs. Angle - they're the two notable ones I remember really getting into. Rock vs. Austin from Mania XIX was another one.

mitch_h
03-12-2004, 02:11 PM
I can admit that I was marking out pretty bad during Hogan vs Rock from mania.

Mr. JL
03-12-2004, 04:15 PM
I can admit that I was marking out pretty bad during Hogan vs Rock from mania.

Darkone
03-13-2004, 02:55 PM
I remeber the Hayabusa Shinzaki Vs. Sabu and RVD match from Heatwave '97 (Not sure about the year.)

I'd been reading all about Hayabusa over the internet and never had seen him wrestle, and Sabu was my favortie wrestler. Since I didn't live in an area where I got to see ECW on a regular basis, I didn't know what was going to be on that ECW PPV, and I nearly creamed my pants when first Hayabusa and Shinzaki came out, and then Sabu and RVD.

It was a great match to. Hayabusa was uber stiff looking in the match, and it seemed to piss RVD and Sabu off more as they went, till RVD was trying to knock out Hayabusa with each shot, and the ending table spot was insane. A true ECW momment.

That match won match of the year in a few places around the internet if I remeber correctly, and if it didn't, it was nomintated at least.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Austin/Rock, WMXIX.
Rock/HHH (the horribly overbooked one)
Rock vs. Taker/Show Handicap match.
Bret Hart vs. Diesel
Pretty much any Bret Hart win.

Austin coming to the aid of Rock in a match listed above - I marked so hard I farted

rockyrocky
03-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Austin coming to the aid of Rock in a match listed above

That was at Backlash 2000, god I must have seen that ending about a hundred times now but it still gets my heart beating fast, JR's commentery just made it better- especially the part when he went "spinebuster", the crowd went nuts, it was a hot crowd that night.

faust34
03-13-2004, 07:31 PM
1999-2001

pretty much any ppv match that involved the hardyz, Edge and Christian, or the Dudley boyz. From the groundbreaking tag team ladder match for terri's manager's rights, to the first tables match at MSG during the RR, to the first ever TLC match, These guys always made me mark out like a little kid.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Yeah, Austin/Rock mark me out all the time. I'm gay like that. The combo of the two working together makes me into a little boy.

Fox
03-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Shawn Michaels vs. Benoit last month on RAW had me really into it. Then Triple H came and ruined it.

Also, RVD vs. Michaels for the World Heavyweight Title before Armageddon 2002. Small as it was, there was a tiny bit of me that thought RVD might actually win the title on this night.

RVD vs. Eddie Guerrero - Intercontinental Title Ladder Match on RAW
These guys had me on the edge of my seat for the duration of the match, something that rarely happens, especially on RAW. I would give anything to still have a copy of this match.

Mikey
03-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Lesnar vs Angle at WM XIX