PDA

View Full Version : Deuce N' Domino would work so much better apart than together, I think

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Both guys seem pretty solid to me, but in particular, Deuce is underrated. The man was apparently fairly good as a singles guy in OVW. I'm not sure about Domino, but he has some agility on him, and seems to have some personality. I'm just not feeling them as a tag team, nor are many others.

I'd like to see Deuce go off on his own, and talk about being Jimmy Snuka's adopted son, but how he's creating an identity of his own. Basically his original "Deuce Shade" character in OVW. The one that led him to the OVW Television Championship, I believe. As for Domino, well just keep him with Cherry, and at the very least he has a chick with him. He would make a fine mid-carder to put other guys over.

Here is a match I just saw between Deuce and Paul Burchill. Either Deuce is actually pretty damn capable, or Burchill is better than I thought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-_X0OFVR0&feature=related

Suicidal Icon
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Not a bad match. They could have a Deuce and Domino breakup/fued.

Not a big fan of the gimmick tho.

Afterlife
03-05-2008, 12:25 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. I see their split coming sooner than later. They just don't have much chemistry, really. It seems only logical that they dismemberment be a step up for both of them.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah, they just don't have the chemistry of a real tag team. People still don't even know which one is Deuce and which one is Domino. That is pretty ridiculous, considering they pretty much have different ethnic backgrounds.

Deuce could claim that he is too good for Domino, which causes a rift between them, and he tells Cherry to stick with him. Cherry then says she cannot leave her brother, and then Deuce says fine, shoves her on her ass, or something, and then Domino stands up for her and we get a little feud. It would be the most interesting thing either man has done since being brought up.

Londoner
03-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Nah, don't like them either way, the gimmick just makes me lose interest straight away. Its not like their matches are that good either.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Nah, don't like them either way, the gimmick just makes me lose interest straight away. Its not like their matches are that good either.

The gimmick would probably be dropped if they split up.

Porcupine
03-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Yeah, they just don't have the chemistry of a real tag team. People still don't even know which one is Deuce and which one is Domino. That is pretty ridiculous, considering they pretty much have different ethnic backgrounds.

Deuce could claim that he is too good for Domino, which causes a rift between them, and he tells Cherry to stick with him. Cherry then says she cannot leave her brother, and then Deuce says fine, shoves her on her ass, or something, and then Domino stands up for her and we get a little feud. It would be the most interesting thing either man has done since being brought up.

I dunno, I think its pretty easy to tell them apart, I mean, Deuce has the short haircut and Domino doesnt. I dont see why people have the trouble of telling them apart. Now the major brothers (Or Hawkins/Ryder), thats a different story...

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 08:01 AM
I dunno, I think its pretty easy to tell them apart, I mean, Deuce has the short haircut and Domino doesnt. I dont see why people have the trouble of telling them apart. Now the major brothers (Or Hawkins/Ryder), thats a different story...

It seems every set of SmackDown! spoilers I read says Domino when it should be Deuce. I know it's ridiculous, but I think people do actually get confused.

Kane Knight
03-05-2008, 08:23 AM
k.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
KK, honestly, are you drunk?

Testicle
03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Noid, you make valid points. There is no doubt they would be better apart than as a team. They don't have chemistry and to be honest their matches have been very poor.

With that said, that match with Burchill wasn't that great on duece's part. Burchill made him look good by selling everything well and was constantly feeding him. Duece did some nice spots, but his timing is off as it takes him a while to set up his moves.

Afterlife
03-05-2008, 10:53 PM

lol, That's a remarkably valid point. Hawkins and Ryder look frustratingly identical. Add that to looking damn near exactly like Edge, and one tends to give up on telling who's who.

Xerzes
03-06-2008, 03:41 AM
I don't know which is which. I like their finisher, but apart from that they've been useless to me since they came to my TV.

XL
03-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I dunno, I think its pretty easy to tell them apart, I mean, Deuce has the short haircut and Domino doesnt. I dont see why people have the trouble of telling them apart.
Well you're working on the assumed knowledge that most people know which one has the short hair to start of with.

I for one don't know which one has short hair and thus (until reading your post) would never have known who was Deuce and who was Domino.

Afterlife
03-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Just read their jackets.

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Just read their jackets.

You're assuming that Deuce and Domino wear the correct jackets...

:shifty: