PDA

View Full Version : How I'd book the WrestleMania Main Event

Mr. JL
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I'd have the announcers announce at the beginning of WrestleMania 24 that Randy Orton has yet to show up to the arena. Fast forward to the main event with HHH and Cena coming out to the ring. Cue Randy Orton's music and he doesn't walk out. Cue his music up several times, but he still is nowhere to be found.

Have Vince come out to the staging area and claim in this briefcase is a brand spanking new WWE Championship title that he says he was going to present the winner of the triple-threat match. He then says, the match will go on for the WWE CHampionship with or without Randy Orton and if Orton does not show up at least the fans get to see HHH versus Cena in a WrestleMania Main Event Rematch.

After 30 long minutes of a main event and both HHH and Cena are slugging it out (the BOOOOO-YEAAAH-BOOOOOOO-YEAHHHH thing), have the lights to the arena turn off for a few moments. Lights come back on and you see Orton on the mat just about to pounce for the RKO and then he jumps and hits both men with it and pins them both simutaneously... One, Two, Three! In the middle of the ring. Orton's music begins playing and the fans are shocked to see what has just happened.

McMahon starts walking down the aisle, steps in the ring with a microphone and says "congratulations Mr. Randy Orton you fooled everyone here tonight and although your methods are unconventional, you still won the match and retained the WWE Championship and now I am presenting you with a brand new belt."

Just as McMahon is about to take the title out of the briefcase the lights go out AGAIN!

Lights come back on and Jeff Hardy is in the middle of the ring... holding The Money in the Bank briefcase.

Match is immediately started, Jeff Hardy throws a flurry of punches at Orton, Orton pokes Hardy in the eyes and goes for the RKO, but Hardy does that spinout thing they did on Raw a while back and reverses it into the Twist of Fate... Runs to the top turnbuckle and hits the Swanton for the pin to save WrestleMnia and win the WWE Championship.

Cue emotional moment with Hardy celebrating with the old WWE Spinner belt and then have McMahon take the new title out of the briefcase and strap it around the waist of Jeff Hardy.

The Heenan Family
03-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I'd take that. And it will be worth the $70 in HD I'll shell out. But we all know...

SammyG
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
that sucks.

Mr. Pierre
03-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I really like the general idea with Orton retaining, and Hardy cashing in his MITB to win the Championship.

But, to be honest I didn't really like the Orton not there, lights go out thing.

Also, with that general idea, it would continue the Orton/Hardy feud (LMS maybe?) for the title and branch into HHH/Cena for Backlash.

Innovator
03-03-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty high about the Hardy winning MITB/cashing it in scenario, just cause I don't think the 3 way is going to be good.

XL
03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
My only gripe is that Orton gets beaten in 2 moves.

Makes him look super weak if all he does is deliver a double RKO and then takes a Twist of Fate / Swanton Bomb combo to lose the title.

Now...if Orton where to win, go batshit crazy and run up all the turnbuckles before lapping through the crowd in celebration of his dupe over HHH & Cena and THEN get beaten by Hardy in 2 moves it'd be perfect!

Xero
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I think it would be better if they did the RAW main even around mid-show (if they're doing the Hardy thing). Have it go about 10-15 minutes with Orton winning via count-out or something. This allows Orton to rest up and get another 10-15 out of Hardy fresh for the main event.

Really, it makes no sense for Hardy to have a large advantage after having been through the ladder match. The time would be negated because, hypothetically, it should be more brutal.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, Jeff Hardy should be pretty broken and beaten down after his Ladder Match. I understand why people want to see it, but it really makes little sense for Jeff to come in fresh as a daisy.

Also, to be honest, John Cena should really win the match. I do not like the character, or that he is WWE Champion most of the time, but it's pretty simple and logical booking: Triple H is knocked out of the ring, John Cena puts Randy Orton in the STFU, and Orton taps. John Cena wins his fourth WWE Championship, and Triple H regrets allowing Cena into the match, because he lost and was not even involved in the decision.

This leads to Triple H turning heel, and feuding with Cena over the WWE Championship. I won't like the feud, I'll be calling for fresh guys to be elevated, and all that jazz, but it makes the most sense keeping Cena strong, as he really is one of the most protected characters on WWE TV. He's undefeated at WrestleMania, and there is probably money in him losing that streak to someone one day.

Randy Orton is not ready to be the top guy, and is lucky to even be main eventing, in my opinion. Triple H does not need to leave another WrestleMania Champion ever again. Cena is, unfortunately, the guy the WWE is hanging their hat on, and it is foolish to have him come up short after winning the Royal Rumble, losing to Orton once, and only just scraping into the match.

Jeff Hardy will probably win Money in the Bank, but that will be a big enough "Look at Jeff Hardy!" moment for the night. He doesn't need another, and there could be more interest generated if the WWE waits.

I actually see Jeff defeating The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship, perhaps in a Ladder Match, as kind of a parallel to their past Ladder Match.

Mr. JL
03-03-2008, 10:11 PM
My only gripe is that Orton gets beaten in 2 moves.

Makes him look super weak if all he does is deliver a double RKO and then takes a Twist of Fate / Swanton Bomb combo to lose the title.

Now...if Orton where to win, go batshit crazy and run up all the turnbuckles before lapping through the crowd in celebration of his dupe over HHH & Cena and THEN get beaten by Hardy in 2 moves it'd be perfect!

I think it would be better if they did the RAW main even around mid-show (if they're doing the Hardy thing). Have it go about 10-15 minutes with Orton winning via count-out or something. This allows Orton to rest up and get another 10-15 out of Hardy fresh for the main event.

Really, it makes no sense for Hardy to have a large advantage after having been through the ladder match. The time would be negated because, hypothetically, it should be more brutal.

Yeah, but I was banking on the idea that Jeff should win the title rather quickly because his intial appearence will get a huge pop and I think having a 15-20 minute match after that huge pop would just end flat in comparison to the initial pop on seeing Hardy cash in.

Theo Dious
03-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah, if the MitB winner cashes at the end of the night, it should at least be a fifteen-minute match. Especially if the idea is that Orton doesn't wrestle most of the ME.

The Optimist
03-03-2008, 11:24 PM
JL: Sounds like Russo booking. Especially because Orton would be extremely fresh, since he didn't even really wrestle and Hardy, notorious for treating his own body like garbage, just had a ladder match. I bet fans would buy it, if it's any consolation.

And really . . . it just doesn't make any fucking sense. All this build-up and hype between the two super-face top teir superstars just to job to Orton jobbing to Hardy.

Mr. JL
03-03-2008, 11:59 PM
aight... maybe I just want Jeff to win the fucking title so bad. He's the best thing goin' at the moment

The Optimist
03-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Again. I sort of agree. And people want it, I think . . . Really, part of me wants to go against the grain and say that this should happen despite it not making sense because people would eat it up, and WWE has done less sensical things.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah, but I was banking on the idea that Jeff should win the title rather quickly because his intial appearence will get a huge pop and I think having a 15-20 minute match after that huge pop would just end flat in comparison to the initial pop on seeing Hardy cash in.

Hmm, I actually think a longer, more dramatic match would be a better route to take. Jeff Hardy coming out with Randy Orton standing tall would get the shock pop, and then Jeff can cash it in, and the fans would be rabid, but then Jeff's injuries allow Orton to take control.

Orton controls Jeff, and it looks like Jeff is going to be the first MITB winner to not successfully win the title, but then Jeff counters an RKO attempt, hits the Twist of Fate, climbs to the top rope, and follows up with the Swanton Bomb and wins.

I think that would be much more rewarding for the fans than a short match.

Hanso Amore
03-04-2008, 05:07 AM
I just dont think they will be cool and have hardy randomly cash in, I think he will go the RVD route and cash in for a Future PPV title match.

St. Jimmy
03-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Short Anwser:
Number 12:
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/377012/5597322

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 02:30 AM
I just dont think they will be cool and have hardy randomly cash in, I think he will go the RVD route and cash in for a Future PPV title match.

That'll be it. I doubt it will be Summerslam, either. I'm actually thinking Vengeance, One Night Stand, or The Great American Bash.

Mr. JL
03-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Hmm, I actually think a longer, more dramatic match would be a better route to take. Jeff Hardy coming out with Randy Orton standing tall would get the shock pop, and then Jeff can cash it in, and the fans would be rabid, but then Jeff's injuries allow Orton to take control.

Orton controls Jeff, and it looks like Jeff is going to be the first MITB winner to not successfully win the title, but then Jeff counters an RKO attempt, hits the Twist of Fate, climbs to the top rope, and follows up with the Swanton Bomb and wins.

I think that would be much more rewarding for the fans than a short match.

AFter reading that.. that would make a lot more sense and since Hardy is the bets thing goin' he would probably be able to pull off a longer match and still retain that BIG POP for the finish.

Mr. JL
03-05-2008, 03:00 AM
sadly the ideas both u and I have put forth is probablly more effort and thought placed into thatn the WWE wil do.

Pretty sure the meeting will go like this:

Vince: So I think, Cena Wins.
Writer #1: I agree sir
Writer #2: Excellent unique idea Vince!
Writer #3: You're a Creative genius

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 04:08 AM
sadly the ideas both u and I have put forth is probablly more effort and thought placed into thatn the WWE wil do.

Pretty sure the meeting will go like this:

Vince: So I think, Cena Wins.
Writer #1: I agree sir
Writer #2: Excellent unique idea Vince!
Writer #3: You're a Creative genius

Why does the WWE even need writers? I mean, I can understand they even need people to write crap, but do they need a lot? A head booker for each show, maybe another writer, and you're fucking done.